Pics of this years Sweet Seeds Greenhouse Offerings.

OldFord

A quick update,  going to be spending some time in the garden today as its getting messy :(   Working away so much takes its toll on the upkeep but a good effort today should get things looking much better :)     I use lots of pots until i decide whats for keeping, planting and chucking lol       A few pics of the plants progress during the week !  

large_044.JPGlarge_042.JPGlarge_041.JPGlarge_040.JPGlarge_039.JPGlarge_038.JPGlarge_035.JPGlarge_026.JPGlarge_016.JPG

• Like 5

Cheers mate!

All looking great, that's an awesome garden that you've got there :yep:

Keep it up and sweet smokes :oldtoker:

tommy

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

A quick update as been working away for a few weeks.    

The prolonged wet spell seems to have posed no issues for the Sweets ladies as usual,  the S.A.D. is now over 7ft tall and even though its been topped numerous times now it keeps pushing and from now on its bud shots only until chop day due to the plants size and security -  it does smell amazing though :)    A few bud pics now , colours are coming through very nice !

large_038.JPGlarge_037.JPG

Next up is the  Cream Caramel  -  Seems quite happy and smelling rather pungent with a sweet musky undertone.

large_012.JPGlarge_011.JPGlarge_010.JPG

Next up is the Sweet seeds  Wild Rose -  its been topped so many times i have lost count !     Looking pretty healthy and smelling strange .... fruity and spicy , quite an unusual smell.

Seems to be the farthest behind but its def moving,  heres hoping for decent weather and a late October chop ... with a bit of luck :) 

large_015.JPGlarge_016.JPGlarge_013.JPG

Next up -   some random seeds i found in the garden toolbox ..... being as i mainly grow Sweets strains its highly likely that they are a Sweets strain :) 

I will grow these out as far as i can outdoors then try for a finish in the tool shed under the big cfl. large_021.JPGlarge_020.JPGlarge_019.JPG

I have also got a 2nd run of Sweets auto S.A.D. going and they look great,  i forgot to take pics sorry :)    I will get some up when im back in a few wks.   

I hope all your outdoors girls stay safe & rot free ..... til nest time :) 

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

A quick update from the garden & greenhouse girls :)    All taken last sunday,  all still going strong and seem to be coping well with the prolonged rainy shit.  

Still shown no love, no feed or time due to working away from home so much.   

Still got a good few wks to run on the Wild Rose and the Cream Caramel , we shall see how they handle the cold wet stuff :)    S.A.D's seem happy and will be taken down in a few wks as i want them well cooked, all well cloudy with maybe 5% amber.   The babies are just flowering and highly doubt they will complete but its a test grow to see how far i can push them. 

Anyway enough chat, heres some pics.   

Wild Rose

large_016.JPGlarge_015.JPGlarge_014.JPG

Cream Caramels

large_019.JPGlarge_017.JPGlarge_018.JPG

S.A.D.'s Fem

large_022.JPGlarge_021.JPGlarge_020.JPGlarge_038.JPG

S.A.D.'s Autos  

large_013.JPGlarge_012.JPGlarge_011.JPG

Sweets  Babies -  

large_025.JPGlarge_024.JPGlarge_023.JPG

More to follow shortly.  

• Like 7

Lovely garden @OldFord, must be a pleasure to relax in when you go home from work. Once this year is out i'd love to know what your favorite Sweets strain for outdoors UK is coz im growing very very fond of Sweet Seeds, i keep thinking about that S.A.D, she's on my mind lots, will be growing that one in 2021 for sure, i opted for Red Mandarine instead and oh man im not disapointed, beautiful strain so far, i don't know what she tastes like yet but will find out in next couple of weeks.
Stay safe bro, respects :bong:

Edited by SubSpecies
  • Like 2

Cheers mate ,  i love being in the garden but never seem to find time with working away so much, customers cars and my own cars & project cars.

Just wandering through the garden , catching the whiff of the ladies brings so much joy :)    Strange this is i get family & visitors quite often and as much as they all  love the rose & lily collections collections and all the fruit trees ...... almost nobody notices my girls dotted around the garden in plain sight yet almost invisible :)   The bamboo's are amazing for hiding a plant beside !      

I have ran sweets for so long now i cant honestly recall,  the main reason i run them is -  to date i have not had a bad run excluding a run of Black Cream autos and that was due to being the height of a hot summer& the super sweet pungent aroma drawing in every single flying & crawling critter for miles !   you have no idea how sickly sweet the aroma was but it is one of my top 3 sweets autos.     

My top auto pick for garden / GG -  S.A.D  not the biggest yield but end product is class.   Cream Mandarin is my 2nd fav -  so so much flavour and effect.

