vaporiser newbie

edwardio

Hi folks could anybody tell me the best vaporiser for a complete new starter... i've smoked all my life and really need to get off tobacco or at least reduce the amount drastically...

i've had a look online and I'm amazed at the variation in such devices...

I smoke regularly so will use the vaporiser all the time, aswell as on the move, so a reliable portable quality device would be needed..

any recommendations would be really helpful thank you

Arizer air, simple to use and you can carry a spare battery or 2 for when your out and about. i use the Arizer solo in the house and use the air when out, both quality.

Edited by brainwashedsheeple
sp
  • Like 2

In my limited experience, (and I use only flower) : as a portable vapes go, the Mighty is good - hardwearing, consistent, effective and doesn't need cleaning all the time. Mines still going strong after years of abuse.

For quitting fags, I'd say a Mighty would be a very good choice.

That said, a desktop unit such as a Volcano is more efficient, powerful and cleaner.

But unless you've got a car battery and a power invertor, it's not very portable. ;)

• Like 2

Cloud evo if you can afford it, herbalaire if you can’t for tabletop

Portable id go mighty/crafty if you can afford them, dynavap vapcap if you can’t for portable.

those are my favourites of the many I’ve tried.

Id recommend a smoke break before moving to vaporiser as it’s a very different high and can put smokers off as it’s not as hard hitting. It’s “cleaner” imho.

• Like 4

I'd suggest watching a few videos before you take the plunge. If you've not tried them before you may be a bit dissatisfied and think they're a bit wispy.

Convection vs conduction is summat worth thinking about, once you have a grasp of the difference.

Personally for 50bob I'd get a Dynavap and figure out how to get close to spliff feeling hits from it. Now this is absolutely not a good device for a beginner but it is very satisfying.

I broke a few Craftys by overuse, cleaning them can be a right pain.

All things I wish I'd considered before I bought a Magic Flight box (which was utter dogshit).

• Like 2

+1 for the Dynavap. Get yourself a small piece of glass and you'll be well happy for under £100. 

If you go back to smoking, you've got a nice bong :yep:

• Like 4

Dynavap all the way. Unbeatable for the price. 

Then you just upgrade the heatsource for home and out and about. 

Check out @FarmerPalmersNT portable induction heater for the vap cap.

I made a super cheap mains powered one fir less than 30 quid and it rocks. 

If you can afford it and want simple and effective then the Mighty or the Fury Edge (cheaper) will be good options. 

Edited by Ned Flanders
  • Like 3

Da Buddha Vape or it's big brother all the way,you can even hit fresh pick bud through it.

Pick your bud,chop it with scissors,load the bowl full,turn dial to max and draw away for a mad,intense fresh bud flavour hit,honestly it can be hold on to the arms of your chair strong. Never sit waiting for drying bud again.

Once its done in the bowl, save it all in a jar. It has just enough moisture left in it to cure slow so seal it and leave it. Give it 6 weeks and you have an awesome hashy, smoke or re-vape that's at half strength of whatever you put in it.

The DVB is rock solid tough and you get the impression you could probably vape cheese through it if you wanted lol

Edited by 2Fat2EatThat
  • Like 1

Salutations Edwardio,

21 hours ago, edwardio said:

...I'm amazed at the variation in such devices...

Get ready for a shock, despite the serious money spending which this quest involves it's the consumers who are still required to match a given brand/model today.  In other words YMMV!

Actually it's not really as much a matter of cost as it is about how well your physionomy can tolerate most manufacturer's poorly adapted solution pretending to fix the wrong problem, for example miniature portable Hot Dry Air Ovenizing with no water toy attached, not to mention products where electronics hardware venting is intimately coupled with a human's own lungs path since over at least a decade ago.  On top of that lets keep in mind on-line forums are now invaded by "influencer$" willing to call you a sissy if you can't take monster clouds though such behaviour aims for a solid tolerance wall, ignoring the simple fact that a consumption tool shapes its owner's consumption profile.  Bags as from a "venerable" Volcano, for example, cause people to become apprehensive while staring at paraphernalia for minutes only to find they can't really refrain from emptying it after using ~ 300 mg just to get satisfying aroma/taste appreciation, etc...

Briefly put each time it's the same scenario repeating.  Popular designs solve the manufacturer's problems 1st, long before they address ours;  strategies ain't always inspired by the primary goal of transfering noble molecules from trichome gland to human bloodstream, far from it:  brain-dead ovenizing concepts propose to heat whole bowls at once without any differenciation and hence considering this boosts their output artificially it compares to eating shrimps or oysters with their shells - which is exactly what the overpriced Volcano is about essentially.  Etc., etc.

Welcome to 2020.

Good day, have fun!!  :sorry:

• Like 1

Hi Eddie.  Plenty of good advice there.

A couple of them mention getting a portable and a desktop too.  

Can't advise you on a portable.  Mine's a OG Firefly and they don' make 'em no mo :).

Desktop's a log vape.  Not the cheapest option, nor the easiest to come by, but well worth adding to your review list.

Also keep in mind that vaping is so economical with herb that it'll pay you back in no time.

Very best of luck kicking the baccy :yep:

Vaping's worked great for me. 

• Like 1