P.A.K Wilting, sick plant or early finish pheno?

Bust a nug

22 minutes ago, badbillybob said:

Its not the colour of the leaves on the black dog that make me think its been too hot, its the leaf shape. if you look at the top left one in your pic the edges are curled upwards, a classic sign of over heating.

can you post up a clear pic of the roots?

It's winter right now now heat is no problem.

Can't take pictures :/. Roots are in the reservoir which is blocked by the scrog. 

The roots are sickly looking but like in OP. No root rot.

28 minutes ago, Team Green said:

Mine ended up like this. Started going all fluffy. Smelt divine.. like funky, spicy pineapple.. I did mine in a multi strain grow with Black dog coincidentally.. Did 3 of em and they were much the same.. I did Grape Inferno as well.. I noticed the PAK didn’t like as much water as other 2 strains, mine were in soil and I noticed the smart pots to be water logged on a couple of occasions, when the other 2 strains were bone dry.. Hope ya sort it anyway.

Yeah maybe its not a hydro strain...How did your buds end up if you harvested?

I'm torn between culling now, harvesting or giving it more time...I think I'll harvest the nicest colas and scrap the rest.

30 minutes ago, badbillybob said:

Can I ask why you added the sludge remover (pond zyme)?

It does the same job as the other bennies for a fraction of the price. I used Great white for the longest time and got sick of paying so much.

• Like 1

I don’t know much about hydro tbh mate.. But what I do know, is these seemed to thrive in dry conditions. Compared to the other strains anyway. I’d cull them personally. Get what you can off them obv’. Mine ended up fluffy.. Smelt lovely, Maybe took em a bit too far..? They came down at 9ish weeks all of em.. Black dogs were a bit over cooked too.. It was pretty hot in there at times also, and too humid as well. These were also factors. I think it’s a strain that likes, cooler nights, hotter days, low humidity best and lowish feeds, because of how slow it grows. This ain’t no yielder. Quality over quantity. I didn’t achieve it sadly. Grower error defo. I’ve seen some quality examples on these boards of the PAK. My environment was by no means perfect and being unable to adjust my feed between strains held them back. Your Black dogs are lookin good though, you seem to have a darker pheno than mine. Mine were all light green, no big fan leaves. Smell reminded me of eucalyptus.. They were freebies, so who knows?? Grape Inferno turned out the best of the 3 for the record. I’m sure there’s other people that could chime in with more enlightened info on it mate. Good luck man.

• Like 2

I'm sure yet again that someone will tear me to shreds, as this isn't the first time I've said it, but atm I don't think Organic material has any place in a hydro system. 

You put water and Organics together you will get exactly what you wanted, and then some. 

As it stands I have to read anything on any grow shop or site that convinces me its safe to put Organics into my RDWC. In fact I use a chiller and various solutions to try and keep organic matter OUT of my res. Just makes no sense putting it in, or at least until a company tests and produces some Organic Hydro feeds that are purpose made to not cause any unwanted bacteria etc.

Keep seeing people putting it in, and keep seeing off putting results. I know a few folks do use it with good results, but I think it takes some experience and trained eyes to use Organics in hydro without unwanted results. As always just my 2p though.

• Like 4

i agree. organics shouldn't be anywhere near recirc systems.

Your pond zyme  is candidate number 1, it has barley in it, amongs othe organic materials.

but you seem happy using it so.....

I will also bet your roots have slime on them, but since you cant show us them, its a bit of a guessing game.

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, GreenVision said:

I'm sure yet again that someone will tear me to shreds, as this isn't the first time I've said it, but atm I don't think Organic material has any place in a hydro system. 

You put water and Organics together you will get exactly what you wanted, and then some. 

As it stands I have to read anything on any grow shop or site that convinces me its safe to put Organics into my RDWC. In fact I use a chiller and various solutions to try and keep organic matter OUT of my res. Just makes no sense putting it in, or at least until a company tests and produces some Organic Hydro feeds that are purpose made to not cause any unwanted bacteria etc.

Keep seeing people putting it in, and keep seeing off putting results. I know a few folks do use it with good results, but I think it takes some experience and trained eyes to use Organics in hydro without unwanted results. As always just my 2p though.

5 hours ago, badbillybob said:

i agree. organics shouldn't be anywhere near recirc systems.

Your pond zyme  is candidate number 1, it has barley in it, amongs othe organic materials.

but you seem happy using it so.....

I will also bet your roots have slime on them, but since you cant show us them, its a bit of a guessing game.

Thanks for the post boys. I didn’t nt think about barley being a problem. I will have to do a side by side of pondzyme and great white to determine if it’s a problem. As for the the slime I said in my original post that there was none. I have dealt with that in the past and I know root rot when I see it. Which I did not. My reservoirs are light proof and the temps are good. I’ll harvest the plant and show the results here for info. 

