Soil for Cannabis and vegetables?

skidmarx

Quick update...

Its been a week since added 50mg crushed oytster shell. I added some LAB aswell just to help along. I have the two 30L batches in box and bag. And it whiffs like a farm yard

I plan to culll a few extra cannabis seedlings next week so with batch no.1 nearly a month old, I'll plant them in it for a trial run.

For the pepper seedlings I have sieved my old lightmix and will mix it 50/50 with the Clack as them pepper for safety sake.

I will do 48o aireated worm casting tea and mux with everything especially my unopend 20L bag of worm castings just incase they are under par.

Happy Growing.

• 2 weeks later...

The peppers are coming along nicely couldn't upload their pics today.

Did manage to uplaod pics of the first and second soil batches.

You'll notice the rice husks are less noticable in the older one My worm farm is going well but slow. I bubble the small amounts I get overnight then foliar spay and moisten this pair.

Trial period to come in next month.

Happy growing

large.1month5.jpglarge.Living5.jpgPeppers9.jpg

I have to add calcium to my compost, I made my own then found I don't have the confidence to experiment so I gave up thinking about organic. since I found out about the calcium thing my grow has improved no ends and I keep it very simple.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
Trying out potting things up with the Clackasmas soil plus some worms. For vegatbles I used 1/2 Clack with 1/2 compost from bin and some hydroton in bottom.

For Cannabis I used all Clack with same hydroton.
Watered with EWC bubbled for 24o with pinch of Basalt and Molasses
Bellow are:
3 pepper plants and one tomato potted up to 4L (I'm low on soil ) I have put them in square auto pots (I would like to get some use out of the system as I dont run synthetic anymore.)

Plus the 1 Charlottes Web x Ringo's Gift shes been looking a bit pale but has vigourous growth.

R.I.P. Charlotte sleep easy in heaven.

Happy growing all. Stay safe. Eat well.
large.Autopot_compress61.jpglarge.5e920e67575b9_Compostwormsnd_compress9.jpglarge.Litemicks_compress79.jpglarge.Yougpepper_compress86.jpglarge.C.G.roots-1_compress36.jpglarge.CharlottesGift_compress24.jpglarge.3peppers1tomato_compress90.jpg
Edited by skidmarx
  • Like 2

Four peppers are in 8L pots. Four Tomatoes are in 16L pots.

I have two types of peppers one tall one squat. Both are showing a small problem on their top older leaves. Pale discoloration which could be excess P or fluctuations in temperature extreme both of which are feasible. 

I put half the soil for the 30L fabric pots into each and put some crimson clover just to really help the microbial activity before the outdoor placement and planting. The crimson is very happy:toldya:

Put the heat mat back underneath them overnight and kept them out of full Sun this afternoon.

The two type of tomatoes Berbers and Cindel. Both Fcking loving the soil and full Sun. The Charlotte cross is loving the soil too I will get a good photo on those next update.

Happy growing

large.IMG_20200417_174046853.jpglarge.IMG_20200417_1123096_rewind.jpglarge.IMG_20200417_1123037_rewind.jpg

large.IMG_20200417_1122359_rewind.jpg

• Like 2

No It looks a bit like nute burn. They are generally very well and vibrant that last pic makes it look real sick. I will only feed rain water or R.O. for the foreseeable.

Time will tell N.

One of the reason I persevered with uploading pics is just to give visual pictogram to help others. Well wait and see what happens.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Coming along nicely fingers crossed for the next few weeks. Some fella on a u.s. forum told me add activated bio char for moisture retention and fullers earth to help cation exchange capacity. Ill be continuing that.

large.5f5c70e2f017f_Screenshot_2020-09-12-07-43-59(1).png

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

So the clack worked very well for weed but shite for veg.

BE SAFE AT YOUR SPOT!

As important as your security please...

BEWARE SLIPS FALL AND EYE POKES FROM ROSES AND FUCKING BRAMBLES. 

Came close a couple of times and the thought of booking myself into a+e in a fucking pandemic and the time off of work I'd have needed help me keep this grow in perspective. 

large.Screenshot_20201012-152340.pnglarge.Screenshot_2020-10-12-15-31-21.png

• Like 2