Best homemade shatter

@B-real there’s quite a few attempts on you-tube that seem to achieve what you’re after, like this one; 

Im not saying that this video is any good or that this is the way to do it, but with little or no kit and with little effort it’s easily possible to make something that resembles shatter as this bloke shows.

If like me you can’t purge due to lack of kit, or knowledge, or both, then use ethanol instead (ask for spiritus vodka 95% at any good polish supermarket). That way you don’t need to stress about any potential residual iso being left in your extract :yep:

2 hours ago, Topdeck said:

@B-real there’s quite a few attempts on you-tube that seem to achieve what you’re after, like this one; 

Im not saying that this video is any good or that this is the way to do it, but with little or no kit and with little effort it’s easily possible to make something that resembles shatter as this bloke shows.

If like me you can’t purge due to lack of kit, or knowledge, or both, then use ethanol instead (ask for spiritus vodka 95% at any good polish supermarket). That way you don’t need to stress about any potential residual iso being left in your extract :yep:

Yes mate niice.have you used this method or similar. 

Have you or anyone used the end product and not had any unpleasant side effects .

Yes mate I do it with ethanol all of the time (I distil my own so I have an endless supply). I try to do it at -30C and winterise etc and I get a really beautiful end product. I wouldn’t do it with iso unless I could fully purge it like the way zen-ken showed earlier in the thread because iso is nasty stuff.

I’ve got my next batch of ethanol brewing up now so I’ll I’m doing another run in the next week or two. I’ll pop a few pics up of my process on this thread if you like?

4 minutes ago, Topdeck said:

Yes mate I do it with ethanol all of the time (I distil my own so I have an endless supply). I try to do it at -30C and winterise etc and I get a really beautiful end product. I wouldn’t do it with iso unless I could fully purge it like the way zen-ken showed earlier in the thread because iso is nasty stuff.

I’ve got my next batch of ethanol brewing up now so I’ll I’m doing another run in the next week or two. I’ll pop a few pics up of my process on this thread if you like?

Yh please especially winterizing part just for clarity

19 hours ago, zen-ken said:

No....and I’m really not being difficult.

carboxylic acid is predominately the waxy crap that I remove from my purge (the white crap) 

the plant doesn’t produce THC....it produces THCv.....oxidation causes it to change to THC 

Or something like that.......

Cannabis produces the cannabinoids in carboxylic acid form, not the waxy cap.  That means it has a COOH link attached to its molecule.  

It can decarboxylate naturally with heat and time, but at a normal harvest, most of the cannabinoids are typically in carboxylic acid form until decarboxylated.

Cannabis first produces Cannabigerol (CBG), which it then converts to THCA, or CBDA through enzyme action.  THCV is a variant.  

• Like 2