Wac1 help please.

QFMAC

@Joint hogger Has been kind enough to help me out with how to set up the Wac1.

It has arrived today and I'm trying to set/fix it all up.

Where do I drill the holes for the two cable glands? There are four different holes on the back of the Wac1 and two holes underneath.

Thanks.

Edited by QFMAC

Hi @QFMAC I went in through the bottom, this was because of the earthing point being bottom right when I opened the unit and required less stripping. 

large.20200211_183003_copy_461x410.jpg

My fan (TD250 silent) only needed 2 core (black cable) so I only needed to earth the mains supply (white cable).

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Exhale said:

Hi @QFMAC I went in through the bottom, this was because of the earthing point being bottom right when I opened the unit and required less stripping. 

large.20200211_183003_copy_461x410.jpg

My fan (TD250 silent) only needed 2 core (black cable) so I only needed to earth the mains supply (white cable).

Thanks mate.

When I opened mine the Wac1 Earth was in the top right? Weird.

I was told that I don't need to earth the Wac1 as its plastic and my Rvk 5" doesn't have an earth either.

Why did you earth it?

13 minutes ago, QFMAC said:

Thanks mate.

When I opened mine the Wac1 Earth was in the top right? Weird.

I was told that I don't need to earth the Wac1 as its plastic and my Rvk 5" doesn't have an earth either.

Why did you earth it?

I earthed the mains supply because it is required, my fan only required L and N.

Edit: also the back plate can go any which way I guess, I just didn't want to have more wiring than I needed so bottom right/left earth location seemed like less, I like to be tidy it's an OCD/PC building thing. 

Edited by Exhale
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Exhale said:

I earthed the mains supply because it is required, my fan only required L and N.

Edit: also the back plate can go any which way I guess, I just didn't want to have more wiring than I needed so bottom right/left earth location seemed like less, I like to be tidy it's an OCD/PC building thing. 

So does your 2 core attach to your trailing socket, then your fan plugged into that.

Then your 3 core earthed and plugged into the wall?

@QFMAC the twin core connects the fans L and N terminals to the WAC1 fan L and N not plugged, wired. 

The T&E goes to the power L and N and the earth goes to the earthing screw, other end standard plug and 3amp fuse.

8 hours ago, Exhale said:

@QFMAC the twin core connects the fans L and N terminals to the WAC1 fan L and N not plugged, wired. 

The T&E goes to the power L and N and the earth goes to the earthing screw, other end standard plug and 3amp fuse.

Thanks mate. I think there maybe more than one way to attach them then? I'll double check as its "electrical".

6 hours ago, Joint hogger said:

gallery_36349_2174_85388.jpggallery_36349_2174_22587.jpg

Hi mate. I didn't attach the Earth, as last time you said I don't need it for the 5" Rvk, or the Wac1 as it's also got a plastic body.

Edited by QFMAC

1 hour ago, ratdog said:

i take it these don't hum at all?

the only thing you need to worry about is the fans wattage use as it only supplies a maximum of 75w, so pick your fan carefully.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Joint hogger said:

the only thing you need to worry about is the fans wattage use as it only supplies a maximum of 75w, so pick your fan carefully.

it's for controlling a desk fan so should be fine

1 minute ago, Joint hogger said:

I've noticed they do other Wac controllers as well. I haven't checked their wattage. Have a look up and see.