Shitty cupboard set up

ExGerminate

get a basin and an old towel. wet the towel and put it in the basin on the floor, this will increase your humidity. 

Humidity levels are important in veg, aim for about 50-60%

Yeah, and get a proper door of some sort. 

otherwise its looking good. 

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 3

Hi there @ExGerminate You're on the right path i say looking at the room. My space is a walk-in wadrobe, only 3ft x 3ft x 7ft though but has 3 brick walls and a door so like your cupboard i suppose and been growing 10 years in there now with every grow being a success.

One thing is, you will need a proper door which seals, does not have to be airtight but definitely lightproof. Surely you can just put a door on which shuts? Using a tarp would be impossible to mantain negative pressure which is vital to prevent smell leaks. Believe me even one plant will stink the property and beyond out! Not to mention light leaks.

You will ideally need some sort of controller to regulate the intake and exhaust fan, of course you can get a lower speed intake fan and run them both at full pelt but that will cause unwanted noise and besides there is no need for that amount of air exchange, its then harder to mantain correct temps at light on/off.

What are you growing?

All the best. :yep:

• Like 3

Just to add here i completely disagree about putting wet towels in there etc to raise RH, potential mold issues in future, wet walls and so on and don't really add much anyhow. And yes i have tried it all many years ago when i started growing until i learned the key is to get the air exchange rate down when they are young in veg. When the plants get bigger and in bigger pots you will soon see the RH rise and then you can turn the fans up. Humidifires are a better way but not needed in my opinion.

• Like 1

I do like a good Haze, especially Amnesia :yep:

Can i ask what size and type of light you are using for veg and flower? Whats the plan for final pot size?

All the best.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Amnesia said:

I do like a good Haze, especially Amnesia :yep:

Can i ask what size and type of light you are using for veg and flower? Whats the plan for final pot size?

All the best.

I plan on keeping her small and compact because she's an auto flower and I'm not really looking for a massive plant with massive yields so i'm not going to up the pot size past 3.5 litres. I'm Using a dimmable 600w HPS dual spectrum for veg and flower

I love a good grow cupboard, especially hidden ones. I wouldn't have a tent as they are so obvious. Would get a better door, if I leave my door open a bit in late flower for a bit smell gets out quickly. I don't think tarpaulin would maintain negative pressure, which is basically a fancy word for all outgoing air going through carbon filter. It looks like you have a big kink in your ducting, you might want to staighten it out as it will improve efficiency of fan.

• Like 1