Air stone cycling, all the time or on off?

sterling-archer

Just now, sterling-archer said:

You could look at the band 2 ways i guess , was the base of the stone fully restricted until you elevated it a tad? Or was it still working? 

So maybe nothing lost or gained near enough with the band , or better a tad surface area wise lol

And that is a bloody good point i totally missed out Thank you 

i used thsoe rubber bands you get on fresh asparagus from most of the supermarkets

purple they are and used 2 per 1 stone

only did it as had a visitor coming and knew we will sit in the living room so wanted this to get sorted

eventually little music playing in the background will sort this out -or unplug the stone for time being if it bothers you and it may rise question(what  is the noise)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, joba said:

i used thsoe rubber bands you get on fresh asparagus from most of the supermarkets

purple they are and used 2 per 1 stone

only did it as had a visitor coming and knew we will sit in the living room so wanted this to get sorted

eventually little music playing in the background will sort this out -or unplug the stone for time being if it bothers you and it may rise question(what  is the noise)

Our house is quite new... So completely rubbish as expected build wise lol

Noise resonates easily to downstairs sadly so it all helps

• Like 1

I put my pump on a big yellow car wash sponge, 0 noise when the doors shut lol

I use 2 airstones in my Wilma, I tried a pump to move the water around but it broke after a couple weeks so now I just give it a little stir every other day and leave the stones to it, not had an issue with this yet. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, sterling-archer said:

And any tips how to quieten down air pumps. I can always hear mine through the ceiling down stairs despite it having the little rubber feet...more rubber? 

The air pumps that I've got (cheap nearly new ones) was making a god awful noise so I open them up and noticed the motors inside was slightly loose where it slides into the housing unit, so I got my glue gun and where it slid in I just give it a small blob of glue to secure it in place, made it a lot better and didn't effect anything other than stopping the noise. Plus could always put some foam under the pump?

Hope that helps :bong:

• 2 weeks later...

what pump, i got a big blue hailea and its very quiet its the hailea v 60, it shift so much air but not much noise at all...