My top fem pick for garden / GG -  s.A.D   good yield and excellent on all other fronts.   Cream Caramel is slow going but worth the drama.  Mohan Ram & Ice Cool are awesome.  

I love the sweet tai but you need a good summer but again its very nice.   

Not done the red mandarin but if its anything like the cream mandarin your in for a treat !!  Its the most flavoursome product i have ever tasted & grow,  

All the best and get some girls outdoor .... battling the weather is fun but the joy of seeing a big ass girl swaying in the breeze makes it all worth it :)  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, OldFord said:

Cheers mate ,  i love being in the garden but never seem to find time with working away so much, customers cars and my own cars & project cars.

Just wandering through the garden , catching the whiff of the ladies brings so much joy :)    Strange this is i get family & visitors quite often and as much as they all  love the rose & lily collections collections and all the fruit trees ...... almost nobody notices my girls dotted around the garden in plain sight yet almost invisible :)   The bamboo's are amazing for hiding a plant beside !      

I have ran sweets for so long now i cant honestly recall,  the main reason i run them is -  to date i have not had a bad run excluding a run of Black Cream autos and that was due to being the height of a hot summer& the super sweet pungent aroma drawing in every single flying & crawling critter for miles !   you have no idea how sickly sweet the aroma was but it is one of my top 3 sweets autos.     

My top auto pick for garden / GG -  S.A.D  not the biggest yield but end product is class.   Cream Mandarin is my 2nd fav -  so so much flavour and effect.

My top fem pick for garden / GG -  s.A.D   good yield and excellent on all other fronts.   Cream Caramel is slow going but worth the drama.  Mohan Ram & Ice Cool are awesome.  

Not done the red mandarin but if its anything like the cream mandarin your in for a treat !!  Its the most flavoursome product i have ever tasted & grow,  

All the best and get some girls outdoor .... battling the weather is fun but the joy of seeing a big ass girl swaying in the breeze makes it all worth it :)  

@SubSpecies    I hate phones lol   Tiny keypads drives me nuts.   The above should have been directed at you :) 

• Like 2

Excellent! Nice info friend, haha don't worry, i often get my dreads in a twist and im on a PC :wassnnme:

I must try Sweet Tai, actually MUST try ALL of Sweets strains so thats my life sorted for strains haha! But seriously, i gotta try more of in future and i really look forward to that. So far Red Mandarine FV went into flower mid August (53ish lat) and has just finished, am harvesting in stages coz she's a whoppa (in the garden), standing 7ft tall and nearly as wide, loose flower structure due to the way she's sqashed in the grow space with 2 other monsters (Jamaican Dream and Crystal Candy FV) and the training to try to keep her height down a little, the girls wern't supposed to get so big but they went maaad weeeee large.ras_grin.gif!! I love monster plants!
Crystal Candy FV flowered quite late, only a couple or few weeks ago, her buds are starting off small and slightly frosty, but i hope she will burst out impressivly soon or near the end, i hope so, looks and sounds to be a lovely strain, just abit too late to flower in the uk i guess, Bob Marley sey Time Will Tell :bong:
BUT maaaan you should see the guerilla Red Mandarine FV plant and leave (80%) iv just harvested (my 1st ever Sweet Seeds), oh Jah Jah she is the best looking plant iv grown given her situation, second best in smell, as i was chopping i was getting most intense fruity smells of bubblegum and mandarines licking up my nostrils, words can't describe! Juicy fat dense deep blood red buds with purple mix looking tinge from a distance, i will post a lovely topic in Sweet Seeds apropriate section when iv weighed her in, im just in shock at the min (and bubble-baggin the juicy trim tonite), so keep your eye peeled for that large.ras_wink.gif

To Sweet Seeds - Im really feeling the enchantments of your herbs!! Rastafari Bless :yinyang: Mad Respect large.ras_cheers.gif

And just to make mouths water, one more time (you may have seen already but it suits your thread dear Mr Ford), my respects to you bro!! large.ras_cheers.gif

Red Mandarine FV stunningly tasty red trichomes yum... If only we could have GREEN trics one day, Red, Amber and Green (on same plant) Rasta trichomes hint hint Sweet Seeds hehe :notworthy: (knwing you guys you will probably achieve that!)

large.rsz_dsc00069.jpg

:yinyang: Increase The Peace :yinyang:large.ras_old_jah_bless.gif

Edited by SubSpecies
  • Like 4

On 08/10/2020 at 5:30 PM, OldFord said:

nice plants. I've got a sweet tai outdoor this year, i'll grab some pics next weekend, hope she has fought the mold off

• Like 1

Working away from home again...... gagging to get back home to check on the girls ...... still got a few in the garden and only the sweets wild rose is concerning me as shes a bit behind , really firm  buds but still a long way off :unsure:   but i will def let her run and see what happens :)    pics when im back 

Home at last :)     A thorough check on the girls and all seems fine, no rot or mold :)     

Although the Cream Caramels do not seem to like the cold and almost come to a stand still ,  i will take them down sunday as they are well cooked at approx 10% amber.

