Getting over a hangover

Malificent

Hello! Wondering if anyone can help.  I smoke occasionally - basically, I binge.  I have a pretty busy life and can't operate properly for the days surrounding a smoke.  I really enjoy it though - it really relaxed me, and makes me feel that it's okay to do nothing (most of the time i have a nagging voice in my head telling me that I should be getting on with something).

Anyway.  My question is, do you know a quick way to get over a hangover.  After a few days of smoking, it takes me usually 72 hours to feel normal again.  I exercise, sleep, take ZMA before bed... - but it still takes 3 days to get over it.  More importantly, I feel somewhat depressed during this stage.  I crave another smoke and start to feel down.  3-4 days after stopping I feel much happier and back to my normal self.  

Thanks for any help

That doesn't sound much fun.

If I've had a sustained period of caning it, I find when I fancy one and go to roll it and have to catch myself, if enforcing a break, but it's not a significant mood shift more habitual reflex (I do little and often rather than big fat ones).... I might get a bit more ratty, but I can get like that round annoying twats at the best of times. 

• Like 1

I never get a hangover on weed, guess cause i never stop smoking it lol but I must say a function exactly the same with or without.. I will go as far to say when I smoke when working I'm much more motivated.. we are all diff I suppose.

hair of the hound sounds about right ;)

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, SkullDuggery said:

Do you smoke it with tobacco?

Yes I do, Golden Leaf, and a fair amount of it too.  I actually enjoy the act of smoking it, and usiong tobacco makes it last longer and weakens it to my taste.

Very interested to know why you ask?

34 minutes ago, SkullDuggery said:

Do you smoke it with tobacco?

Would be my question too. Never had a weed 'hangover' (had far too many booze ones, though :headpain: ), but the craving another joint that you mentioned is summat I used to get when I smoked spliffs of weed mixed with baccy. Since I switched to smoking pure weed joints I just don't get that. I don't get that 'I NEED a joint' feeling. I may fancy another joint, I may not, but even if I do I don't NEED one.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Malificent said:

Yes I do, Golden Leaf, and a fair amount of it too.  I actually enjoy the act of smoking it, and usiong tobacco makes it last longer and weakens it to my taste.

if you binge why weaken it? i would ditch the baccy (i quit 8 years ago) and your weed will last even longer, trust me :)

Edited by ratdog
  • Like 4

Interesting.  I will certainly do that.

Although, I have to ask, - how will the weed last longer?  My brain can't get my hand around that logic :D:D 

45 minutes ago, Malificent said:

I used to feel similarly groggy etc when I smoked joints mixed with baccy. Since switching to vaping I can consume as much as I like and don’t feel ropey the next day.

I drink a fair amount of water when I first wake up which also helps.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Malificent said:

Although, I have to ask, - how will the weed last longer?  My brain can't get my hand around that logic :D:D 

In addition to my previous post, I'm still a nicotine addict, I just use an ecig now for my nicotine hit. But I started smoking pure weed joints before I switched to an ecig, while I was still smoking roll-ups and the same applied. You can smoke a pure weed spliff. Then a bit later smoke a roll-up (American friends I had, that never put baccy in spliffs - I think it was a British thing cos those of my generation mostly grew up smoking resin, which you crumble on baccy if you want to smoke it as a joint, used to call it the 'after toke smoke'). But if you mix it together in a spliff, the baccy and the weed, and smoke it at the same time IMHO (I dunno the chemistry lol ) it changes it, and that nicotine+weed at the same time amalgamation is what you crave. That's the 'NEED'.

As far as it lasting longer goes, I smoke less of my weed skinning up pure weed spliffs than I did skinning up weed/baccy spliffs with much less weed in them. Cos I smoke fewer of them. Cos less gets me more stoned. Cos sometimes I can just take a couple of tokes to get a nice buzz on then put the spliff in the ashtray, to come back to later if I fancy. It's about not having that compulsion to have another one, you end up smoking less ;)

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 2

Give this a go. Next time you're gonna roll a double skinner, with baccy, instead roll a single skinnner just with the weed you'd have put in the double skinner. I think you'll be just as stoned after you've smoked it (maybe more so, I think pure weed gives a better kind of stoned :) ), you can smoke a roll-up a bit later if you need a nicotine hit (and that will kinda refresh the stone from the spliff) and I don't think you'll be craving another one (NEEDING another one) half an hour later ;)

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Malificent said:

because the hit you are chasing after the first joint is the nicotine, and not only is it better to be baccy free for obvious reasons, the high is much better

• Like 1

Honestly dude, most people who have smoked weed with baccy and now just smoke pure weed will tell you that you smoke less :) It seems counter intuitive but it really is true. Most would also tell you it's a nicer kind of stoned :) Maybe one that doesn't cause a hangover :unsure:

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 5