Diluting Chempak nutes -?

KayDog

I don't know where to start. 

As most people know, money is fucking tight. I'm giving some very serious thoughts on using Chempak simply because I can't afford dedicated nutes. 

So, say for example, Canna might offer their A & B at something like 5/6/7 (a guess, but low numbers) and Chempak have it at 20/20/20 (I know there's a range) - how do I balance out the high numbers into lower numbers more suited to frequent fertigation for cannabis plants *please *? 

I think there might have been an answer here before but I just couldn't understand it. 

It didn't seem to be as simple as just diluting it but I just wasn't sure. 

Thanks in advance. 

Stay safe. 

Just buy the 2 you need I think it's chempak #8 and #12 you want but I might be wrong

I think @MK11 uses them so will know better or @Amarillo slim pretty sure he uses chempak too.

One of them will steer you right :yep:

Atb :yinyang:

• Like 2

Correction it's #2 is the high N nute (vegetation) npk 25-15-15

And #4 is high Potash (flowering food)

Npk-15-30-30

I think that's right :yep:

Atb :yinyang:

Edited by Dodgee
  • Like 4

Chempak No.2 for veg and Chempack No.4 for flower. Im using it atm but I take an EC reading to get the target my plants want. If I was to order more I would try Chempak® Fully Balanced Feed - Formula 3 for veg as I reckon No.2 needs added calcium and magnesium.

Toke...

• Like 7

No2 for veg, no 8 for flower. Quarter strength if feeding every water.  

Can use 3 for intermediate, but not needed and can make similar by mixing the 2 and 8 if desired.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Amarillo slim said:

No2 for veg, no 8 for flower. Quarter strength if feeding every water.  

Perhaps I am over generous at 1/3 strength!

What is your position on the chempak effect on flavour and burnability?

• Like 1

Ive used 2 for veg and 8 for flower with good results.

I mixed it half strength (1 scoop to 5 ltrs)

The ec was 1.3 with my tap water if i rember right.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Absurdist said:

Absolutly the same as any other chemical fertiliser.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Absurdist said:

Obviously it should be taken into account that every cultivar and individual has different requirements, as well as each environment, for instance un-buffered coco generally needing less K and possibly more Mg and Ca and so on...  

1/3 - 1/4 isn't a huge difference, lot of time I just do by eye when doing smaller amounts...  But yeah I mostly don't go near the full amount (that is recommended for every two weeks) and do quarter  (that they recommend for frequent watering) I rarely find the need to increase or decrease - which isn't to say that I may not have potentially yielded better/worse for doing so - maybe 1/3 is better for certain plants / environments..?  No one size fits all, just what Ive found works well for me over the years...  

1 hour ago, Absurdist said:

Its been about 6 years since I last smoked so take my opinion with a pinch of salt (no pun intended),  but I made the change to chempack from 'canna specific nutes' before that ; the main difference I noticed was better plant health for a a fraction of the cost...  Most hydro-shop type nutes are all just the same salts in fancy packaging etc, obviously every plant has an ideal nutrient requirement but Ive personally found chempack 2 and 8 give great results, withouth any additions, 'boosters' or whatever.  I actually have full range of a cannabis nutrient company sat in my kitchen, its there, free, Im still using chempack. Just ordered few more boxes actually.  

• Like 4