White Widow Auto

delagdo

Thank you very much @Dinafem-Mark :bong:

Let's have a look:large.5e6a9c5f9e62b_d65wwa.jpg

Day 64

I think switching the dehumidifier to 50% was a mistake, and it's been making too much hot dry air, taking the tent outside of the ideal VPD zone, and slowly cooking my plants. The White Widow Auto has lost quite a few lower leaves, and some are curling at the edges higher up.

The buds have continued to develop but they've stretched out a little bit, giving a foxtail appearance in places, I presume from the heat. They still look alright though!:

large.5e6a9c62920a1_d65wwa2.jpg

Day 64

large.5e6a9c64846ab_d65wwa3.jpg

Day 64

large.5e6a9c666f70e_d65wwa4.jpg

Day 64

I was really wary of turning the dehumidifier back to 60% and risking mould, but I eventually decided I had to do it on day 64. I will be taking the other plants out very shortly but want to keep this one going just a little bit longer, and the environment just wasn't right at 50%. The air that comes out of the back of the unit is much drier than the setting when the compressor switches on, and at 50% it is working most of the time and the heat builds up, whereas at 60% it switches on and off and stays a lot cooler.

Here's a look at the trichomes:

large.5e6a9c6859e3f_d65wwa5.jpg

Day 64

large.5e6a9c69cc429_d65wwa6.jpg

Day 64

large.5e6a9c6bd1747_d65wwa7.jpg

Day 64

large.5e6a9c6d5860f_d65wwa8.jpg

Day 64

large.5e6a9c6eea754_d65wwa9.jpg

Day 64

Thank you for looking! :yep:

• Like 3

On 12/03/2020 at 8:58 PM, delagdo said:

Thank you very much @Dinafem-Mark :bong:

Let's have a look:large.5e6a9c5f9e62b_d65wwa.jpg

Day 64

I think switching the dehumidifier to 50% was a mistake, and it's been making too much hot dry air, taking the tent outside of the ideal VPD zone, and slowly cooking my plants. The White Widow Auto has lost quite a few lower leaves, and some are curling at the edges higher up.

The buds have continued to develop but they've stretched out a little bit, giving a foxtail appearance in places, I presume from the heat. They still look alright though!:

large.5e6a9c62920a1_d65wwa2.jpg

Day 64

large.5e6a9c64846ab_d65wwa3.jpg

Day 64

large.5e6a9c666f70e_d65wwa4.jpg

Day 64

I was really wary of turning the dehumidifier back to 60% and risking mould, but I eventually decided I had to do it on day 64. I will be taking the other plants out very shortly but want to keep this one going just a little bit longer, and the environment just wasn't right at 50%. The air that comes out of the back of the unit is much drier than the setting when the compressor switches on, and at 50% it is working most of the time and the heat builds up, whereas at 60% it switches on and off and stays a lot cooler.

Here's a look at the trichomes:

large.5e6a9c6859e3f_d65wwa5.jpg

Day 64

large.5e6a9c69cc429_d65wwa6.jpg

Day 64

large.5e6a9c6bd1747_d65wwa7.jpg

Day 64

large.5e6a9c6d5860f_d65wwa8.jpg

Day 64

large.5e6a9c6eea754_d65wwa9.jpg

Day 64

Thank you for looking! :yep:

Definitely in the end game now :headbang:

10 more day's and it will be harvest time  ;)

What a pretty looking plant  :yep:

All the best :bong:

Mark..

• Like 2

Thanks Mark! Yes I agree, very big beautiful buds :in_love:

I harvested my other plants so she has been alone in the tent since day 69. I can't very easily move her any more so I have left her in situ for photos, and worked out a system to remove the runoff without too much disturbance.

large.5e77c5d0501d3_d68wwa.jpg

Day 69

large.5e77c5da95067_d68wwa2.jpg

Day 69

large.5e77c5dc2d81b_d68wwa3.jpg

Day 69

I stretched out the branches at first, and then I had to add bendy green wire cross supports to a couple of them after a few days. The humidity has really declined over the past couple of days, I think the plant is slowing transpiration, but I am not sure how much that can also be attributed to a new filter and Hyperfan.

large.5e77c5d91a670_d72wwa.jpg

Day 73

large.5e77c5da95067_d68wwa2.jpg

Day 73

large.5e77c5dc2d81b_d68wwa3.jpg

Day 73

large.5e77c5d60d7d6_d72wwa4.jpg

Day 73

Here's some of the weird growth I am blaming on the heat:

large.5e77c5d771e6a_d72wwa5.jpg

Day 73

Today is day 75 and I have switched to plain watering (pH'd to 6.1) for the next couple of days.