The Wild Rose im sure has went into hibernation ??   She dont seem to have done anything in 8 days , will measure tomorrow to confirm , most trichs still clear and i still reckin 3 to 4 wks but im game .... weather do your worst lol    

• Like 1

Quick update & pics of whats still out :)  

I will be taking the Sweets Cream Caramels down tomoz morning along with the remainder of the Sweets S.A.D's tops last weekend.

The Sweets Wild Rose is still going strong with no hint of a struggle other than shes wet & cold and def not enjoying it lol   Suppose shes not really aimed at outdoor for uk but thought i would give her a go ,  will keep pushing her and see how far we can go as most trichs still clear and just turning.    #less talk &  more pics ,  remember these girls have been left to their own devices and unloved as im always away working.

Cream Caramel

large_011.JPG

Sweets Wild Rose

large_012.JPGlarge_004.JPGlarge_003.JPGlarge_002.JPGlarge_015.JPG

Sweets Cream Caramel

large_005.JPG

Remainder bits of  Sweets S.A.D.  tops taken last week

large_014.JPGlarge_013.JPGlarge_012.JPG

Edited by OldFord
  • Like 4

Quick update & pics of whats still out :)  

I will be taking the Sweets Cream Caramels down tomoz morning along with the remainder of the Sweets S.A.D's tops last weekend.

The Sweets Wild Rose is still going strong with no hint of a struggle other than shes wet & cold and def not enjoying it lol   Suppose shes not really aimed at outdoor for uk but thought i would give her a go ,  will keep pushing her and see how far we can go as most trichs still clear and just turning.    #less talk &  more pics ,  remember these girls have been left to their own devices and unloved as im always away working.

Cream Caramel

large_005.JPG

Sweets S.A.D

large_014.JPGlarge_013.JPGlarge_012.JPG

Sweets Cream Caramel 

large_011.JPG

Sweets Wild Rose

large_015.JPGlarge_012.JPGlarge_004.JPGlarge_003.JPGlarge_002.JPG

Edited by OldFord
  • Like 6

Its all over :)     I was up at 5am and got ready for a good morning of trimming the intended victims , 

all the Cream Caramels are down and i have really outdone myself this season, truncheon size mains and rock solid to boot !!   Not too much light airy stuff this year and she was a fair bit further on than i anticipated, at least 25% amber upon close inspection.   Very happy and once again impressed by this girl as an outdoor lady.    2 single small tops from central area had mold.

all the S.A.D's had their final harvest , mains taken last weekend.     Very surprised by the amount of heavy tops thats developed in a short time, big rock solid & dense nuggets full of flavour.    There was way more than expected and only lost 1 bud to rot.   25% amber and smelling awesome.   

all the remaining auto S.A.D's were taken down.  Decent little harvest from them, some hard dense tops and plenty of lighter nuggets.   Cooked well too.   Another rock solid performance from this little plant, far from the biggest yielding auto but quality wise she is hard to beat, i have no interest in weight only good quality product.  

All 3 Snow Fruit have been taken down and yet again have proved an outdoor winner , some heavy big ass main tops , like truncheons !   So full of flavour and should be heavy hitter at 30% amber.   2nd year running these , not the biggest yield but mainly big tops with very little airier nuggets.   

Def run again next year as is rather tasty & hits fast, long and hard.  

The Wild Rose's were given a thorough inspection as they are so far behind,  i suppose getting a a high ratio sativa to romp home safe will always be a major struggle outdoors in the UK !     

I found more rot on 3 of them than i liked sadly,  so they are no more.    I chopped all main tops as they seemed to be 50% milky and i simply wasnt prepared to run them any longer as they seemed to be turning bad very quickly, and i only siad yesterday i would let them run but that was before a real close inspection.   

I took all tops and any higher up nuggets,  actually way more in respect of quantity, how dense and way bigger than i gave them credit for.   

I have left the airier stuff to see if they will develop.   I reckon i lost 25% of each plant.   

Sadly this means i will not be running her again UNLESS the sampling of the harvested nuggets  turns out to be something special.

Pics to follow once dry guys & girls.   

Edited by OldFord
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

looks brilliant mate how are the sad autos and what did you end up with dry cured they look really nice tbh thinking of trying them next year

• Like 1