vaporiser newbie

edwardio

I think this is why egzoset wants weights of screens , to work out time for heat saturation for different materials .

• Like 2

That would be my main concern really. If you're at home you can use a full on vape you can plug into a wall, but two of the biggest things for me for portable ones are being inconspicuous and easy to use. Can't see myself ducking into alley ways in London trying to heat something metal up with a lighter every time I want to use it 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nervous said:

Ahhh gotcha, that makes a bit more sense. How long does one heating last? 

Approx 2-3 cycles per bowl I'd say and long enough to take a good healthy rip through a water pipe. 

:oldtoker:

Edited by stoned_ape
Sbelling
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nervous said:

That would be my main concern really. If you're at home you can use a full on vape you can plug into a wall, but two of the biggest things for me for portable ones are being inconspicuous and easy to use. Can't see myself ducking into alley ways in London trying to heat something metal up with a lighter every time I want to use it 

Yes I agree really. Not very inconspicuous if your in a public place. But then you shouldn't really be chuffing on weed and walking down the street anyway. However yes, a electronic vaporizer would be most ideal in those situations. 

• Like 2

Hi again Arthur Mix,

8 hours ago, Arthur Mix said:

...not having a dig at you in anyway @Egzoset...

All right, then lets put all social noise behind so we can address the crunchy part...

8 hours ago, Arthur Mix said:

Shame they not get far...

Loto Labs launched their mediatic operation using some carved wood decoy pretending to define shape before function, so i was quick to reject their flatering invitation in the early days and even commented this team seemed to be after a crowd-funded job much more than a viable working design.  Susceptor mass never shown on the radar despite their nearly extravagant claim of doing it with 1 battery only (!), much less a delivery method capable of taking advantage from such minimalistic power source - as if zero efforts were ever made to identify compatible technology similar to that of Japan Analytical Industry, a manufacturer who actually started to produce the "Induction Pulse-Heating Curie Pyrolizer" series back in the '90s...

:bag:

Transition of DynaVap's consumers to IH-driving resulted from even less planning, those who once rejected my idea of exploring ready-made 3rd-party IH generators similar to the NoFlame eventually adopted some cheaper "Made in China" clone known as the SJK Technic, still failing to account for elementary basics.  This explains preliminary failures until custom-made experiments gained significant momentum, because they insisted it had to be a DynaVap VapCap instead of just adapting their delivery method to such affordable IH-driver.

Besides failure to account fo susceptor mass (and lack of gate drivers in DiY power circuitry) the legacy also includes a missed rendez-vous with history:

large.5dd80b8609bc6_CurieEffect-NickelIr

Portion #2 of that plot tells me although it looks linear that's still unsuitable for our purpose, the good news being that the primary segment feels higly compatible both in terms of temperature range, alloy chemistry and quite likely "Back EMF" as well.  If this other intuition of mine is correct too then the clicking feature already has its next-step replacement ready for exploration considering the users have migrated to custom-made power modules anyway, but in any case i'd recommend to avoid screen susceptors made of fine metal wesh.

The VapCap helix path would make better sense if it were convoluted in order to recycle energy which is presently radiated away in pure waste, if not nuisance.  Assuming the whole design must continue to depend on metal i'd definitely favour brief/potent "hot-spotting" power injection where only such susceptor shall get intensely heated, while the rest serves a much more appropriate purpose by protecting finger skin, rather than waste precious portable energy!  Perhaps DynaVap's CCD Screen will endure mechanical fatigue and eventually fail to click on the long run but i'm willing to bet a 17-holes Metal Disc as previously described would continue to kick strong decades after you made multiple clicker replacements.

As for butane it either needs to be of "bio" origin someday (if that's possible at all...), or an auxiliary boiler/evaporator must be juxtaposed to supply just enough Inlet Water to accomodate EVERYONE.  Etc., etc.

One way or another i see the clicking feature as an evolutionary barrier, who knows when what's now being perceived as cryptic by some will become evident for most people.  Briefly put i'm saying that i've met my share of obstructors before, starting with MagicFlight soon after i registered on FC late in 2010, because of my insistance over IH driving exactly.  Hence my repeated DUPLICATE & PEER REVIEW challenges...

Good day, have fun!!  :sorry:

Edited by Egzoset
Proof-reading.
  • Like 1

I have had a Mighty for nearly 4 years, it has been great, used daily, cleaned thoroughly once a month

Unfortunately four years of abuse have taken their toll and it is time for a replacement.   I find it almost impossible to get a good puff on the mighty now, it must be caked up with gunk inside and I don't have a screwdriver small enough to dissemble and clean inside.  Also the display works only sometimes, the plastic casing is all cracked, the on/off switch has a mind of its own and it does not vibrate anymore.