Then :thumsup::smokin::punk::toot::execute::cheers::guitar::yahoo::badass:

• Like 2

18 hours ago, delagdo said:

Today is day 75 and I have switched to plain watering (pH'd to 6.1) for the next couple of days.

Your not to far away from the harvest now mate  :yep:

Buds have filled out really well and I love the crystal coverage  :headbang:

The time is coming to get those scissors out and your fingers sticky  :cheers:

Do you have a harvest day in mind?

I'm going with this Friday 27th :yep:

All the best  :bong:

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 2

I have now got a chance to update this after a few crazy days!

I gave plain water for a couple of days, before switching the light off on day 77. The plant then stayed in the tent for another 48 hours before I managed to trim the bigger leaves off, and hang it up. The flush had caused the green leaves to fade a bit:

large.5e805676269a2_d79wwa.jpg

Day 77

There was still a lot of fresh growth with white pistils shooting out. I could still see quite a lot of clear trichomes but an increasing number were going red or brown. 

large.5e8056780fb78_d79wwa2.jpg

Day 77

large.5e805679812e3_d79wwa3.jpg

Day 77

It is all hanging up in the room now, at about 19°C and 40% RH. In a few days when the outside is crispy I will move it into shoeboxes to slow the drying, then I will put it into jars to cure. I will tell you more about the end results soon :yep: 

• Like 3

On 29/03/2020 at 9:23 AM, delagdo said:

I have now got a chance to update this after a few crazy days!

I gave plain water for a couple of days, before switching the light off on day 77. The plant then stayed in the tent for another 48 hours before I managed to trim the bigger leaves off, and hang it up. The flush had caused the green leaves to fade a bit:

large.5e805676269a2_d79wwa.jpg

Day 77

There was still a lot of fresh growth with white pistils shooting out. I could still see quite a lot of clear trichomes but an increasing number were going red or brown. 

large.5e8056780fb78_d79wwa2.jpg

Day 77

large.5e805679812e3_d79wwa3.jpg

Day 77

It is all hanging up in the room now, at about 19°C and 40% RH. In a few days when the outside is crispy I will move it into shoeboxes to slow the drying, then I will put it into jars to cure. I will tell you more about the end results soon :yep: 

You absolutely smashed this grow out of the park mate :headbang:

Congratulations on the harvest buddy ;)

Time to get those monster flowers dry and onto the curing stage :)

What a cool end to a great diary :yep:

All the best  :bong:

Mark..

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Hello again. This is overdue but I've found it difficult to get on here lately for various reasons!

All in all I ended up with 240g from the White Widow Auto plant. I am extremely happy with this. I also had 3 Sweet Seeds plants and a Mephisto auto in there too, and managed to get over 500g total from the tent/315W in this run. I am not sure it is possible to do much better than this. Here's the White Widow Auto in four jars, plus the two largest colas ready to be chopped up and put in a fifth:

large.5ed1186ae1498_wwcured.jpg

I've been enjoying the smoke very much these past few weeks (actually vaping, rather than smoking!). Having some full jars has really helped get through the current situation with COVID-19 and lockdown, knowing I do not need to worry.

The smell and taste is herbal and a bit savoury, at least in comparison to the fruity Sweet Seeds stuff. Floral and almost cheesy, they smell moderately until put through the grinder, when the smell is strong.

The effect is very nice, I definitely have to say it's a hybrid which I feel strongly in both body and mind, though I would put it more towards the relaxing/indica side than energetic/sativa. I find it very relaxing and calming and good for the end of the day... or the middle of the day if you aren't doing much! In terms of potency, I would say medium to high for an auto. I do like strong autos and while this is not quite the top of the chart, it is not that far off either. Given the amount she produced (more than double any of the others), I think this plant must have given me the net highest total THC produced, so I am very very happy.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, delagdo said:

I am very very happy

great job on the grow and enjoy :smokin:

the white widow was a beast :taz:

sam

• Like 1

On 29/05/2020 at 3:37 PM, delagdo said:

I've been enjoying the smoke very much these past few weeks (actually vaping, rather than smoking!). Having some full jars has really helped get through the current situation with COVID-19 and lockdown, knowing I do not need to worry.

If anything could make this lockdown bearable it will be our Auto White Widow  ;)

@delagdo Thanks for dropping back in with a little write up to end this diary  :headbang:

Keep enjoying :hippy:

All the best :bong:

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 1