Polytunnel flowering

Binjuuce76

Thanks Everyone for the advice! It pains me to say it but I'm going to chop them Down and start again:thumbdown: it just makes sense. It will give my auto's some more light and I'll be able to move in my tunnel again whilst I'm watering my tomatoes. They should still be big enough if I plant them now.. 

i started growing my photoperiods in march and moved them outside int to the greenhouse in april. ive just removed most the leaves off them to let the  light get to the lower parts :) im hoping  they will start to flower in august  or late july BUT they probably wont

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hopsarecannabistoo said:

ive just removed most the leaves off them to let the  light get to the lower parts

i was doing a gg on someone else's land in a greenhouse, the wife of the guy who was involved decided to strip all the fan leaves off the 6 plants, i got 4 ounces dry from plants because she fucked with them so bad, i was stunned she thought it was such a good idea outdoors

would you strip leaves off a fruit tree?   lol

there's a record of it here somewhere but it was about 2014 so a while ago

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Hopsarecannabistoo said:

i started growing my photoperiods in march and moved them outside int to the greenhouse in april. ive just removed most the leaves off them to let the  light get to the lower parts :) im hoping  they will start to flower in august  or late july BUT they probably wont

Nice one mate :bong: good luck with that. I was shocked at how big they grow and so quickly.

it was a tough decision for me but it just made sense to start again, I don't need a big crop. 

Mate just take cuttings of them! They’ll root in a couple of weeks and will grow and mature faster than a start from seeds now. Or do both!

:yinyang:

• Like 5

5112025.jpg

2 hours ago, ratdog said:

would you strip leaves off a fruit tree?   lol

did 2 weeks ago on my kumquat tree, cos it got those horrible  scale bugs and had been fighting them for 2 years, and go so sick of them i took every single leaf off, then  sprayed it with a hose pipe to dislodges them from the naked tree, and squirted the whole thing with pesticide, its almost back to being as leafy as it was 2 weeks ago now. i was worried it would die, but it seems to have survived thank god, as iot cost me 20 quid luckily it hasnt harmed it, other than a few dead branches but io dont know if that was due to the huge amount of scale bugs. they are so evil, and immune to pesticide lol  the things in that picture  they don't move they just sit there and suck. they can only move as larvae.  tbh it was the trees last chance before i threw it in the bin lol. so glad it worked. also the leaves ae coming back on my cannabis small ones :) and as its photoperiod its got plenty of time to get them back :) i kept the top leaves though and i must admit the smaller branches have grown more without the leaves  blocking the light. and just the small leaves on it living up north i dont know how long il have on them  till they go to flower though. 

Also RATDOG you can help me, why do the plants go all saggy at night, is it cos the temp goes down? cos the soils moist, and when i come back in the morning they are all happy and stuck up again 

ILrYgG7.jpg

ipG53uy.jpg

hDkcVLD.jpg

and my kumquat  rebirth like jesus S Christ. 

mdV3gLO.jpg

Edited by Hopsarecannabistoo
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Asha605 said:

Mate just take cuttings of them! They’ll root in a couple of weeks and will grow and mature faster than a start from seeds now. Or do both!

:yinyang:

Top idea Asha possibly too late now though :george:. Can you do that with auto's? Or Is it too late once they start flowering? 

• Like 1

Auto cuttings flower at the same time as the mother.

@Hopsarecannabistoo plants droop at night because the stomata are closed (no photosynthesis happening in the dark) the plant is basically having a chill. 

:lucky:

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Hopsarecannabistoo said:

did 2 weeks ago on my kumquat tree, cos it got those horrible  scale bugs

lol thats hardly the same as stripping leaves off a healthy plant now is it mate?

On 11/06/2020 at 11:40 PM, uberowl said:

Auto cuttings flower at the same time as the mother.

@Hopsarecannabistoo plants droop at night because the stomata are closed (no photosynthesis happening in the dark) the plant is basically having a chill. 

:lucky:

Yes, and peeps are not sure why as it happens in a range of plants (tomatoes for example) and though presumably it confers a survival advantage on the plants which do it, it can't be essential as many do not.  Known as nyctinasty https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nyctinasty and even occurs in some trees, though that has only relatively recently been shown as one needs laser scanners to be able to analyse a tree in sufficient detail to prove it. https://e360.yale.edu/digest/new_research_trees_sleep_silver_birch

• Like 3

On 10/06/2020 at 1:22 PM, uberowl said:

@Binjuuce76

If I were doing a full photo period plant in my greenhouse I would probably only start it mid June, I cant remember off the top of my head whos, but there was a diary in this section they were experiencing exactly the same issues as you. I seem to think he pulled it off in the end by ruthlessly trimming and training. I will have a look later to see if I can find the link for you.

Is there any way you can use light deprivation on your tunnel?

Ease up man I’m same Lat and now you’re making my seed trigger finger itchy.

buy more seeds buy more seeds buy more seeds lol 

• Like 2