The Mighty is a strong, well made product and I am glad I bought one, it has lasted well, that said I will not be getting another.

Avoid the Crafty, its shit, I broke two of them before getting the Mighty.

• Like 1

Hello @Herbsman im also mighty user here and love it and use it daily with a water adapter, can't be beat imo. Just wondering what you will be going with next?

I have had arizer solo before and loved that bar the fact the red hot glass bit would fall out when I was in bed and burn little circles on my chest. Painful and funny.

Slightly worried about s n b being sold they there products were solid. I just hope my migty keeps going strong. 

One love.

Not sure what I am going to get next @growinggold , hence why I was looking at this thread.  I have an Extreme Q that I use in the house in the evenings once the kids have gone to bed, I'll just stick with that for now until I need a portable vape.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have owned all the top vapes, cloud evo,volcano,mighty,crafty, ghost mv1,flower pot.

But I have settled on one of the cheapest out there , the Dynavap!!

Amazing vape ,i have just ordered a vortex stem from simrell collection, cant wait for that to arrive!

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

@edwardio

How did you get on in the end duderoo? 

Did you take the plunge and buy a decent vape? 

@Nervous @Arthur Mix

I kinda agree with everything @Egzoset has said about the dynavap, which is still my fav.

Had a look at the vaporgenie and love the look of it except for the fact it looks like a pipe and you use it like a pipe. Just too diddly damn dodgy lookin. 

Heating the dynavap is easily done discreetly with a small torch.  It's quick to use and easily concealed afterwards in its airtight stash tube. 

Definitely prefer my Argo out and about. 

My mate just got the tinymight and says worth the hype.... 

• Like 2

@Ned Flanders I'll give it another look but I don't like the idea of having to heat it with a lighter. For me, the most important thing is looking discreet if it's portable.

I could see it being decent for camping though where charging isn't an option! 

Tinymight if you can get one, otherwise fury 2 or fury edge. 

That's where i got to in my research. I went for the argo. Wish id got the fury though. Argo is a keeper, so tiny and easy to use. Well made, discreet. just takes a long damn time to session. 

Salutations Ned Flanders,

Salutations Nervous,

4 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

Had a look at the VaporGenie and love the look of it except for the fact it looks like a pipe and you use it like a pipe.  ...  Heating the dynavap is easily done discreetly with a small torch.

One might find when it comes to getting "stealthy" it's quite the opposite, hence my frequent invitations to DUPLICATE & PEER REVIEW:v:

1 hour ago, Nervous said:

I don't like the idea of having to heat it with a lighter.

IMO both the VaporGenie and DynaVap got stalled into an impass at some point:  they simply need to evolve, but that's only a matter of time before everyone agrees to see that.

In addition it turns out my customized VG pipe ain't just a pipe actually, it's a "Prototyping Platform" intended to provide the means in KISS-style to acquire new perspectives still NOT accessible using the genuine products of Dan Steinberg alone.  Now try to imagine how far from IH-driving scenarios this specific manufacturer's double-patented concept remains today...

Vapor-Genie-US-7434584-2008-Oct-14-Egzos

Egzoset_s_Lava_Wand_Concept_-_Capsule_20

large.5c642d0c3c1f1_EgzosetsLAVABi-EnergyCapsule(2017-May-26)400x400.PNG

large.5c64223214793_EgzosetsLavaBi-EnergycompatibleCapsule-SlidingControl(basedonCust.VGpipe2016-Oct-14).GIF

Here the term "Bi-Energy" means that both clean-burning butane and IH-driving are going to co-exist withing a very same structure, even simultaneously if one needs H2O (+ CO2) like i do...

As a bonus an eventuall exploitation of the Curie effect (instead of a clicker sound) should implement absolute fail-safe overheating prevention while offering a 100 % analog manner to adjust energy in the bowl without having to rely on custom-made IH designs:  injection of twin "Heat-Charges" with different Curie temperature "ceilings" is expected to result in a pair of "reference" sources defining the boundaries of its adjustment range.  Etc, etc.  But not anytime soon judging from the past.

:med: ... :sleep1:

About the DV VC, i wait for signs that preliminary exploration using ready-made Mazilli/Royer modules has past, e.g. after addressing its design defects to make it perfect ideally...  For example:

[ http:// www.kiblerelectronics.com/bob/app_notes/note11/note11.html#schematic%203 ]

Schematic 3. Improved ZVS Driver

« Schematic 3 shows a circuit that is said to prevent lockup and also corrects some other problems with the basic ZVS circuit. »

:wassnnme:

Someday these two important pioneers may finally decide to share the most enthousiastic view which led me deep into no-man's land, essentially:  a top-niche is free for the taking IMHO.

Good day, have fun!!  :sorry:

Edited by Egzoset
Read-proofing.
  • Like 1