telos 10 pro

Gazza420

Hi, I was wondering if anybody has used the telos 10 Pro and if so would it be OK to run my halis at the same time ?

Cheers 

17 hours ago, Gazza420 said:

Hi, I was wondering if anybody has used the telos 10 Pro and if so would it be OK to run my halis at the same time ?

Cheers 

I've been thinking about getting one of these. From the research I did, they are very efficient, with the added bonus of not having noisy cooling fans. However, I'm more leaning towards the Lumatek Attis which is dimmable, although not as efficient as the Telos 10. @diyleduk has a thread somewhere entitled 'What we do', he's a proper LED guru.

Peace

Iv been and got the telos today so I guess time will tell, I also got a iso-max 10" and filter but when I connected them to my ecotechnics fan controller it hums like mad, just trying to get the best out of the room i have any suggestions?

4 minutes ago, Gazza420 said:

Iv been and got the telos today so I guess time will tell, I also got a iso-max 10" and filter but when I connected them to my ecotechnics fan controller it hums like mad, just trying to get the best out of the room i have any suggestions?

Congrats on the new lamp :)

Anything else you speak of is above my pay grade.

Peace

It was only because the heat was killing me and summer is fast approaching the room is hitting like mid 30s with 1 light...was giving my little girls heat stroke :thumbdown:

50 minutes ago, Gazza420 said:

Have a look in the DIY thread for Variac or Wac1 for a controller without the hum :) 

Consider doing a diary bro, I know myself I'm interested in seeing how those Telos perform..

Pretty sure others will be too.

Have you got the 600w latest version with added reds?

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Dodgee said:

Consider doing a diary bro, I know myself I'm interested in seeing how those Telos perform..

Pretty sure others will be too.

Good shout, I reckon a few people are interested in seeing how they perform

The thing is I'm not just running the telos, the set up goes 2000 x 2300 room, diamond sheeting, 1 x telos 10 pro, 4 x full spectrum 600w hps, 5 x 56 Ltr rizo pots, 10" iso-max fan, 1m long 10" filter, 8" rvk fan inlet, ec technic digital fan speer controller, air stone in 100ltr water butt to keep chems moving and a water heater set at 20° & oil heater for when it gets cold at night...breeds are 3 x choc mint geloto & 2 x geloto cookie dough kush...fingers crossed...does anyone have any advise on the set-up? 

Tok Tok Tok :smokin:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gazza420 said:

The thing is I'm not just running the telos, the set up goes 2000 x 2300 room, diamond sheeting, 1 x telos 10 pro, 4 x full spectrum 600w hps, 5 x 56 Ltr rizo pots, 10" iso-max fan, 1m long 10" filter, 8" rvk fan inlet, ec technic digital fan speer controller, air stone in 100ltr water butt to keep chems moving and a water heater set at 20° & oil heater for when it gets cold at night...breeds are 3 x choc mint geloto & 2 x geloto cookie dough kush...fingers crossed...does anyone have any advise on the set-up? 

Tok Tok Tok :smokin:

That's a hell of a lot lights for 5 plants 

• Like 3

Hi mate sounds like your heat issues haven't even begun yet, if you are struggling to control temps with 1 light then 4 is going to be even harder even with the fan on a c temp controller, usually the recommended coverage for a 600hps is 1.0m x 1.0m/ 1.2m x 1.2m, if I was you I'd get the room set up and see what the temps rise to with all the lights running for a couple of hours, preferably during a hot day, ( without any plants in there) that way you can come up with a solution without stressing plants if temps are too hot, if heat is an issue try putting your hps on timers, 2 on for an hour then the other 2 on for an hour and rotate between lights so all plants will still get equal amounts of light everyday , I'm running a 2.4m deep by 4.2m wide by 1.8m high room (i run my lights above a 4m wide by 1.2m deep scrog net) and run lights on through the night, I currently have 4 600w hps and struggling to stay on top of temps during the night my temps average about 32°c (smscom fan controller set to 28°c), I have added co2 to help with the extra heat, if your running 4 lights in such a small area I think you will struggle more than myself with high temps so maby better testing things out before you get full swing into your crop and the hot summer days turn up adding even more heat to the equation.

Edited by Happyhippy1508

Just noticed you said oil heater for when it gets cold at night... I definitely wouldn't recommend running your lights on during the day unless you can pull alot of cold air from a cold place on a hot summers day, if your sooking warm air in on a hot summers day you will be making temps climb higher, best recommendation I could give is run through the night 7/7 8/8 9/9 that way the ambient temperature outside has fallen, then during the day heating your room up should be free as outside temps are higher so the air your sooking in is warmer.

Some great advise there mate the cuts are only 3 days in so the light is on 24hrs, I'm not putting all the lights on at the moment I'm just using the telos and 1 hps the room is sitting around the 27° mark with fans running at 25%...we had that nice weather last week the room climbed to 38° without the iso max on! As soon as I turned it on the temp dropped to around 18°...I'm just trying to set the room up for all year round...I would never run all the light in summer that would be sudden death for my ladys. Do you reckon the telos and hps would be OK to run together in the winter? as in would the spectrums clash.

Do you think the telos should be OK for the summer months by its self as in enough light ?

Cheers bud 

Can I ask why 56l pots?

It will take ages to fully root out those pots and they will be tall.

what's the height of your room?

It would save you a few weeks of veg time to go 10 x 28l pots