Growing autos alongside photos

My first grow

Hi guys 

im fairly new to growing but already found myself getting caught up in the excitement of what’s changed today. 

i started with 2 auto flower seeds. I was then donated some photo clones from a friend. 

I have everything in a 1.2m x 1.2m x 2m tent under a 400w mh bulb for now. 

my question is. Should I keep the 18/6 light cycle going until the autos finish & then flip to 12/12? Or do I flip when photos are ready & let the autos finish off & suffer a little? 

thanks

chops

Not an indoor grower , but autos couldn't care less. How many/big are your clones ? If you have room veg long , if not flip ?  

I was given 4 but lost 1. They’re only 2-3 inches just now. Seeds broke ground 7 days ago.

i assume they will be out of control by the time autos are finished. 

ive got photos and autos growing along side each other, had them on 18/6 and i flipped to 12/12 when my photos showed preflowers, they should all hopefully finish up about the same time. not bothered if i lose a little on the auto yeild due to them being on 12/12

Is this the first you’ve done this or do you have an idea as to how much it’s going to drop the auto yield by? 

do you have a rough expectation on dry weight on autos? 

It's not negativity is it though? That is the course of action I would take you have the clones they are superior so why neglect them to develop 2 less potent less tasty plants? Just my opinion but il keep it to myself next time. Crack on :yinyang:

11 hours ago, My first grow said:

Is this the first you’ve done this or do you have an idea as to how much it’s going to drop the auto yield by? 

do you have a rough expectation on dry weight on autos? 

First time popping autos and photos together, Forgot that the autos were actually autos lol

Probably not going to lose a whole lot from the autos probably a few grams on each auto ive literally no idea though.

BTW do you know what strains they are?

Edited by Punk#1

I have 1 afghan skunk & 1 utopia haze

thing is I’ve not grown in Atleast 12 years so it’s all new to me. Hopefully just run through it & all will go well. 

thanks mate 

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, My first grow said:

I have 1 afghan skunk & 1 utopia haze

thing is I’ve not grown in Atleast 12 years so it’s all new to me. Hopefully just run through it & all will go well. 

thanks 

l have had little experience(of your situation) but autos have not done well under 12/12 In my grows,though 'done well' is subjective....good luck,whatever you do mate

I’d stick them on 24/0 with a 600w and flip when the photos are ready to flip, the autos will appreciate the 24/0. 

if you can control the heat I’d stick up to 1000w of light in that tent, I’ve ran 600 and a 250 in one and it worked great