Billys Highland fling part 2

Hello hello, my fresh faced outdoor naturalists (or naturists- whatever floats your boat, but watch out for the ticks) 

First up for this years diaries and im in.

The eagle has landed, in the form of an envelope from Spainlarge_105.JPG

These are going outdoors in a couple of months and I shall pray for a long hot summer.

Im at latitude 57, just shy of the arctic circle lol. 

I am using the same plots as last year, but im thinking about topping up the soil holes with some new stuff, cos I need the exercise.

I will update once ive managed to get out there and check the sites, with a couple of pics. 

One of my sites is a bit flooded, in one area, it was the same last year, so im gonna avoid that part and dig some more holes.

Should be good, buckle up for some mad adventures. 

• Like 10

Good luck mate lat 57 will be interesting for sure I'm in.

I'm putting pineapple skunk x the new out see if it can make it but only the 1.

• Like 3

@badbillybob Your an eager beaver mate ;)

Fingers crossed for a better outdoor season than 2019 :yep:

Be interesting to see how The New by Sherbinski fairs at that latitude  ;)

Good luck buddy  :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark.. 

• Like 8

Will be interesting to see this grow, especially how "the new" will perform.  I certainly don't envy your latitude.  Wish you a good season! :v:

• Like 3

Good luck @badbillybob 57lat will be a good challenge for these. I will start my diary in the next few weeks. I am at 55lat on the north east coast. Good to see how plant's do at the higher lats. All these southern growers wouldn't know what hit them if they had to grow up here. Anyway not being competitive hope you grow some killer bud up their. :v:

• Like 5

cheers mate, yeah its a bit of a challenge, especially photos , but ill give it a try, just like previous years.

the one year I never tried it was a scorching hot summer, was a bit hacked off about that, but the law of averages says we should be due a decent one soon.

Good luck at lat 55, you should get less rain etc than the west coast at least, so hopefully they fly for you man.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

yeah it is nice, I did ne indoors last year, it was tasty gear.

ive finally got round to soaking these. large_100.JPG

plots are the same ones I used last year, ive not had a chance to do anything with the lockdown. I did go for some soil yesterday, but the store was sold out, all it had was bl**dy miracle  grow, so I left it.

if they get some in stiock I will go back and stock up, and do the Bergen rumble again.

im just hoping for decent weather and a hot October November, so they don't succumb to rot.

time will tell

• Like 5

On 14/05/2020 at 0:30 PM, badbillybob said:

ive finally got round to soaking these. 

And it's officially started  :yep:

Game on  :headbang:

Kind regards :bong:

Mark..

well so far we have had 100% germination, great stuff. 

However im running out of room, so these are gonna have to go outdoors soon, like "next week"soon.

unless I get the big room re-set up.

ive been trying to get some more soil to top up the plot sites with, but been unsuccessful thanks to covid etc. 

I will simply have to hope the existing soil is ok. 

it should be it grew weed last year eh?

Anyway here they are, only a few days out of the ground

the new on the left, ogkz on rightlarge_100.JPG

• Like 4

1 hour ago, badbillybob said:

well so far we have had 100% germination, great stuff. 

However im running out of room, so these are gonna have to go outdoors soon, like "next week"soon.

unless I get the big room re-set up.

Can't get no better than that unless you get a twin  ;)

Why do I feel half of this are going to end up in hydro buckets lol

You've got a few decisions to make mate  :yep:

Split them.  Do half in and half out  ;)

You'll figure it out  :cheers:

Kind regards :bong:

Mark.. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

ok, so they went out today, into my old plot holes, I just dug a hole and plonked em in.

I only had 5 survivors, I dropped the propagator lid on them and er, killed a few.....woops..... sorry.large_106.JPG

I also found a few really promising plots today, as you do, went for an amble through the countryside, I took a few pics of various plots but they never came out , oh well, next time. 

heres one of them, lovely day up here today, I was sweating just getting to the pliot, im s eriously out of shapelarge_101.JPG

I was actually thinking of getting out next week and digging a shitload of holes for some more plants..., lets face it -  5 wont get me far, and I could certainly do with the exercise...

cheers.

• Like 10