chocolate mint og hermie issues

grimdankness

Sorry to make my first post here a negative one but as Ive been perusing these boards lately Id like to inform the members here that 2 out of 2 of my chocolate mint og have gone hermie!

Running a couple different strains in the tent including a sugar breath from HSO and all good as far as the rest goes so im liable to think its genetic and not stress related. This is my first time encountering these issues as im a bit of a noob having only run HSO blue dream prior to this, was thinking to just keep plucking them off as they form as they are both at the front of the tent and quite accessable, only on day 25f as well. ah balls.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, grimdankness said:

Sorry to make my first post here a negative one but as Ive been perusing these boards lately Id like to inform the members here that 2 out of 2 of my chocolate mint og have gone hermie!

Running a couple different strains in the tent including a sugar breath from HSO and all good as far as the rest goes so im liable to think its genetic and not stress related. This is my first time encountering these issues as im a bit of a noob having only run HSO blue dream prior to this, was thinking to just keep plucking them off as they form as they are both at the front of the tent and quite accessable, only on day 25f as well. ah balls.

Are they bananas or full blown seed bracts ? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Limey Gas man said:

Are they bananas or full blown seed bracts ? 

They are quite immature looking seed pollen sac looking things, only singlular not like full clusters or anything and mostly on the lower branches, i opened one up under the tap and it appears they dont contain any pollen yet

• Like 1

Shave those bitches legs and hope for the best (all you can do) .Day 25 bummer, they will more than likely produce further development.  Pop some more seeds out the seedstash right away. The chem91 in the og has form for turning, would say the urkle is likely too. Cold medium and high feeds also can turn them ,along with radiation from heat stress from your reflector and light leaks. Best of luck buddy.

Edited by Limey Gas man
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Nervous said:

Strange. 

Let us know more about your grow and we might be able to help (set up, nutes, lighting etc). 

running 6 strains. 6 litre pots, coco coir, 600hps in a 1.2m. temps are good, no light leak, no nutrient burn or deficiency at any point, all strains are very happy in there homes. Thinking the trigger could have been my defoliation thru first two weeks of flower, was plucking a few leaves almost every day but the girls were looking happy throughout. As I said in my first post I feel it is very odd that out of a 5 strain run (sugar breath, phantom cookies domina, purple punch, peyote cookies, choco mint) and they are all fine except both the choc mint og expressing male parts.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Limey Gas man said:

Shave those bitches legs and hope for the best .Day 25 bummer, they will more than likely produce further development.  Pop some more seeds out the seedstash right away. The chem91 in the og has form for turning, would say the urkle is likely too. Cold medium and high feeds also can turn them ,along with radiation from heat stress from your reflector. Best of luck buddy.

Interesting you say the urkle is prone to turning. Think i plucked a seed from some urkle I had a while back. Im aware they will probably come back but as I am able to get hands on every night if need be Im considering letting them keep going. Unfortunately I dont have a seperate tent to plop them in or a friend with the ability to take them on in a quarantined setup. Thanks for your comments mate.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, grimdankness said:

running 6 strains. 6 litre pots, coco coir, 600hps in a 1.2m. temps are good, no light leak, no nutrient burn or deficiency at any point, all strains are very happy in there homes. Thinking the trigger could have been my defoliation thru first two weeks of flower, was plucking a few leaves almost every day but the girls were looking happy throughout. As I said in my first post I feel it is very odd that out of a 5 strain run (sugar breath, phantom cookies domina, purple punch, peyote cookies, choco mint) and they are all fine except both the choc mint og expressing male parts.

I would take them out and let the other gooduns absorb the lumens , leave them for 45 more days and they will be chunky and absorb the luminosity . That's what I would do , but it's up to you.

Edited by Limey Gas man
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, greenvigilante said:

ran 16 of them over 2 grows and nothing went wayward

Can I ask when this was mate? Unfortunately I heard a few reports about the choco mint going herm after I had already kicked them off.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Limey Gas man said:

I would take them out and let the other gooduns absorb the lumens , leave them for 45 more days and they will be chunky and absorb the luminosity . That's what I would do , but it's up to you.

The stems have pretty much set solid at this point so I dont know how much I could utilise the extra space but I am definetely considering bagging and binning them.will sleep on it as Im a bit frazzled after this discovery right before bed lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grimdankness said:

The stems have pretty much set solid at this point so I dont know how much I could utilise the extra space but I am definetely considering bagging and binning them.will sleep on it as Im a bit frazzled after this discovery right before bed lol

Defo m8 .... the pollen in the tent will slow the others down and they will likely foxtail and go fluffy, 25 days is a few pubes so loads of chunking up to do. It's up to you though mate.All the best .

Edited by Limey Gas man
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Limey Gas man said:

Defo m8 .... the pollen in the tent will slow the others down and they will likely foxtail and go fluffy. It's up to you though mate.All the best .

Im pretty confident I avoided any pollen contamination so far as the sacs were quite immature, all of them closed and very green. Im reading that there are some cases where a herm will produce male parts that are sterile and dont actually contain pollen, would be a shame to bin them in this case as the bit of choco mint ive had previously was very tasty lol Appreciate your comments mate and same to you.

• Like 1

sling the fukas in the bin and do some others its not worth it bach honest to fuk feed them to the sheep imo. :beer:

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, grimdankness said:

Im pretty confident I avoided any pollen contamination so far as the sacs were quite immature, all of them closed and very green. Im reading that there are some cases where a herm will produce male parts that are sterile and dont actually contain pollen, would be a shame to bin them in this case as the bit of choco mint ive had previously was very tasty lol Appreciate your comments mate and same to you.

Last time I smoked a hermie it tasted like nutty plastic from those immature white pearls you find. I would say fuck that and bin those bitches. They probably changed the formula from the original selections. Big hyped strains can't keep up with the demand of the consumer, so the breeding guys are obtaining different genes to maintain their business.

Edited by Limey Gas man
  • Like 1