Tripping on edibles

Hi all,

I made some brownies recently where I used a pack of Betty crocker brownie mix and 50ml of infused coconut oil. We cut them into 16 pieces. That night me and the missus has one each and were battered. We woke up with heavy eyes and were pretty stoned until about 2pm the next day.

I've since shared a couple of these brownies with people and they have both said the same thing... "What have you put in these things? I've was bloody tripping".

Now I've never tripped on cannabis, but I know people like McKenna advocates infrequent high doses as the way to take THC. 

So is this what has happened to my two brownie beneficiaries? It's freaked them out a bit as they were just expecting to be a bit stoned and ended up having to sit down for two hours having an experience!

Thoughts?

Welcome to the world beyond smoking. Grab a bottle of overproof rum from asda, decarb 1 oz of bud. Put the decarbed bud in a mason jar and pour the rum over it. Stuff it in the dark or the freezer and shake it everyday for a few minutes over the coarse of 3 weeks. Strain it out using multiple coffee filters and take 2 ml no more and you wont need cookies lol.

Tri city,

Toke...

• Like 9

1 minute ago, QFMAC said:

When you say "trippy" do you mean psychedelic?

Yeah. I don't think full on visuals like a proper trip...bit basically yeah

6 minutes ago, tokenroll said:

Welcome to the world beyond smoking. Grab a bottle of overproof rum from asda, decarb 1 oz of bud. Put the decarbed bud in a mason jar and pour the rum over it. Stuff it in the dark or the freezer and shake it everyday for a few minutes over the coarse of 3 weeks. Strain it out using multiple coffee filters and take 2 ml no more and you wont need cookies lol.

Tri city,

Toke...

large.IMG_20200208_113453_compress32.jpg

Something like this you mean?

Although only used half an ounce.

Do you take it sublingually or just like drops?

9 minutes ago, lemoore00 said:

Yeah. I don't think full on visuals like a proper trip...bit basically yeah

Fucking cool lol

I've never done psychedelics before. (One day though).

I've smoked Cannabis on and off for most of my life, but I haven't smoked for about 4 or five years. Someone recently gave me a joint and I smoked it all in one go. I was STONED. I also had a minor psychedelic experience but only with my eyes closed.

The shapes and patterns were unreal. I've never experienced that on weed before. It must have been the long break, and full joint in one go. 

I want to experience that again but stronger, maybe edibles?

Edited by QFMAC
  • Like 3

That will work just takes a little longer. I just pour 2ml into a little shot glass job done. Full on visuals not with eyes open but close enough.

Toke...

Edited by tokenroll
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, tokenroll said:

That will work just takes a little longer. I just pour 2ml into a little shot glass job done. Full on visuals not with eyes open but close enough.

Toke...

How long does it take to feel the effects? And how long does it last?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, QFMAC said:

How long does it take to feel the effects? And how long does it last?

I dunno about the alchohol infused stuff, but i've made canna oil chocolate and it has got me and many other uncomfortably stoned for a good few hours. 

Tip - make sure you add Lecithin powder to your oil.

• Like 2

Just now, DBK said:

I dunno about the alchohol infused stuff, but i've made canna oil chocolate and it has got me and many other uncomfortably stoned for a good few hours. 

Tip - make sure you add Lecithin powder to your oil.

Why the powder?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, QFMAC said:

Why the powder?

It emulsifies and disperses fat  instead of it clogging together.

Edited by catweazle1
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, catweazle1 said:

It disperses fat.

Yeah it's primarily an emulsifier, but it also increases absorption rate of THC. Not sure there are any scientific studies to back that up though...

49 minutes ago, tokenroll said:

Tri city,

Toke...

Hi Toke, wright and nephew 60 something % rum ? Have you tried it ? Ive been reading about tinctures but wasnt sure if it was high enough avb, but will give it a shot !