P.A.K Wilting, sick plant or early finish pheno?

Bust a nug

Hey guys,

I've been growing this P.A.K plant and it is on week 5 or 6 of flower and the plant is dying. The roots are looking sickly but not like it has Root rot. The roots are not gooey and they don't stink( I have experience with root rot). I just changed the res and added beneficial bacterias 3 days ago and it keeps getting worse. Is the plant sick or it is an early pheno?

I have it in the same reservoir as a Black D.O.G which is doing great. Weird

Here are the pictures of the Sick looking P.A.K

LxpDy1H.jpg

FRcHNZB.jpg

1CeUW5R.jpg

Here is a picture of the beautiful Black D.O.G in the same resevoir (DWC)

zQ34R65.jpg

pJBLVxU.jpg

• Like 1

At 5 - 6 weeks it'd be a record Pheno I'd think mate.

No that looks ill to me. I'd be looking for causes, I know you said you've checked the roots, but have another good look. Check the stem for rot, check the buds and make sure its not the start of bud rot.

Also look into temps. Is the plant near an intake or anything that might make it get really cold?

If you dont find anything maybe it is just an odd one. Either way though that does look ill.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, hash72 said:

am I reading the meter right at 32.7 is a bit hot

Nah i think that is the time at 3:27. That also wouldn't explain the other plant doing well too. This is a weird one, I am of no use here. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, GreenVision said:

At 5 - 6 weeks it'd be a record Pheno I'd think mate. I hope so I'd love to smoke some good P.A.K soon :smokin:

No that looks ill to me. I'd be looking for causes, I know you said you've checked the roots, but have another good look. Check the stem for rot, check the buds and make sure its not the start of bud rot. Didn't find anything :/

Also look into temps. Is the plant near an intake or anything that might make it get really cold? P.A.K is the furthest from vent and the temps are good.

If you dont find anything maybe it is just an odd one. Either way though that does look ill.

32 minutes ago, hash72 said:

am I reading the meter right at 32.7 is a bit hot Thats the timer plug hehe

• Like 2

give us a clue?

what temps have you got in there

what ec and ph are you feeding them at.

what is the relative humidity ?

water temps?

im also wondering how often you change the res  out completely, might be a build up of salts

my guess would be ph or feed related, but it also looks like you've had high temps in there, going off the black dog leaves.

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Nervous said:

@Bust a nug Have a pull at some of the sickest looking leaves. If they come out too easily and the tip of the stem where it broke off smells rancid then you have bud rot. 

I can barely pluck out the fan leaves which are all wiling and looking dead. No rancid smell. :/

11 minutes ago, badbillybob said:

give us a clue?

what temps have you got in there

what ec and ph are you feeding them at.

what is the relative humidity ?

water temps?

im also wondering how often you change the res  out completely, might be a build up of salts

my guess would be ph or feed related, but it also looks like you've had high temps in there, going off the black dog leaves.

Temps = around 20C

Ec varies from 1.2 to 0.8 and PH varies from the 5.9 to 6.6. I try to stay around 5.9 to 6.2. I add PH down or change res to correct PH or PPM.

HR 33% to 50%

water temps 19C

Res change every 3 weeks. I've gone 6 weeks without on previous grows. Discusting but no problem.

Changed res 4 days ago

Ph has been stable only went too high once in early veg

Black dog leaves have lushy dark green if thats what you mean. It's a trait on some OG's. Watch this black dog journal 

My air pump was on low for a while and put it back to high. I'm starting to think that was the problem

• Like 1

Its not the colour of the leaves on the black dog that make me think its been too hot, its the leaf shape. if you look at the top left one in your pic the edges are curled upwards, a classic sign of over heating.

can you post up a clear pic of the roots?

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 2

Mine ended up like this. Started going all fluffy. Smelt divine.. like funky, spicy pineapple.. I did mine in a multi strain grow with Black dog coincidentally.. Did 3 of em and they were much the same.. I did Grape Inferno as well.. I noticed the PAK didn’t like as much water as other 2 strains, mine were in soil and I noticed the smart pots to be water logged on a couple of occasions, when the other 2 strains were bone dry.. Hope ya sort it anyway.

• Like 3