As for the Black D.O.G, i will post the harvest in its strain guide thread. 

Also I have some grapefruit from female seed I will post in their section. 

I’d like to thank everyone that took their time to help. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bust a nug said:

Killed the P.A.K and didn't harvest it as it looked and smelled like hay. Breaks my heart :crybaby:

Did you perform an autopsy and figure our what was wrong with her? 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ROCKSTEADY6 said:

Did you perform an autopsy and figure our what was wrong with her? 

Yes but nothing stood out :mellow:

I did however decide to do res change every weeks for the rest of this  grow because I couldnt remove the tangled roots which will slowly rot in the reservoir. 

Side note harvest in 2 weeks for black D.O.G. and 3+ for the rest. 

• Like 1

On 04/01/2020 at 7:38 PM, Bust a nug said:

Killed the P.A.K and didn't harvest it as it looked and smelled like hay. Breaks my heart :crybaby:

I don't think I would have pulled her mate but that was your call to make  :)

By the sound of things PAK totally threw her toys out of the pram. She can be a super fussy strain even when grown in soil/coco and this has shown she really is not a hydro girl. 

All your stats such as

Temp

Humidity 

Ph

Ec/ppm 

Were all within range. The only issue I saw was feed not ideal for hydro growing which could have contributed to pak not being happy. 

Sorry about this mate :(

Never nice to lose a plant and even worse when so deep into bloom :(

All the best :bong:

Mark..

• Like 1

I know nothing about hydro but Team green hit the nail on the head. Pak doesn't like a lot of water. She seems to have droopy leaves a lot of the time. I was having problems with one being very droopy with deficiencies showing. I lowered the watering volume in 7L of soil to 600ml every two days and her leaves perked right up and she thrived on 300ml a day til the end. Over watering in soil causes a lack of oxygen to the roots so I'd hazard a guess that was your problem here and lack of oxygen prevented her from picking up nutes. I reckon you hit the nail on the head yourself when you said you had the air pump on low for a while. I bet that's when this started?

• Like 1

On 10/01/2020 at 9:41 PM, jadenugs said:

I know nothing about hydro but Team green hit the nail on the head. Pak doesn't like a lot of water. She seems to have droopy leaves a lot of the time. I was having problems with one being very droopy with deficiencies showing. I lowered the watering volume in 7L of soil to 600ml every two days and her leaves perked right up and she thrived on 300ml a day til the end. Over watering in soil causes a lack of oxygen to the roots so I'd hazard a guess that was your problem here and lack of oxygen prevented her from picking up nutes. I reckon you hit the nail on the head yourself when you said you had the air pump on low for a while. I bet that's when this started?

I've done 6 PAK grows, and I'm sad to say I've noticed a steady decline in my results from her.  The first 4 grows gave me some lovely buds, pungent pineapple and berry smelling terpy indica weed and it fast became my favourite strain .. My last 2 grows were really disappointing, I've had 2 hermies in the 20 plants that were incorporated in them - yields really down a lot (50%) and no longer a go-to strain for me and I'm gutted about that.  Either my room or system is in need of a refresh or something has changed with the seed stock.

To touch on what someone said about not liking standing water, all my PAK's were grown in Autopots (so in standing water) - good results and bad.

I'm making moves regarding my own room, better extraction, new lights and a different line of nutrients.  I'm not trying to slag off Dina as they've been good to me but just being honest about my experiences recently.   

Edited by sn00py
  • Like 3

On 10/01/2020 at 9:41 PM, jadenugs said:

I know nothing about hydro but Team green hit the nail on the head. Pak doesn't like a lot of water. She seems to have droopy leaves a lot of the time. I was having problems with one being very droopy with deficiencies showing. I lowered the watering volume in 7L of soil to 600ml every two days and her leaves perked right up and she thrived on 300ml a day til the end.

2 n a half weeks into flowering PAK and damn right she's fussy. Never got the watering down, just let it go dry on the top n then drenched and seemed to work..just wondering how you few 300ml every day on Coco in 7litres, surely they're shouldnt have been any run off with 300ml a day?

• Like 1

@Mimicker Hi mate, glad you've brought this back to my attention because that was a mistake due to my memory so apologies for that. it was actually 900ml every two days, not 600 so was drinking 450ml a day.

To answer your question though, it was soil using organic feeds not coco. So I wasn't worried about run off ;) I do a lot of multi strain grows so if any are drinking less than others I give them less so that they are all ready for watering at the same time, just to make the grow easier. I suppose if you were to try doing that in coco you could do it without run off as long as you feed plain water every 2nd or 3rd watering so the salts don't build up. Failing that you'll just have to leave them longer to dry out. Pak is very fussy with the irrigation.

• Like 1

@jadenuggs she's a desert like hash plant for certain. I can only hope I do her some justice; smoked, savoured and dreamed about her since

• Like 2