Pics of this years Sweet Seeds Greenhouse Offerings.

OldFord

A few pics of this years Sweet Seeds Greenhouse offerings :)      Just did a bit of re-potting and bug hunting,  no feed just a home brew soil and later feeding will be Richard Jacksons Flower Power as always,  had great results, not had a bad plant yet and with me working away so often i cant keep a regular feeding schedule so the RJ stuff is great as it is great for just watering on.   

All will be placed outside very shortly to make way for a late run of Sweet Seeds fems when they arrive.   

A mixture of fems & autos -   Cream Caramel, Wild Rose, Cream Mandarin,  S.A.D.        A pic of one of the buds from a Somme Anniversary Rose ,  stunning and smells divine.  

large_032.JPGlarge_030.JPGlarge_029.JPGlarge_029.JPGlarge_028.JPGlarge_027.JPGlarge_026.JPGlarge_025.JPGlarge_024.JPGlarge_023.JPGlarge_020.JPGlarge_019.JPGlarge_031.JPG  

• Like 7

• 4 weeks later...

Update on the greenhouse & garden plants from Sweet Seeds.   

large_019.JPG

large_018.JPGlarge_017.JPGlarge_012.JPGlarge_011.JPGlarge_010.JPGlarge_009.JPGlarge_005.JPGlarge_008.JPGlarge_016.JPGlarge_015.JPGlarge_014.JPGlarge_013.JPGlarge_028.JPGlarge_026.JPG

The bushier 2 plants are results of  my 1st go at topping & lst -  A Wild Rose & Cream Caramel.     

The mutants are sadly Auto Cream Mandarin ,  3 went full mutant from seed and 1 died.   I refuse to cull any of the mutants as they normally produce some amazing fruit :) 

The last Auto Mandarin seems very happy although only a few wks old.  

The twins are Auto S.A.D.   both seem happy in the sun.  

• Like 7

Hi buddy!

Thank you very much for sharing photos and your experience with our strains. 

It seems that some have been affected by microscopic mites.

By the way, try to use a soil that doesn't retain as much moisture, or even add a little pearlite. :v:

Sweet smokes,

-Apolo

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Sweet Seeds Apolo said:

Hi buddy!

Thank you very much for sharing photos and your experience with our strains. 

It seems that some have been affected by microscopic mites.

By the way, try to use a soil that doesn't retain as much moisture, or even add a little pearlite. :v:

Sweet smokes,

-Apolo

Hi @Apollo,  The soil was the only stuff i could get during lock down :)    It is Westlands Jack Magic with extra grit for drainage.   

You reckon the Cream Mandarins were attacked by microscopic mites ,  is there a way to combat this for future ?       I had one left in the pack and its doing well at 3wks old now.  

The Wild Rose is awesome !!!    It just grows and grows lol     I have topped it a few times and just keeps getting bigger , wonderful structure and so easy to grow , by far my best plants this year,  and as its now in Last Units i will be grabbing a few packs for later.   

Edited by OldFord
  • Like 3

On 23/6/2020 at 4:25 PM, OldFord said:

Hi @Apollo,  The soil was the only stuff i could get during lock down :)    It is Westlands Jack Magic with extra grit for drainage.   

You reckon the Cream Mandarins were attacked by microscopic mites ,  is there a way to combat this for future ?       I had one left in the pack and its doing well at 3wks old now.  

The Wild Rose is awesome !!!    It just grows and grows lol     I have topped it a few times and just keeps getting bigger , wonderful structure and so easy to grow , by far my best plants this year,  and as its now in Last Units i will be grabbing a few packs for later.   

To treat microscopic mites, you can use natural pyrethrins. 

If you've had this pest before, you need to get your growing area cleaned up. And use the low-dose acaricide as a preventive. :v:

Sweet smokes!
-Apolo

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sweet Seeds Apolo said:

To treat microscopic mites, you can use natural pyrethrins. 

If you've had this pest before, you need to get your growing area cleaned up. And use the low-dose acaricide as a preventive. :v:

Sweet smokes!
-Apolo

Thanks Apolo,    All the pots were steam sterilised prior to use from seedling to final pots.    The inside set up is spotless as i build speakers in the same are and has to be clinically clean. 

My money would be the seedling soil could have been contaminated as this was a real cheap bag !  I knew i should have microwaved it,  you live and learn mate.  

Thanks again.  

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hope these are still going well!

You mentioned Richard Jacksons Flower Power is it good? Looking for a flowering mute that's not one I need go a grow shop for. 

• Like 2

On 15/07/2020 at 4:06 PM, Tomateo.grower said:

Hope these are still going well!

You mentioned Richard Jacksons Flower Power is it good? Looking for a flowering mute that's not one I need go a grow shop for. 

I use it as theres no schedule and i can use it as & when im home and i can use it on the fruit, veg and the lilies.    Go through my pics and judge for yourself mate,  im happy with it.

New pics up now.   

