Getting over a hangover

Malificent

3 hours ago, Boojum said:

A ciggy is a ciggy (even if it's an ecig). It's all about the nicotine. Which is addictive.

A spliff is a spliff, it's all about the THC, CBD and all the other lovely cannabinoids and terpenes and stuff :) Which aren't addictive.

A spliff of mixed weed and tobacco is all about the weed PLUS the nicotine, all together. And half an hour later you need another one. No matter how much weed you put in the mixed spliff (we've all done it - let's roll a REALLY strong one, shaped like a trumpet, but with baccy in it). You still want another one half an hour later...

Your absolutely right, but I no if I smoked weed pure I would prob smoke roll ups through the day too..I guess what's happening with me is I am already addicted to nicotine been a smoker 38 yrs..  been smoking weed for 35 yrs.. so now I'm stuck in that habbit of them going hand in hand.. I think for me to get the benefit of what you guys are saying I would have to quit the roll ups  first..  now that's no easy task, for some yes for me sadly no :(

Edited by Revive

Indica or sativa...

High as a kite - Sativa then innit.

Couchlock stoned - Indica then innit.

Except it isn't.

31 minutes ago, Boojum said:

Indica or sativa...

High as a kite - Sativa then innit.

Couchlock stoned - Indica then innit.

Except it isn't.

Generally speaking I guess few sativa plants have a sedative type effect ,like UK cheese but sometimes a full indica can have a very cerebral feel ,as they say on seed packs .

I stopped smoking tobacco a few months ago and it's tricky stuff .Every now and then I feel I'd like a good hash smoke with some tobacco .Just for the fix of it ,I'd like that once in a while but have abstained and punished myself ,or helped myself ,whichever way . 

I suppose these days early houses aren't as public,common or even as many in existence . That's a hangover right ,sick from liquor and feeling wobbly ? The cure ,a little lapse into sobriety after waking up ,and back on the high stool after breakfast ,or for breakfast .I remember as a child my uncle supposed to be at church and looking after me ,and we'd be in this dingy pub with down and outs ,some very clever people too but everyone depressed ,the surrounds depressing and sure the stout was probably awful .The cure . You could bring a child into a pub ,on a Sunday morning ,25-30 years ago . You probably still can , I don't know . I have sometimes blamed beer for being ill ,but the packet of crisps didn't help .I've given up crisps at least ,and haven't vomited in quite a while ! 

Edited by Michael Luchóg

6 hours ago, Malificent said:

Interesting.  I will certainly do that.

Although, I have to ask, - how will the weed last longer?  My brain can't get my hand around that logic :D:D 

You need less. best thing I ever did was pack up smoking tobacco, I urge you to try to stop too. There is a transition period where you sometimes smoke joints with bacci in even though you don't smoke fags, makes you dizzy and spinning for a minute or two! that passes and eventually you will be able to have like a one skinner pure. At first it's strange, it feels "lighter" if that make sense. but eventually it levels out.

I'm like you mate, it effects me for a day or two after, I make mistakes at work and feel woozy. I just grow out a few autos once a year and keep it stashed for later use through the winter.

• Like 1

Spin-outs is booze lol

Drunk ?

Have another cigarette.

Then the world really starts spinning :puke:

Make it stop lol

Nicoteen is insidious...smoke weed pure, or better still vape it and you'll never feel a hangover IMHO. Its already been said, but youre probably addicted to nicoteen. Ive never been so high since I quit tobacco 7 years ago. I could chain smoke massive joints, with 1 or 2 grams, with tobacco all night, and never seemed to get really smashed...after 2 weeks of no nicoteen I was smoking 3 tokes for the night. Nicoteen is a stimulant, and a heavy duty badboy at that. If you have a heart attack, you get adrenaline and pure nicoteen to restart your heart injected...That kinda kills the buzz from the off.

• Like 1

Just to add.  That I don't "smoke".  I have never been a "smoker".  I never smoke anything at any other time, - cigarettes/rollups I think are horrible.

So that said, I dont think I'll find it hard to move over to pure weed.

I wonder whether vaping will give me that same pleasure of holding a spliff and having a good drag - that in itself I find relaxing.  One step at a time, I'll do the pure weed route first.

Again - thank you everyone for your thoughts - really interesting replies, cheers :D

@MalificentVaping is a diffeernt animal, when you first vape you will wonder whats going on as you expect clouds and full lungs...that varies with your vape. But generally speaking its a lighter way to smoke. Also you get far higher than you ever got with smoking a joint. you get the full spectrum of the weed, no burn off, most vapes top off at about 400f ish, give or take. Hotter is pointless as youre burning off oils etc pointlessly, not releasing them. Also your lungs burn at 600 degrees, the average joint toke is 1200... 400 degrees, is proper cool, and youre really just inhaling pure oil/thc/cbd etc suspended in vapour...

When you get it dialled with your pack and temp preferences youll wonder why you ever smoked a spliff, you do go through more weed though, because its so damn nice!

I use a portable as Im an active toker, I dont smoke in the house, just at the garage door, but mainly when Im out and about, biking, dog walking and running about generally... I spent the money straight off the bat with a davinci iq, 1st gen. Never looked back. I got a pax2 and a divinci miqro as well, and use them all for various things. IQ for the nearest thing I get to a sesh, gets hot for clouds and delivers a throat rasp that gives you the thought of a joint. My favourite. Pax2 for travel, heats quick, smaller, good battery and good size chamber - more gentle toke, less cloudy but wholsome enough for convenience and tasty...when Im busy I use the miqro and it works like a one hitter, small chamber, one good toke maybe, but its terpy and sweet, the smaller chamber changes the heat process i think, cause I use similar temps across the board with all of them and they all behace very differently with the weed...

If you persevere with a good vape youll never smoke a joint again....almost. I still roll a fatty every now and again for the ceremony of a joint, and I like it as a change about, but usually with less fragrant or terpy material when its not missed in the vape. I dont think you get the taste of the weed or the smells and flavours wholly if you burn it, those are the low temp oils that burn straight off as set it alight.

Low temp vaping is just a complete flavour fest...

• Like 1