Kaydog's attempt at automation with raspberry pi

KayDog

That sure is an impressive control unit you have made there :yep:. Couldn’t program something if my life depended on it. 

12 minutes ago, Shumroom said:

:yep: Nice one mate. 

Did you have the door open at 12:30?

The big temp/humidity drop. 

Looking good :)

Observant one he is! That’s one of the reasons why I‘m way too paranoid to be running a smart System.

If I was in a legal country... hell... My groom would look like the inside of a spaceship! 

You sure make me jelly.

Edited by Renard
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 11/07/2020 at 9:16 PM, Flamedodger said:

So I bought some cheap Chinese shite from Alibaba or whatever its called and after 2 whole days trying to get it to work, I have my environment dialled in on my phone :yep: I bought a Xiaomi Mi gateway and a Mi Temperature and Humidity Sensor, which cost about £20. 

I've ordered 2 mi plugs which will connect to the gateway and allow me to automate my tube heater. I'm a little reticent to use the other plug for the lights, I'll see how they go for the heater before I commit ;) The phone app has some great automations, I've set it up so my phone gets a message when my humidity has gone over 65% and temps below 18 degs or above 30 degs.  

This is supported in Home Assistant but I've not sussed how to integrate it yet, that's my next task.

large.IMG_0408.PNGlarge.IMG_0409.PNGlarge.IMG_0410.PNG

Dont suppose you have a link to the sensors you used ?

what app is logging the temp and humidty??

Cheers

On 16/01/2021 at 0:14 PM, Dapex said:

Dont suppose you have a link to the sensors you used ?

what app is logging the temp and humidty??

Cheers

I use Meross plugs and humidity sensors, available on the big river site (not allowed to post links) and the Meross app. Have a look at the Pi Camera link on my sig, for more info :yep:

• Like 2