• Like 1

A quick update on this years plants,  been away for a few weeks and sadly all the Auto Cream Mandarins have been eaten by slugs or snails by the looks of it :(    But i will run them again next year as it is rather nice :)    

A huge bonus to working away is getting home and finding out 2 of my Sweet Afghani Delicious are well and truly cooked and will be getting the chop early sunday morning.  :) 

Quite a few pics sorry.   

large_026.JPGlarge_025.JPGlarge_024.JPGlarge_023.JPGlarge_008.JPGlarge_007.JPGlarge_006.JPGlarge_004.JPGlarge_003.JPGlarge_002.JPG

• Like 4

Some more pics  ,  its hard work resizing all these pics lol   this will do it for now and will throw some more up laters. 

large_018.JPGlarge_012.JPGlarge_011.JPGlarge_010.JPGlarge_009.JPGlarge_008.JPGlarge_006.JPGlarge_026.JPGlarge_024.JPGlarge_025.JPG

• Like 5

The Sweet Afghani Delicious autos are down ..... chopping session started in the dark at 5am :)   

A big fat ass Western Winds scooby snack for breakfast just to get the physical motivation & mental stimulation going lol  

Sitting , gnome stylee , on me stool in the middle of the greenhouse with a bit of DnB on the headphones.    

The greenhouse & garden is permeated with a heavy sweet pungent aroma for sure,  the rains bouncing and the smell of pungent indica hanging in the air :) 

3 x Sweet S.A.D. auto's trimmed of any major fan leaves , chopped at the base and hanging upside down in a dark space for a week or so ..... happy days !!!   

Makes the stress and turmoil of outdoors worth it for sure :)      Love it , love it , love it. 

Edited by OldFord
  • Like 5

Excellent work!

I hope you enjoy it. Don't forget to tell us about the smoke, once you have it dried and cured.

Sweet smokes!!

• Like 1

Happy Sunday salutations fellow growers :)     With it being the middle of outdoor grow season and with just having chopped the Sweet Seeds  Sweet Afghani Delicious Autos ..... this has left me with a few spaces in the greenhouse !    So ... i have just filled these spaces with 3 more Sweet Afghani Delicious Autos :):) 

This will be the latest run i have attempted with the auto S.A.D's , being placed in soil this very morning in their final 10L pots in the greenhouse ,  be interesting to see how they go this late in the season !    I have previously done auto Cream Mandarin in the last week of July and those romped home with ease and no sign of mold or rot whatsoever.

Will get pics up shortly,  i had intended to do pics during the re-potting of the S.A.D's but .... i had a toot of the scissor hash & tiny trim from last nights manicuring of the S.A.D's i have just taken down ,  it hits like a train and i couldnt concentrate lol    so the pics never happened lol       

• Like 2

Morning all  , I have been out to tend to the ladies today and must say they are all looking rather well :)   

All i have done today is give a light feed and remove any leaves blocking light from a potential bud spot and any damaged leaves.

The Sweets Wild Rose is just relentless !!   You top it and better top it and it just thrives !   Smells hashy / spicy.

The Sweets Cream Caramel is a real bush :)    Heads all over the place and its only been topped once , very impressed.    Smells strange  , a sweet deep chem / fuel / musky.

The Sweets S.A.D is a big ass bushy dark green girl with huge fan leaves , again i have defoliated anywhere blocking bud sites.   Smells pungent when handled but none as she stands.

The subbies Short Hazy Dayz X Blackberry Bubblegum is filling out very nice, lots of bud sites and forming nicely , only care has been removing partially eaten leaves. 

The fresh batch of Sweets Auto S.A.D's are coming along very nicely at 2wks now, trying to do a double auto harvest by planting out just as the previous lot got chopped , yes i could have started them earlier but i want to tet July planting theories and see how a trio of Sweets S.AD. autos get on being planted in the last week of july.  

The 3 Dinafem Dinamed CBD's are very happy ,  i always take one and light deprive it in the tool shed just to get a jump start and ensure some pain relief as the jars are nearly empty of this wonderful strain as i have been using it quite a bit ,  not bad considering thats been a year now :) 

Pics to follow shortly :)   

• Like 2

Slowly getting there !    

The S.A.D's are getting tall !    The Wild Rose is a cracker, just keeps pushing !   ,  The Cream Caramel is a bush with over a dozen heads and smelling wonderful.  

Some Auto S.A.D's put out to replace the 3 i have just taken down, trying to do 2 runs in one season with July planting of 2nd run ... time will tell ;) 

Some home bred Giant Oriental lilies , home bred for size, colour and most importantly a heavenly pungent aroma that totally masks any of the main plants smell , over a few hundred varieties and the smell is simply divine if a bit overpowering at times , can be smelt a good few hundred yards away on a calm night :)      But i cant smell the weed ;) 

large_036.JPGlarge_037.JPGlarge_038.JPGlarge_039.JPGlarge_034.JPGlarge_033.JPGlarge_032.JPGlarge_032.JPGlarge_031.JPGlarge_030.JPGlarge_029.JPGlarge_029.JPG

• Like 3