feminizing seeds

by using silver thiosulphide (probably spelt wrong) mostly (STS). Sprayed just after flip.

they reverse a female seed to produce a male plant, and use the pollen, which has a recessive female traits, meaning the seeds are feminised, well 99% of the time they are.  

This is how, in a nutshell, there is more to it than this, but this is the basics

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 13
19 minutes ago, badbillybob said:

which has a recessive female traits

Genetically the reversed plant is still female, the sodium thiosulfate inhibits female flower production :yep:

• Like 11
29 minutes ago, badbillybob said:

by using silver thiosulphide (probably spelt wrong) mostly (STS). Sprayed just after flip.

they reverse a female seed to produce a male plant, and use the pollen, which has a recessive female traits, meaning the seeds are feminised, well 99% of the time they are.  

This is how, in a nutshell, there is more to it than this, but this is the basics

Cheers BBB.

just been doing a bit of research after reading your post.

Its not hard to do, just time consuming.

Thankyou for introducing me to a whole new world.

• Like 4

I’m about to attempt to produce some.

Took 2 clones of The New and both have rooted, once they put on a bit of growth i’ll be going down the Collodial Silver route.

• Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...
On 05/02/2020 at 1:15 PM, flighty said:

@Peregrine it's far easier to use sts, only 1 or 2 sprays ;)

i would stick with one spray, just because my plants showed male balls, but the pollen was "Jaffa" (impotent)  -this was  after 2 separate STS sprays, a week apart. 

Im not saying they all will, but I will stick with a single spraying at 7:1 stock STS to water from here on in. If they don't turn ill just grow them out as fems..

• Like 4

Did you make your own STS? @badbillybob

Or buy it in from somewhere??

If you made it can you post a link to the instructions plz?  I'm pretty sure Amarillo slim posted them awhile ago but buggered if I can find them again now! lol

Nice1 ta

• Like 7

if you go to the breeding section ive tagged you with them in the making your own STS thread. 

Im thick and don't know how to post it here.....

hope it helps

• Like 6
5 hours ago, badbillybob said:

i would stick with one spray, just because my plants showed male balls, but the pollen was "Jaffa" (impotent)  -this was  after 2 separate STS sprays, a week apart. 

Im not saying they all will, but I will stick with a single spraying at 7:1 stock STS to water from here on in. If they don't turn ill just grow them out as fems..

Each plant is different, 1 spray might work on some, other more stubborn ones might need 2. Personally, I've always done 2 sprays without a problem.

Just to be clear 7 parts water to 1 part stock your using, right?

• Like 1