telos 10 pro

Gazza420

The last crop I used 36l pots x 6 and could not move and got around 40oz. So just thought drop the pot number get bigger pots and see how that works out...i was thinking bigger root area bigger flowers plus 1 light per plant was my original thought iv only done 3 crops so far so still very new to it...i usually flip them to 12/12 when they get 1m hight plus I net the room and top and bend them mate.

If they are only 3 days in mate your probably giving them way to much light in my opinion, if you have the option to dim the 600hps try dimming it right down to 250w and keep them well above your girls until they get used to the intensity of the big lights, if you don't have an option to dim the 600 I would say leave that switched off and veg under the telos, that had a pretty big veg coverage from memory, the hps will be Great for adding heat but this early on I would say they would be getting to much light intensity of the led and hps, I have a tent set up else where, I'm running 10 plants in 20litre pots,1.5 weeks into veg, the tent size is 2.4m wide by 1.2 by 2.0m high and I'm burning 2 250w metal halide bulbs during veg (clone room is 2 110w fluorescent tubes) I run the metal halides till a week before flower, put a dual spectrum bulb in and switch upto 400w for a week before flipping them to 12/12 under a 600w hps, this should give you an idea on plant stage/ light intensity as bright light can damage young plants and during veg can make node spacings stretch, for a more controlled grow phase I would definitely recommend leaving out the hps unless you can dim it down, the light and spectrum on the telos is more than efficient infact it's more efficient than a hps plus cheaper to run on those long 18hr light cycles. Also regarding lights when the plants are bigger and more established, you could run all the lights to fill every inch of the room but what I would  do is 2 hps with the telso would be more than manageable with the extractor/intake set up you have plus amount of fans providing it's cool air you can bring in doesn't matter when you run your light cycles that's down to your life style and what times suit you. in my personal opinion it would only benefit your winter plants and your yeild using both the led and 1 or more hps during the winter and summer months (if anything, use more light in winter as winter crops are usually a bit less than summer ones), providing you can keep on top of temps the more lights the better coverage your (well established) plants will get and then better the yeilds and potency, if your only putting 3 plants in this time round I would suggest scrog netting and purchasing a bag or 2 of exhale co2 bags and hang them above your plants, if I was you with everything you have I would use your telos to veg and scrog them,, for 3 big ass plants in that space with room to move about and maintain plants i would run the telos and 2 hps over a 1.2 meter deep by 2.3m scorg in width going by the sizes you have provided and aim to fill the 3 plants into as much of the net as possible, next time around I would aim to use more plants and make a bigger scrog net and possibly use one more hps so 3 hps and the telos, in my 1.2 by 4.2m scrog net I have 8 very large white widow that where vegged for 10 weeks in 42litre fabric pots, other than the odd square here and there in corners or near fans the net is full, obviously different strains will be different but again hope this gives you a rough idea of what your possibilitys are, more plants and less veg would have filled the same size scrog but I like growing big bitches lol I'm interested to keep tabs on your results using the telos 10 as I'm really interested in purchasing as few especially at that price in comparison to most other leds on the market so good luck with your girls mate and keep us updated along the way

• Like 1

Cheers happyhippy1508 you have helped me no end mate really appreciate it how do I follow you on here I have little  idea as this is only my 3rd crop and would like to lean on you a little through this journey you don't mind..iv heard mh keep the plants stumpy were hps stretch them up, is that right so mh are better for veg ? Yh I'm currently running the telos and 1 hps for heat or should I just turn the hps off and let the controller control the oil heater when the temps drop at night...when they go 12/12 I will be lighting her at 8pm til 8am.

