AustrianToker

It's that time of year again.  :gossip: Welcome to my Sweet Seeds diary!

What a great pleasure it is to enter this comp once again! :D I do have a bit of a head start, as i started 6 photoperiod Sweet Seeds about a month ago, without knowing if the contest would take place. Unfortunately, most of the veg will be missing on the photoperiod as I will switch to flowering in the next couple of days.  BUT I have ordered some of the new automatic seeds and will be starting them in about a month time in a seperate space.   On the positive note, there will be buds appearing very soon in this diary. :naughty:   I will also be testing LED lighting and hope to document the progress with the autos in the seperate space (Bonanza).  I'm looking to convert completely to LEDs if it goes well.  In other words, this might be my last diary using HPS lighting (w. Photoperiods).

Current Setups:

• 1.2m Homebox / veg: 400wMH / flower: 600w HPS dual spec / 125 PK extract / passiv intake.  (Photoperiods)
  • Bonanza (115x70x160) / new LED (tbd) ~300w / 125 SP extract / passiv intake.  (Automatics)

Nutrients and Compost:

•  Intense Nutrients: Dirt
  • Plagron: Light mix, Growmix, Batmix

large.Intense.jpg

Photoperiod Strains:

• 2x Psicodelicia
  • 2x Gorilla Girl
  • 2x Do-Sweet-Dos

large.DSC03962.jpg

Automatic Strains:

• 4x Sweet Gelato Auto
  • 2x Sweet Cheese Auto XXL
  • 2x Jack 47 Auto XXL

(pictures soon)

I wish all of the contestant a wonderful time and as always, big thanks to the generous Sweet Seeds company and their team for hosting this great comp and making all this fun possible!  :yep:

Let the games begin! :boxing:

• Like 25

@AustrianTokker nice! A double whammy, look forward to this. My first experience with LED technology was an extremely positive one so I hope yours is as well, they are definitely the way forward. 

Best of luck with the competition!

• Like 7

they sound like a nice selection of strains you have got there.

im looking forward to seeing the xxl autos, and wish you the best of luck with your new LEDs

• Like 7

So let's introduce the girls! :wub:

All 6 of them have germed exactly 4 weeks ago without any issues and have been behaving well ever since. :)  No fuss during pot-ups (using OG granules) and gave each a topping about a week ago which they also enjoyed by the look of things.  :naughty:

I started them in Light Mix by Plagron until the final pot-up into 7L pots, where i mixed Grow Mix and Batmix together.  They have only been watered with plain tap water mixed with Foundation, which is a root stim.  That's it.  Ah, an occasional spray with Go+ during lights out.

Temps are good: 20-25c

Humidity good: 42-55%

I'm happy for now.  Btw, if you see any leaf tips missing or bite marks - Caused by my cat! She seems to enjoy the greens as well... ;)

Psicodelicia 1 

large.DSC03945.jpg

Psicodelicia 1

large.DSC03946.jpg

Psicodelicia 2

large.DSC03947.jpg

Psicodelicia 2

large.DSC03948.jpg

Gorilla Girl 1

large.DSC03949.jpg

Gorilla Girl 1

large.DSC03950.jpg

Gorilla Girl 2

large.DSC03951.jpg

Gorilla Girl 2

large.DSC03952.jpg

Do-Sweet-Dos 1

large.DSC03953.jpg

Do-Sweet-Dos 1

large.DSC03954.jpg

Do-Sweet-Dos 2

large.DSC03955.jpg

Do-Sweet-Dos 2

large.DSC03956.jpg

I hope you enjoyed the first introduction.  I have chosen Psicodelicia and Gorilla Girl because of good previous experiences. I've grown both strains multiple times and they keep coming back into my grow room.  They are both tasty and deliver a good high in their own ways. I also find them to be quite uniform.  Uniformity is not a trait I'm necessarily looking for, but when you keep getting good results - it's a plus.  Really looking forward to what Do-Sweet-Dos will offer. :yes:

• Like 21

Good luck mate looking great already, good to hear the gorilla girl has served you well in the past, going to be growing it myself soon along with the Do-Sweet-Dos :) 

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Exhale said:

@AustrianTokker nice! A double whammy, look forward to this. My first experience with LED technology was an extremely positive one so I hope yours is as well, they are definitely the way forward. 

Best of luck with the competition!

Good to hear about your experience with LED.  Been growing for about 10 years with hps and have followed the evolution of LEDs from the distance.  I believe the tech is now up to the job and worth the investment (atleast i hope).  Don't want to compromise on my current quality and total yield - my goal would be to equal or surpase that, while saving a little on watts.

