Making Hash straight after harvest

SkinJim

I currently have a guerrilla grow going atm and I never gave much thought about how I am going to dry my product, since I can't dry it indoors I thought I could just do it outside but after some reading it turns out that I would lose quite a bit of product if not all of it to mould. Then someone suggested to me that I should just make some bubble hash or something. But I can't find anywhere on the net where people have used fresh bud for hash making (apart from charas), I've seen a few threads from various sites where people have used fresh trimmings to make hash with great results, though they all seem to say the same thing, "it's better quality but less quantity". And now I am down for quality over quantity any day. I plan on using bubble bags to make the hash.

Have any of you tried making hash from fresh flower?

and I don't mean fresh frozen, I mean literally fresh. And I don't want to sound rude or demanding but I don't need to hear/read your results on fresh frozen flower/trimmings on making hash as there is more than enough information on this website about that. I also am unable to freeze my flowers before turning it into hash.

I'd be grateful for any input.

• Like 4

I run mine from frozen, but the only reason is I dry trim, so i don't get access to live trim.  If i was still wet trimming, all day long I would certainly be using my wet trim fresh for hash.  Good friend of mine does just this, he also insists it's far nicer and the added bonus you can be smoking the hash while your plants are still drying :)  If you're still in doubt, could always just do half wet and half dry and see what you think of each result? 

This is my mates work, from fresh. lovely stuff.

large.bubble.jpg

• Like 6

Fresh frozen is fairly common, it preserves the terpines much better and gives a lighter colour hash. If you’re growing outside it makes sense :yep:

• Like 3

Check out this dude on utube frenchy cannoli his videos will show you all you need to know. I’m gonna have a go at making some in the near future I’ve got lots of fresh frozen lower buds and then a bag of dried trim/smaller buds so will have a good side by side comparison when I’m done.  

• Like 3

Yep another fresh frozen ISO hash maker here. 

I like it because I can sample virtually straight away. :naughty:

• Like 1

I'm smoking hash right now I ran from live flowers. Tbh it's not my preferred method, but i do it occasionally when I'm in a hurry for something to smoke.

The water content/size of the fresh flowers means you can't run much, so doing a whole crop would be a lot of work, and it's near impossible to avoid a bit of chlorophyll contamination on later runs. The resin is delicious though.

• Like 2

Never tried and now I manicure the bud dry because wet trimming creates a smell which leaves you nose blind. Trim for a few hours and you will wear there is no smell until you open the door and some officer disagrees.

When I did trim wet I'd always enjoy the scissor hash.

I do enjoy the hash from the manicuring more than the bud. 

Hopefully I can afford a hydraulic press and be taking that rosin for a test drive.

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, MyDisplayName2000 said:

Hopefully I can afford a hydraulic press and be taking that rosin for a test drive.

This has been my thought for at least the past year now, I can't wait til i join the rosin club :)

• Like 1

I dunno if you can make bubble without ice, which is what i think you're asking. Keep in mind you can dry the stuff as fast as you want since your just gonna hash it. If you put a decent fan blowing directly on your bud it might dry enough in a day or two. Mould doesn't like air movement as well. Most people slow dry to break down the chlorophyll, and that's why it can mould. Just quick dry it instead.

• Like 3

Rosin press won't work on fresh wet harvest bud. I tried. It just sizzles in all the water squeezed out.

Instead of worrying how people will be rude and not solve you're problem for you that is extremely unorthodox and clearly piss poor planning, why not just buy some dry ice to help you process it in the more traditional way so society doesn't have to be burden with solving your problems. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, SkinJim said:

and I don't mean fresh frozen, I mean literally fresh. And I don't want to sound rude or demanding but I don't need to hear/read your results on fresh frozen flower/trimmings on making hash as there is more than enough information on this website about that. I also am unable to freeze my flowers before turning it into hash.

Why do you think there's so much info on using fresh frozen flower/trim? :doh:

Good luck. 

17 hours ago, SkinJim said:

Have any of you tried making hash from fresh flower?

17 hours ago, SkinJim said:

I don't need to hear/read your results on fresh frozen flower/trimmings on making hash

Didn't notice this, what exactly is it that you're asking? You want to know if we've made bubble hash, but you don't want to know how we made bubble hash ??