Cheers bud thank you 

Anytime mate happy to help out any way I can, and to follow me click on the small profile picture beside my user name, once it takes you to the next page there should be a half person with a plus sign if you click on that it should start to follow me, and hang about and spend enough time searching on here there are some real guru's out there I'm nowhere near that level just passionate about what i do and love the science behind a lot of it, the weed plant truly is a unique and versatile plant and each grow is a new learning curve, that's correct with the mh and hps, I know several guys who actually run 600mh later in veg and then the first 2 weeks into flower because of how tight it keeps node spacings so equals fat tight buds, I'm no guru when it comes to the lights of old or the variations of new leds, plasma lights ECT on the market these days but I can say through my own personal experience that I've never seen as lush, vibrant, or symmetricaly shaped plants in the veg period than plants grown under a good quality led, back when myself and a friend used a top of the rage one 6-8 years ago the unit was just under £2000 new and we managed to wangle a shot of one for a good few months and to this day I've still never seen as healthy looking plants, during the start of my current white widow grow I had major issues regarding heat during the veg stage temps pushed 42 at one stage, but long story short for a good 3-5 weeks of the 10 week veg cycle, there was 2 cheap leds (one Chinese import and an older Mars hydro, both sub 100 to buy new)  used in place of 2 600hps (dimmed to 400w during veg) the plants that where under the LEDs produced more heads, tighter node spacings and encouraged much more fresh growth and now when looking at the scrog net, allough all the squares are filled the ones that where under LEDs have more meat to them, they look fuller and denser than the plants that never got any LEDs during the veg period, so going by my own experience and that of many other growers I'd suggest running the telos for as long as possible until you fill the max veg space of that light, then add in your hps once the LEDs maxed out, I'd also strongly recommend, topping/ fimming, super cropping, use plant ties to train, I'd look at any previous grows of the strain you are growing online and see how she responds to high and low stress's training, scrog ect and implement that from as early on as possible, using big pots will give you plenty time and if your topping I wouldn't let your cuttings get much taller than 4"/6" Or about 6 set of branches /nodes before you give them there first topping, that way she bushes out from early stages, once those sites have all grown up and bushed out you can then top all of those sites to create more heads, whilst doing this id be tying them down (in an arc shape, so bend the tip of a plant towards one side of a pot with soft plant ties in a 360° motion) so parts off the lower braches are getting direct light, try that for a couple hours then go back and move the tip of the plant to another part of the pot, repeat this until they are bigger and it's no longer possible and you'll maximize the amount of bud sites from an early stage, topping and tying them down would be my first forms of low stress training, then as the plants get bigger and more established I would super crop and be defoliating certain leaves that are blocking light from other branches, if you have some spare time there's plenty of videos and no doubt endless threads on here about different training methods, I'll add one more thing before I go lol watch out for when growing in big pots in smaller spaces (my local grow shop owner told me, what helps stay within manageable humidity without the need of machines was no more than 50ltr of soil per 600w light but this will be for the recommended coverage of a 600w which is 1.0m x1.0m/1.2x1.2m, if you add too much more then humidity will become harder to control without the use of dehumidifier and humidifier, so going by your sized room, anything more than 200 litres could cause issues with your humidity, another thing to watch out for when the lights are off in your room, buy a min/max thermometer that reads humidity (if you don't already have one) these can be reset Daily and give you good indication to temp/humidity levels at there highest and lowest times, or get an 'air comfort sensor ' (£30) there aboslutley amazing for the money, there a little Bluetooth sensors that work through a mobile app and give you in-depth readings on humidity and temp down to the hours and minutes via a graph that shows you spikes and drops, it updates and stores to your phone Everytime you sink with it, it can be veiwed on daily, weekly or monthly modes so this is ideal for tracking full crops and seeing how certain strains respond under more hot or humid conditions or lower levels, or if you get a really good grow done with a certain strain and you want to replicate those factors again. Bigger pots and bigger plants are great but they can also lead to 80+% humidity levels in the dark hours which depending on plants stage can be devastating (sooking fresh air into your room during the lights off period on rainy or humid days will contribute to higher humidity levels in the room)  if you can control humidity day and night in your room with a humidifier and dehumidifier or by other means the end results will be greater again but yeah.... I'm high af forgive the novel and for any parts that don't make any sense as it all did in my head at the time lol

my controller sorts the humidity out at but i do have a dehumidifier on stand by just in case...i think some mh bulbs will be purchased tomorrow...the last 1 I done I did notice the nobes were far apart under the full spec hps only, will try and add you now mate 

cheers 

• 2 years later...

I'd say you'd need 4 of them. They're only 285w each. 

Led is very efficient but it's not that efficient that 570w would equate to 1800w of hps.

• Like 1