White Widow Auto

delagdo

Hello! :smokin:

I'd like to share a diary of my first Dinafem plant.  I already have the first month of growing to show you in this first post.

I have six plants in my tent and one of them is a Dinafem White Widow Auto. I have wanted to try Dinafem Autos for a while now, and White Widow Auto always sounded great to me. Recently I was lucky enough to be given a couple of seeds:

large.5e3d63a9e154b_wwaseeds.jpg

I soaked one seed in water on 4th January, along with my other strains for this grow, then put it into a root riot cube the following day. It popped up on the 8th still wearing it's shell, so this is what I call day 1:

large.5e3d63ac1e819_d1wwa.jpg
Day 1

I put it straight into a 12 litre fabric pot and into the tent. It looked very small for while:

large.5e3d63aee061d_d4wwa.jpg
Day 4

I am using a Hydrolab 120SX tent with a 315w CMH lamp in a Maxibright Focus reflector. I am growing in coco with General Hydroponics FloraGro, Micro and Bloom, plus a little bit of Plant Magic Plus Root Stimulator at the start. I have built the EC up to 1.3 over the course of the first month (my base tapwater is 0.4).

large.5e3d63c30b7fc_d9wwa.jpg
Day 9

I have an oil filled radiator keeping it nice and warm  which sits just outside the tent, and during the beginning stages I have been using a small humidifier to keep the air moist so my plants can get off to a good start in the first few weeks, which is crucial for autos. I aim for around 27°C and 60% relative humidity at first.

large.5e3d63f71ca43_d13wwa.jpg
Day 13

large.5e3d6445ba3b7_d17wwa.jpg
Day 17

Most of my other plants are in airpots, but I am getting better results with fabric pots for some reason, at least the initial stages. I am considering switching over for future grows. This plant grew some huge leaves very quickly.

large.5e3d6458c2301_d18wwa.jpg
Day 18

By three weeks, the pot doesn't look quite so big any more:

large.5e3d6473538a8_d21wwa.jpg
Day 21

I tied the main stem down to a handle to start LST on day 25, and the sidestems responded very quicky.

large.5e3d6489675b4_d27wwa.jpg
Day 27

The plant is huge and the biggest in the tent, and I think very likely the biggest I've ever had at the one month mark. I supercropped some of the stems on day 30 to try to limit vertical growth a bit.

large.5e3d64fad3d05_d29wwa.jpg
Day 29

There is some great flower development happening already. I've noticed she has very big thick pistils. I am looking forward to seeings lots more of these!

large.5e3d65370e359_d31wwa.jpg
Day 31

Thanks for looking at my diary! :yep:

• Like 8

Hi mate. Looking very nice, have grown this strain myself and its a very nice finished bud IMO, quite well representative of White Widow considering the Ruderalis genetics. I have the XXl version of this in my tent ATM as it happens.

Looks nice and healthy though, should get a good result. Best of luck.

GV.

• Like 2

Thanks very much @GreenVision. I've spoken with people who grow, people in grow shops and in seed shops and Dinafem have been universally highly rated as a breeder by all, and this sounds like a classic strain that's ideal for me. I'm very excited :thumsup:

• Like 2

nice one  shes looking great ....  surprising   at the rate  of growth ...   have to say a MASSIVE  well done so far tho ... l

• Like 2

@delagdo Well it looks like it's time to give our Autoflowering strains a try ;)

Auto White Widow is a solid choice for your first attempt with our creations :yep:

You look to be off to a flying start, let's see what you can do  :headbang:

As with all Dinafem grows on UK420, I'll be along for the ride and watching with interest  :cheers:

All the best :bong:

Mark..

