Polytunnel flowering

Binjuuce76

I have 2 feminised plants in my tunnel. When will they start flowering? I live in the North West of England. Their not auto's. I'm guessing around the end of August beginning of September. 

Depends really... 

Is there any ruderalis genetics in your feminised strains at all? Does the greenhouse get full sun all day? When did you Sow the seeds? From my experience (lat 52) mid to end of July should start to see pistils clustering.

• Like 2

Thanks Kuja

I planted them both around the beginning of April there both massive. The tunnel gets sun all day. I've had to top them both already. I was just wondering when they might stop growing and start put energy into flowering. 

• Like 1

I grew 5 white widow plants in my tunnel about 5 years ago. They were in a raised bed with really good, highly enriched soil. I knew nothing about growing and they just grew and grew, to the point where they must've been 7 or 8 feet high with no buds at all. When you say your plants are massive, how tall do you mean? I can't give you any advice as I'm not experienced enough, but if your soil is full of Nitrogen you'll get all leaf and no bud.

• Like 1

I'm at lat53 and your pretty much spot on. Unless you have a early strain choice they probably wont start till then, so expect them to get much bigger yet, tbf they are probably just getting going vegging at the mo lol

What strains you got going?

Edit:typo

Edited by uberowl
  • Like 1

I have an Afgan Skunk about 5ft and a Tangerine dream 6ft. I'm running out of room I don't want them touching the side of the tunnel I've topped the TD twice, I don't want to have to prun it once it starts flowering, and I want to change the nutrition just before hand too and give them some bio bloom 

I think your probably going to have to get quite brutal with them, topping and tying them down but it's always going to be an issue for you with them being started so early.

• Like 1

Thanks uberowel

Yeah it's my first go, at growing them. I should have started them later. when is the best time to start them? I was considering chopping them and starting again as I have the seeds, but it might be too late now. 

@Binjuuce76

If I were doing a full photo period plant in my greenhouse I would probably only start it mid June, I cant remember off the top of my head whos, but there was a diary in this section they were experiencing exactly the same issues as you. I seem to think he pulled it off in the end by ruthlessly trimming and training. I will have a look later to see if I can find the link for you.

Is there any way you can use light deprivation on your tunnel?

Edited by uberowl
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, uberowl said:

@Binjuuce76

If I were doing a full photo period plant in my greenhouse I would probably only start it mid June, I cant remember off the top of my head whos, but there was a diary in this section they were experiencing exactly the same issues as you. I seem to think he pulled it off in the end by ruthlessly trimming and training. I will have a look later to see if I can find the link for you.

Is there any way you can use light deprivation on your tunnel?

No my tunnel is fairly big so that would be a big job. To be honest I don't mind starting again if I have the time to re grow them, and it looks like I do. it doesn't need to be a massive crop. I have plenty of seeds. I've also got some auto's on the go so there's no rush Thanks for the advice umberowl

No worries dude, hope it all works out for you. I cant find that other thread, I think it was mokka who started it but doesn't look like he posts here anymore so cant ask him. Just seen your other thread about aditional artificial lighting, if you have a smart phone you can download a lumens meter app and see the difference between full sun and cloudy.

Atb :lucky:

• Like 1

I would guess your going to have to chop it now and quite harshly as im guessing you will still get some stretch during flowering.    I only grow outside and have got to the stage i plant fems out late or place them outdoors and leave the autos in the tunnel / greenhouse.   

Good luck and hope you get it sorted :) 

• Like 1

Is there no way you could make a smaller tunnel out of alkathene water pipe to fit inside the main tunnel. And use a couple of large sheets of weed suppression membrane to make it dark and pull the membrane over the plants to start the light flip? 

• Like 1

@Binjuuce76 hello mate are they in pots or directly in the ground? if they are in pots you could dig holes and put the pots in the holes to give you some more head room also lots of lst will help.

they'll get huge.. lots more veg time then when they hit flower boom!! get bending them over they'll love it :yep:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, uberowl said:

No worries dude, hope it all works out for you. I cant find that other thread, I think it was mokka who started it but doesn't look like he posts here anymore so cant ask him. Just seen your other thread about aditional artificial lighting, if you have a smart phone you can download a lumens meter app and see the difference between full sun and cloudy.

Atb :lucky:

Top idea thanks!