Fuckit, I'ma go smoke some bubble for brekkie, maybe this might make more sense once i'm baked lol 

• Like 3

@unity @PureSmkr @Auto gorilla @stoned_ape @Bubbles Depot @MyDisplayName2000 @FigmentofFig @Redeyezman Cheers for all your input I really appreciate it :yep:

On 01/05/2020 at 8:34 PM, Bubbles Depot said:

I'm smoking hash right now I ran from live flowers. Tbh it's not my preferred method, but i do it occasionally when I'm in a hurry for something to smoke.

The water content/size of the fresh flowers means you can't run much, so doing a whole crop would be a lot of work, and it's near impossible to avoid a bit of chlorophyll contamination on later runs. The resin is delicious though.

Okay that sounds a bit promising, thanks and tbh I think it's hard to avoid a bit of chlorophyll (If you're in my position where you still buy weed & don't grow your own) as a lot of people still wet trim their buds. 

On 02/05/2020 at 3:57 AM, FigmentofFig said:

I dunno if you can make bubble without ice, which is what i think you're asking. Keep in mind you can dry the stuff as fast as you want since your just gonna hash it. If you put a decent fan blowing directly on your bud it might dry enough in a day or two. Mould doesn't like air movement as well. Most people slow dry to break down the chlorophyll, and that's why it can mould. Just quick dry it instead.

Sorry that's my mistake, I am planning on using ice, hopefully dry ice. If I am going to dry it it'll be outdoors maybe closer to harvest time I'll have some things sorted where I can hook up a fan outside if that'll help, although the mornings may be a bit tricky with dampness n all.

On 02/05/2020 at 4:17 AM, Redeyezman said:

Instead of worrying how people will be rude and not solve you're problem for you that is extremely unorthodox and clearly piss poor planning, why not just buy some dry ice to help you process it in the more traditional way so society doesn't have to be burden with solving your problems. 

I'm not worried if people will be rude like yourself I myself am trying not to seem rude. Also that's a good point with the dry ice, I was planning on using ice and/or dry ice anyway I had forgot to mention that, my mistake :wallbash:.

And another thing I'm not burdening society with my problems, I laid out a problem that I have and if any individual cares to share advice or their knowledge that would be super. You chose to make a comment, I didn't enforce this upon you or anyone, people are free to come by and give their two cents or not, that's fine. 

On 02/05/2020 at 8:42 AM, stoned_ape said:

Why do you think there's so much info on using fresh frozen flower/trim? :doh:

Good luck. 

Simply because you can find many threads across all sorts of forums (even YT videos) about how to make hash, the type of product they use is either dried trimmings with some dried bud(mostly the buds from the lower branches) or they just solely use dry trimmings, and then there's some people that freeze their fresh buds/ trimmings  and go from there. There's also some people that will use fresh trimmings but I can't seem to find anyone mentioning fresh buds just fresh frozen.

22 hours ago, unity said:

Didn't notice this, what exactly is it that you're asking? You want to know if we've made bubble hash, but you don't want to know how we made bubble hash ??

Fuckit, I'ma go smoke some bubble for brekkie, maybe this might make more sense once i'm baked lol 

Sorry if I wasn't clearer man lol. I am asking if anyone has made hash from freshly harvested buds? I've read and watched videos of people doing it with fresh frozen but not straight up fresh. Obviously it's doable, I'm just interested if anyone has done it, and what is it like in terms of outcome weight, quality etc etc ... Again I am sorry if I wasn't clearer :smokin:

• Like 2

I'm still not clear on what you need to know TBH. 

Yes, people make hash from fresh bud/trim. 

All the info you need is in the hash making section. 

35 minutes ago, SkinJim said:

I've read and watched videos of people doing it with fresh frozen but not straight up fresh

You need it cold to freeze the trichomes, this helps them to seperate from the leaf matter.  Most would freeze material prior to a hash run just to get temps down, albeit fresh or dry.

38 minutes ago, SkinJim said:

I'm just interested if anyone has done it

See my pikkie above....

• Like 2