Lousy start

Amazonka

I am growing Dinamed CBD Autos and Dinamed Kush CBD Autos. Outdoors.This year is colder than average for this month. I planted in a good time according to the statistical average temp, as well as the 10 day forecast.

The problem is that statistics are not always perfect, and weather forecasts longer than 3 to5 days are not accurate. Well they were way out this year. Once germinated a seed cam't be put back in it's shell.

The Dinamed CBD Auto is doing OK.It is just on 3 weeks and on the 3rd node. The question is: what happened to the Dinamed Kush CBD Auto? Same age, same soil, same germination, same everything except it is minute. A true mini bonsai cannabis plant. It is growing, but oh so slowly. It is 9mm tall after 3 weeks. The 1st leaves are out, but tiny.It's alive, with dark green leaf. And it's growing. It was 8mm high yesterday.

Could the cold have stunted it to this extent? This is my first propper grow, so I have no experience of starting cannabis in the cold.

I did an experimental grow last year with Finola type seeds late in the autumn. Their initial growth was OK, but then stopped growing when the max diurnal temp temp went below 10C.

I'm wondering if this is the reverse, instead of growing and then stopping, this Dinamed Kush CBD Auto stopped when she poked her head above the soil. And now she seems to be suffering from agoraphobia.

I will try the second set of seeds in about 2 weeks time, when it's warmer.

Is there anyone with any suggestions what is happening with her?

• Like 2

Don't know where abouts you are mate but its boiling here its probably just a runt mate maybe start the next lot off on the window sill to give em a bit of a better start

• Like 5

Yes I am starting of the next one.

I'm missing the window sill bit and as soon as it has germinated I'll pop her into the earth.

Hopefully she will be a big beauty making up for this poor little thing.

• Like 2

On 22/05/2020 at 11:04 AM, Amazonka said:

Yes I am starting of the next one.

I'm missing the window sill bit and as soon as it has germinated I'll pop her into the earth.

Hopefully she will be a big beauty making up for this poor little thing.

If it's possible, I would start her indoor for the first 7-10 day's then out into mother nature hands  :yep:

Thank you for documenting your 2020 Dinafem outdoor adventure on UK420  ;)

I'll be along for the ride and watching with interest :headbang:

Good luck  :cheers:

All the best :bong:

Mark..

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

If it's possible, I would start her indoor for the first 7-10 day's then out into mother nature hands  :yep:

Thanks. On second thoughts I will give them a start at the window sill.

I will try and get some pictures up tomorrow.

• Like 1

On 26/05/2020 at 6:08 PM, Amazonka said:

I will try and get some pictures up tomorrow.

I'll keep a look out for it mate  :cheers:

Mark..

• Like 1

I have the next 2 Dinamed autos up sunning themselves.

I have now planted 4 dinameds: 2 Dinamed CBD

• Like 1

I have the next 2 Dinamed autos up out of the ground sunning themselves.

I have now planted 4 Dinameds: 2 Dinamed CBD Auto and 2 Dinamed Kush CBD Auto.

All 4 stuck their heads up above the soil on day 5.

The little mini bonsai Dinamed Kush CBD is still hanging on.

This is her at 1-month-old:

The Dinamed CBD Auto is doing better. She has some yellow leaves because I used water with a pH of  8.0. I thought it was 6.8, but was wrong. My rainwater is 6.8 and this water was rainwater which has stood a while, with algae. The next day I realised what I'd done and flushed it with pH 6.2 water. The leaves that have grown subsequently are OK, but the ones that were shocked that day seem permanently affected.

This is also 1-month-old.

The 2 new ones are now 6-days-old and the Dinamed Kush CBD Auto has the 3rd leaf growing.

• Like 1

When I was posting the pictures appeared to have been copied, but they are not here now.

I don't know what went wrong.

• Like 1

Trying again..

1-month-old Dinamed Kush CBD Auto:

1-month-old Dinamed CBD Auto:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Amazonka said:

Trying again..

1-month-old Dinamed Kush CBD Auto:

1-month-old Dinamed CBD Auto:

They need to be under a certain size then uploaded to an album on here and then you can upload by clicking the “insert other media” tab 

Use webresizer and choose their bulk option and upload photos to there to resize them smaller and save them to your device and they’ll be small enough to upload to your album on here 

21 hours ago, Jack010 said:

They need to be under a certain size then uploaded to an album on here and then you can upload by clicking the “insert other media” tab

Thanks, I'll now try again.

• Like 1

Right. Lets see if goes this time around.

I have the next 2 Dinamed autos up out of the ground sunning themselves.

I have now planted 4 Dinameds: 2 Dinamed CBD Auto and 2 Dinamed Kush CBD Auto.

All 4 stuck their heads up above the soil on day 5.

The little mini bonsai Dinamed Kush CBD is still hanging on.

This is her at 1-month-old:

large.DMKCA_day_29.jpg

The Dinamed CBD Auto is doing better. She has some yellow leaves because I used water with a pH of  8.0. I thought it was 6.8, but was wrong. My rainwater is 6.8 and this water was rainwater which has stood a while, with algae. The next day I realised what I'd done and flushed it with pH 6.2 water. The leaves that have grown subsequently are OK, but the ones that were shocked that day seem permanently affected.

large.DMCA_day_29.jpg

This is also 1-month-old.

The 2 new ones are now 6-days-old and the Dinamed Kush CBD Auto has the 3rd leaf growing.

What I am learning from this grow is that it is good to read up and be prepared, but the only way to really learn is to actually grow the babies. They are teaching me.

• Like 3

@Amazonka Cool to see you've got the picture upload sorted :yep:

Now we can see what's going on  ;)

Looks good from my end mate :cheers:

Mark..

• Like 1

The second Dinamed Kush CBD Auto, that germinated and stuck her head up out of the ground in 5 days, is now going strong.

Here she is on day 10:

large.DKCA_day10.jpg.6f5ef878e0cabb44511b0c54d785cf44.jpg

She is there in the center, growing among Agrimony (Agrimonia eupatoria) which is quite a good camouflage, at least before the final stretch.

• Like 2