Tripping on edibles

18 minutes ago, Doby Mick said:

I love it when I get caught out !

Haha depends on where you are! I was once at home battered and wifes parents decided to pop in as they were close by! Oh dear, it was fucking intense.........

42 minutes ago, Jack010 said:

The wife’s Grandfather will be trying it, every where on line shows 10mg per serving for starters for a new to Cannabis. 

Want to help him with his pain and help him sleep, don’t want to over do it for him

4-5g of bud should be good then

5g @ estimated 15% THC = 750mg

X10 cookies = 75mg each(ISH) take bite at a time, give it an hour or two, then another bite.

Edited by OLaC
  • Like 1

If you don't want to make a bucket load of cookies, here's the small batch, no chill method I use:

Ingredients

2/3 cup (80g) all-purpose flour measured by weight or the spoon and sweep method*

1/4 teaspoon baking soda

1/8 teaspoon salt

1/4 cup (2oz) unsalted butter melted and slightly cooled

1/3 cup (66g) brown sugar

2 tablespoons (25g) white sugar

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 large egg yolk

1/2 cup (3oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips

Instructions

Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.

In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the butter and brown and granulated sugars. Add egg yolk and vanilla and whisk until well-combined.

Stir in the flour mixture until just mixed and fold in the chocolate chips.

Drop dough by rounded spoonfuls (just under two ounces) onto your prepared cookie sheet (for the most perfectly round cookies, roll into ball first), and bake for 9 to 12 minutes, until the cookies just look set. Cool on the cookie sheet and enjoy!

Edited by OLaC
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, lemoore00 said:

Haha depends on where you are! I was once at home battered and wifes parents decided to pop in as they were close by! Oh dear, it was fucking intense.........

LOL, I ended up having to eat Christmas dinner with my girlfreinds  Mum , Dad and Gran, tripped out  of me bonce on a microdot when I was 17, that was pretty intense. We broke up not long after  :) 

• Like 1

at the start of last week i had 30gs of RSO , ive been de-carbing it as and when needed .

ive given up smoking pure j after 11 years . 

i have noticed i need lots now to get somewhere if you get me , on the  3 rd day i had an episode 

it was a panic attack via the thc . so i gathered my thoughts and it passed after 20 mins or so .

i loved it , its what i look for in a cannabis psychedelic experience , i do understand that its not for  everyone but i love pushing my 

boundaries. im off to get some ginger and lemon tea so i de-carb into a couple of ml of olive oil then make a cup of herbal tea .

it smashes me , ive still got over 20g to get through 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jack010 said:

Hi mate, I made myself my first batch of canna butter, used 4g of dried cured red purps.

Put 115g of butter and ended up with 96g of canna butter.

Wanted to make cookies but having trouble deciding how many to make.

Seen a chart that says 4g bud in to 8 cookies would be 45mg thc per cookie. Is that correct??

Can anyone help please

Hi,

In the absence of accurate measurement, the guides can only give a rough idea. The fine tuning, finding the "sweet spot" can only be done by experimentation. Also, the right dosage can vary from person to person. 

I would say, assume the highest conversion ratio, and aim for the lowest effective dosage (5mg), which in this case would be a ninth of a cookie. Work your way up from there.

Personally, I prefer to decarb the weed before making the butter; this allows you to optimize the temperature and time for decarbing, rather than for cookies. The butter can be spread on a biscuit or dissolved in a milky drink, and if frozen it lasts for ages.

Anyhow, I hope you have a good time!

9 minutes ago, catfish said:

at the start of last week i had 30gs of RSO , ive been de-carbing it as and when needed .

ive given up smoking pure j after 11 years . 

i have noticed i need lots now to get somewhere if you get me , on the  3 rd day i had an episode 

it was a panic attack via the thc . so i gathered my thoughts and it passed after 20 mins or so .

i loved it , its what i look for in a cannabis psychedelic experience , i do understand that its not for  everyone but i love pushing my 

boundaries. im off to get some ginger and lemon tea so i de-carb into a couple of ml of olive oil then make a cup of herbal tea .

it smashes me , ive still got over 20g to get through 

Lots of people say this is how you should do cannabis - large dose, infrequently. I bet its fun :)

55 minutes ago, Doby Mick said:

LOL, I ended up having to eat Christmas dinner with my girlfreinds  Mum , Dad and Gran, tripped out  of me bonce on a microdot when I was 17, that was pretty intense. We broke up not long after  :) 

i was similar to that mate, had my first trip at 19 and didn't have a clue how things would pan out, i was up all night, then had to go to my girlfriends for sunday dinner with her whole family  lol

as for edibles, i like to dose carefully and if you want to take more then eat more, i've had bad times taking too high a dose and it's fine if you can handle it, but not me i'm no :flex:lol

• Like 1

On 16/02/2020 at 3:45 PM, lemoore00 said:

Hi all,

I made some brownies recently where I used a pack of Betty crocker brownie mix and 50ml of infused coconut oil. We cut them into 16 pieces. That night me and the missus has one each and were battered. We woke up with heavy eyes and were pretty stoned until about 2pm the next day.

I've since shared a couple of these brownies with people and they have both said the same thing... "What have you put in these things? I've was bloody tripping".

Now I've never tripped on cannabis, but I know people like McKenna advocates infrequent high doses as the way to take THC. 

So is this what has happened to my two brownie beneficiaries? It's freaked them out a bit as they were just expecting to be a bit stoned and ended up having to sit down for two hours having an experience!

Thoughts?

In the liver, Thc converts into 11 hydroxyl something something science. This is many times stronger than thc. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dailydabber said:

n the liver, Thc converts into 11 hydroxyl something something science. This is many times stronger than thc. 

no it is not its a different compound mate . two different things cannot be judged as one is different  than the other .

when you eat THC, there are several metabolic pathways that change it into its various metabolites some of which are psychoactive such as 11‐hydroxy‐Δ9‐tetrahydrocannabinol 

I think the reason edibles are perceived as more potent is that they are a more efficient way of consuming your dose. I tripped out on edibles a few days ago, just weird kind of staring at the patterns in the wallpaper only to realize a few hours later the wall is bare - just flat emulsion. I forgot what weird but lovely high edibles can be.

• Like 2