47 minutes ago, tokenroll said:

@AustrianTokker welcome aboard and yeah this should be fun loads more people taking part and not just from uk420. Best of growing to you.

Toke...

Thanks, Toke!  I hadn't realized that we are now all competing against each other accross other forums.  Perhaps i should read the rules again (i might have skipped some parts) :doh:

38 minutes ago, badbillybob said:

they sound like a nice selection of strains you have got there.

im looking forward to seeing the xxl autos, and wish you the best of luck with your new LEDs

Cheers, Badbilly.  I currently have an sweet cheese xxl on the go (5weeks in).  she is truly the tallest auto i have ever had and budding up nicely.  I will start fresh ones in a few weeks and hope they turn out just like current one. 

33 minutes ago, Asterion said:

Good luck mate :yinyang:

Thanks, Asterion!

18 minutes ago, UKsFinest said:

Good luck mate looking great already, good to hear the gorilla girl has served you well in the past, going to be growing it myself soon along with the Do-Sweet-Dos :) 

Funny, but you are doing the inverse of my grow.  By starting with autos then followed by photos. Doing the opposite here. ;)    Gorilla Girl is a powerful lady...  you will like for sure!

• Like 10

That's nice to hear ,great start AT . LED's seem to be gaining popularity . Best of luck ,sure you'll keep a tidy garden . 

• Like 5

You wont regret the move the LED apart from when its really cold - trying to keep temps above 20 atm is hard when the lights dont put out much heat. 

• Like 6

Very best of luck in the competition @AustrianTokker , good to see the psicodelicia in your garden again, I ordered some last year after seeing you raving about her! Everything looks healthy, as always :yinyang:

• Like 4

Hi my friend, thanks for participating in our new contest, we hope yo enjoy it!

All the best and sweet smokes :)
jaypp

• Like 6

On 28.12.2019 at 8:42 PM, Michael Luchóg said:

That's nice to hear ,great start AT . LED's seem to be gaining popularity . Best of luck ,sure you'll keep a tidy garden . 

Thanks, Michael!  So far, the girl have been easy to manage - Let's hope it stays that way. 

Yeah, the LEDs are now gaining market and was sort of inevitable.  Seems like they improved a lot in the past years.  Much like automatic strains, they have made some big leaps ever since the release of the original Low Ryders about 15 years ago.  Those autos were shite, as were the first LEDs! lol

On 28.12.2019 at 8:46 PM, highgrower said:

You wont regret the move the LED apart from when its really cold - trying to keep temps above 20 atm is hard when the lights dont put out much heat. 

You gave me the confidence to make the conversion to LEDs.  If they don't match my expectations, it will be your fault. :upside:  tbh, i will be testing and comparing with the bonanza before fully commiting to replacing all my lights with LED - which would be 2 more (600 and 400w).

Still have a bit of time to choose the correct replacement though.

On 28.12.2019 at 9:25 PM, Openairbud said:

Very best of luck in the competition @AustrianTokker , good to see the psicodelicia in your garden again, I ordered some last year after seeing you raving about her! Everything looks healthy, as always :yinyang:

Thanks, Openairbud! Have you given the psicodelicia a try yet?  I did enjoy this strain very much during the summer and hope to refill my jars with some psico goodness again.  I've recently smoked some very nice lemon zkittle, which was also a very nice sativa energizer.  If you are looking for a upbeat sativa strain.

3 hours ago, Sweet Seeds -Jaypp said:

Hi my friend, thanks for participating in our new contest, we hope yo enjoy it!

All the best and sweet smokes :)
jaypp

What a joy it is to take part in the Sweet Seeds contest. :v:  Almost a tradition by now.

• Like 11

Cheers mate!

Welcome to the competition, once again ;)

A good start as usual, with super healthy plants and a great green tone :yep:

All the best to you and your diary. Sweet smokes! :oldtoker:

tommy

• Like 6

You don't do things by half do you? But I remember from your earlier diaries you remain relaxed and in control when there's lots going on and I'd probably be getting a bit frantic. When you said you're a snowboarder in the last competition, I thought that makes sense!

Those plants look very nice and healthy. I hope you like the Do-Sweet-Dos as much as the other two strains.

I am looking forward to seeing the autos when you get them up and running, especially the Sweet Gelato Autos because I will be growing one myself.

Good luck with the grow and contest!

• Like 4