Asterions tree

Asterion

Seedling is in the veg area now we are off :hippy:

large.20200101_142816-2656x1494.jpg

This is the space, it is 60x60 didn't measure headroom it is more then I will ever need. 35ml per hour fogger to keep humidity high. ( ignore current readings it's only just been turned on) 4" carbon filter and fan venting directly outside above the light. ( can't show for security reasons sorry) but it's just a basic 4" 107m3 and cheap swiftair filter.  30 litre dwc 2 golf ball airstones.

4" fan on the wall and a 6" ram clip on fan ( took the clip off and used the clip/stand from the 7" version) much better stood on the floor facing towards the fogger. If you ever decide to buy a ram fan for whatever reason get the 7" oscillating it's actually a very good fan the 6" is just a liability to be honest it's like nostril power. I only use it because it's there I wouldn't be buying another 6". Light is a 300watt 64000k cfl.

large.20200101_143000-2241x3984.jpg

I put an inch or 2 of pebbles in the net pot and raise the water level so it's just into the pot  the water is 20°. Then simply drop the seedling ontop and push the rest of the pebbles in that iv got on the lid. I find it easiest to just hold the cube and fill 1 side so it stands ok and then fill in the rest making sure to block any light from getting in the bucket. 

large.20200101_143751-3984x2241.jpg

Usually I would at least let the seedling be standing upright before I transplant. But I see people struggle with the when and how part of transplanting into dwc this is just to show it can be done from day 1.

No feeds or additives of any kind just 20° water it's 40ppm I will add nutrients in 5 or 6 days for now she has all she needs.

Edited by Asterion
Forgot nutrient information
  • Like 16

39 minutes ago, Asterion said:

Cheers mate looking forward to filling the space up with this 1 

Love DWC, shouldn't take too long to fill the space.

Was you gona train?

• Like 5

I'm planning to stay in veg for around 10week so I have to train from as early as possible. Longest iv gone so far in this space is 7 week with quite alot of training. Il start when we at 3rd node I think.

• Like 5

Hoping I can keep the growth rate down with an excess of brutality lol. Don't think I'd have a chance if I was vegging under hps should be ok with cfl ( I think) :hippy:

Edited by Asterion
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Asterion said:

should be ok with cfl

The plant will tell you when it needs more light, but as your in quite a tight area I think your'll get away with a CFL, at the very least for a few weeks. If that seedling looks like its gona stretch you might wanna get the CFL a bit closer, if that's it in the picture. 

• Like 4

It's almost ontop of it now mate just raised for the pic. I like the cfl for veg bit slow but plants seem to thrive under it. Could do with an upgrade in the future though.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Asterion said:

It's almost ontop of it now mate just raised for the pic. I like the cfl for veg bit slow but plants seem to thrive under it. Could do with an upgrade in the future though.

I'm using a TS600 its gonna be my veg light next run been using it for the whole grow throughout and its impressed me so far for such a small light if your veg space is only small like 60x60 this will cover it well only 70 odd quid and the spectrum is good.

• Like 5

Nice to see her standing up and showing off her (so far) slender trunk - she'll be a bit fatter after 10 weeks DWC veg!

I've not tried Do-Sweet-Dos or any of the cookies type strains but they sound very interesting to me. I hope you end up with something you like, and I wish you luck with the grow and competition :yep:

• Like 4

day 7

large.20200107_171616-2241x3984-2196x3904.jpg

Nothing to add really just updating as it's end of week 1. Temp 28° and rh 40% won't be long before I can start training her :yep:

• Like 11