Do you smoke weed in the house?

When we had the kids we stopped smoking weed in the house, and I always used to go out in the back garden for a smoke. Then a couple of years ago when we bought a house, I started smoking weed in my office (which is in the loft). I always shut the door, open all the windows wide etc. Then last year during the winter, I got sick of being banished to the office, or the garden to do something that is supposed to relaxing, when all I wanted to do was blaze a fat one on the sofa in front a movie (OK, Mastermind, but whatever). So I said to the missus that I didn't think it was right that we work our whole lives to pay for a house I cant even smoke a fucking spliff on the sofa on. We both agreed that, indeed, that seemed pretty fucking stupid of a rule to impose on ourselves :)  So since then I've been blazing in the evening in the front room once the kids are down. I still keep the windows open, and I've found that there really is no smell the next day. I smoke pures, so no tobacco smell, and the weed smell doens't seem to linger if the windows are open. We also usually just have one, and if I want more when she goes to bed i'll go to my office and smoke and play my bass or something. The only thing my missus doesnt want is a weed-smelling house, which is fair enough.

What are your weed-smoking rules? 

• Like 1

I smoke standing on the decking, unless it's one of the 2 nights my little boy stays with his birth giver, then I blaze in my pants on the sofa. If you have kids in the house IMO you shouldn't smoke with them in the house.

• Like 4

i'd love to be perfect but alas my mental wont allow it, I was quite irresponsible the way I smoked cannabis in front of my kids, the grandchildren grew up quite used to my grow and got into their teens before the found out what I was growing, great grandkids look at at my plants now and then is just my normal its just who I am

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, lemoore00 said:

What are your weed-smoking rules? 

No combustion, only vape in the house.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, monkeypig said:

I smoke standing on the decking, unless it's one of the 2 nights my little boy stays with his birth giver, then I blaze in my pants on the sofa. If you have kids in the house IMO you shouldn't smoke with them in the house.

Is that because of the smell?

I smoke in the house, with an air purifier on the go. It's got a timer, there's absolutely no lingering smell the following morning.

Tip: if you're buying one make sure you can get  replacement filters for it , not  as easy as it should be.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lemoore00 said:

Is that because of the smell?

Because children shouldn't be exposed to our second hand smoke in a house, car or any enclosed space.

• Like 6

i smoke like a chimney once wife and son gone to bed ..never when they are in the same room .and yes i have filters and air purification in the room ..

• Like 2

I've got an open fire and if I lie on the floor and smoke in the fire place all the smoke goes up the chimney and have zero smell in the living room.

Works a treat 

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, monkeypig said:

Because children shouldn't be exposed to our second hand smoke in a house, car or any enclosed space.

Define "exposed". 

me and my brothers were allowed to smoke in the house while still at school, thinking about it nowadays my poor mum in a small room with closed doors in the bad winters during the 1950's with 4 of us smoking but was never signs of it harming her, the only bad thing I was told as a kid was cigs stunted our growth but my dad smoked like a chimney he was over 6ft 4in. is unbelievable how brown the walls and ceiling became because of smoking. I smoked cigs with my kids in the room but was over 40 years ago was still no warnings about it and it was in that era I switched to joints, just single skinners till I quit tabac 25 years ago

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, lemoore00 said:

Define "exposed". 

Don't be a plonker, you know exactly what exposed means. Don't smoke in an enclosed space that children are in. This means if your kids are in the house you shouldn't smoke without proper air management in place.

But it's your kids, your choice.

• Like 1

Two floors away and with the window open behind me doesn't count as exposure in my book. Same room etc, sure, totally agree. We just disagree on what counts as exposure...