Canna boost and pk13/14

Kev.k

No need for any boost in organics, if your environment is dialled in and you keep the plants green until the end they will swell up in late flower naturally.

I have slowly ditched all the add ons and now literally just use Fishmix and Bloom. I was feeding a little bit of Silicon in veg and early flower but have now ditched that too as I did a side by side and found it made no difference

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 2

Seems some have used boost before it was launched according to posts 2006 was launched so how it was used before that idk

Edited by Arthur Mix
  • Like 3

is canna boost worth the price-?

answer = No.

if you are growing in soil, add some molasses, (I tbl spoon per litre) its much cheaper and does the same thing (adds sugars)

use the blackstap unsulphured one....

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 2

On 02/01/2020 at 4:01 PM, badbillybob said:

is canna boost worth the price-?

answer = No.

if you are growing in soil, add some molasses, (I tbl spoon per litre) its much cheaper and does the same thing (adds sugars)

use the blackstap unsulphured one....

How about Coco?

• Like 1

On 02/01/2020 at 3:59 PM, Arthur Mix said:

Seems some have used boost before it was launched according to posts 2006 was launched so how it was used before that idk

it used to be a fiver in 100 mil on a promotion down the shop back then, seemed quite effective for 4 or 5 plants a grow but no more than standard pk13/14 which as always stayed reasonable priced over the years. When the boost hit £90 a litre I decided not to.

Not worth the cash in my opinion. However I'm of the belief that it does do something.

Foliar feeding in weeks 1 to 3 of flower mean a hugely reduced cost though. 

I'm currently testing a much cheaper alternative. Shogun boost. Can't comment fully yet.

Having used it I wouldn't bother due to the cost. Like I said it seems to do something (in coco) but I very much don't think it's worth the cash

I always thought pk13/14 was great stuff pushing up swelling but last run tried to stick with base nuts and wow it was my best run! First time reaching g/w(light) ever. As the others say base nuts have all what they need. Other than that is just wasting money and possibly lock out something else

• Like 3

3 hours ago, G_lab said:

I always thought pk13/14 was great stuff pushing up swelling but last run tried to stick with base nuts and wow it was my best run! First time reaching g/w(light) ever. As the others say base nuts have all what they need. Other than that is just wasting money and possibly lock out something else

Yes. If someone is using coco, with daily/frequent nutrient irrigations, what is the point of adding more nutes when the supply to the roots is being regularly being replenished anyway with the original mix? 

Edited by catweazle1
  • Like 1

I find that base nutrients are enough. I use Canna A/B - I use SuperVit (vitamin additive), 1 drop is enough up to about 4 gallons, but dont quote me exactly. And when I flower I use blackstrarp molasses and seaweed - if I have it.

Tried everything in a long career, bud boosters/root enhancers...Im sure some of it works in some way - and over a 1 ton average crop you might get 2 kilos on top?,  so in that scale its probably bang on. For your average cupbaord grower, like myself, base nutes are enough. The only difference i noticed was in taste. Sweeter with bud boosters (molasses/carb loaders/glucoses), smoother with a good flush and root enhancers, but that would be proactive in ridding the plant of excess N, which makes the smoke bitter anyway.

In short No to Canna boost - yes to Supervit all day long. And flush properly. Mostly invest in your genes and stay as close to your temps/irrigation/feeds/defs etc, if you nail all that, it should be 'boost' enough :D

And to this day, even though I own 1L of PK 13/14 ive had it for 3 years and never seen the point of it. Never noticed anything apart for a bit of 'cooking' that required a bit of flushing...not impressed lol. that why I still have 900ml. Waste of **** space in the nutes store!

Edited by starbud
addition
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 03/01/2020 at 10:22 PM, JeezaK said:

it used to be a fiver in 100 mil on a promotion down the shop back then, seemed quite effective for 4 or 5 plants a grow but no more than standard pk13/14 which as always stayed reasonable priced over the years. When the boost hit £90 a litre I decided not to.

Just thought I’d let you know it’s £50 a litre not 90. You can get 5 litres for 160ish. 

that also works out to the same price as you paid for 100ml at a fiver. 

Edited by Grimweeder