• Like 1

Let's catch up with recent growth. First this is how all of my plants fitted into my tent on day 32; the White Widow Auto is the top left:

large.5e4c2143b055b_d32tent.jpg
Day 32

At this point I had six plants in my tent. There's the four Sweet Seeds plants in the middle and on the right, which I have a diary about elsewhere. Bottom left, in front of the big fat White Widow Auto, is a very slender Mephisto Sour Stomper.

large.5e4c214772036_d32wwa.jpg
Day 32

large.5e4c214eec0f3_d34wwa.jpg
Day 34

Buds starting to develop further:

large.5e4c214b37f24_d34wwa2.jpg
Day 34

large.5e4c2155793da_d36wwa.jpg
Day 36

large.5e4c2151f3a25_d36wwa2.jpg
Day 36

I felt EC 1.3 was a bit high for my plants, so on day 31 I went back down to EC 1.2. On day 33 I switched over from a 3:2:1 Gro:Micro:Bloom ratio, to a 1:1:1 as they transition into flowering. On day 37 I cut the EC again, very slightly to 1.1. On day 41 I switched over to the full flowering ratio of 1:2:3.

I found one of my other plants hermied on day 36 so I took it out of the tent, and I am down to five now. This fits more reasonably in the tent, especially give the monster size of this White Widow Auto.

Here's a look at the tent on day 39, the White Widow Auto is on the left behind (and overhanging) the dehumidifier:

large.5e4c21593b4cf_d39tent.jpg
Day 39

To maintain the environment I took the humidfier out on day 31, and the dehumdifier went in on day 39.

large.5e4c2162ccbc1_d41wwa.jpg
Day 41

The plant now has many shoots a shade over 60cm above the coco, and is a real bush. I have been bending and squeezing the stems to supercrop it and limit the vertical height. I think it's slowing now - I hope so!

There's lots of lovely fresh pistils shooting out all over the plant. It should be time for these flowers to fill out over the next few weeks :guitar:

large.5e4c215befef2_d41wwa2.jpg
Day 41

large.5e4c216020ebe_d41wwa3.jpg
Day 41

Thanks for looking! :yep:

Edited by delagdo
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you @Dinafem-Mark :yep:

Time for an overdue update. Things have carried on  growing nicely in my tent. I moved to watering twice a day on day 45.

large.5e62cc471af97_d45wwa.jpg

Day 45

large.5e62cc4528a80_d45wwa2.jpg

Day 45

The plant was still growing vertically at this point but was slowing as the flowers start to fill out instead.

large.5e62cc48f09d9_d49wwa.jpg

Day 49

large.5e62cc42ec95e_d50wwa.jpg

Day 50

large.5e62cc4a9d12d_d50wwa2.jpg

Day 50

Starting to fatten up! :guitar:

• Like 3

Double update :smokin:

Things have carried on developing nicely in the tent. I switched the dehumidifier down to 50% from 60% on day 53 which adds a bit of heat, so I adjusted the heating to compensate. It's pretty warm in the tent and one side of the plant is quite close to the light, and I think suffered very slightly from the heat.

By now the plant was only growing fatter, not taller.

large.5e62cf9fcd82b_d57wwa.jpg

Day 57

large.5e62cf9e4db72_d57wwa2.jpg

Day 57

There are lots of buds on her now:

large.5e62cfaa3e934_d59wwa.jpg

Day 59

A closer look at a few of them:

large.5e62cfa1aef0e_d59wwa1.jpg

Day 59

large.5e62cfa55926a_d59wwa3.jpg

Day 59

large.5e62cfa3b14e1_d59wwa2.jpg

Day 59

An even closer look:

large.5e62cfa7112c2_d59wwa4.jpg

Day 59

large.5e62cfa89a077_d59wwa5.jpg

Day 59

I think we're not quite there yet, but nearly. The catalogue says 75-80 days which I am sure will be enough:toot:

Thanks for looking! :yep:

• Like 3

On 06/03/2020 at 10:29 PM, delagdo said:

Starting to fatten up! :guitar:

Like a fat kid in a candy store lol

Packing on that weight a treat buddy  :bong:

Keep the updates coming as harvest is approaching fast :yep:

All the best :bong:

Mark..