Which Press

edwardio

Not even German assembled. They claim it's 'designed in Germany'. If you look at the pics carefully @QuintinQuick the connections to the plates looks pants.

I've contacted them a couple of times and responses have been slow and a bit generalised unlike dabpress who were quick and informative.

I've just gone the @Arthur Mix way and shelled out £600 for a decent ISH 10t press and all the electronic elements Arthur details. I have no doubt this will be a far better and more reliable bit of kit, and I will also have a press for workshop (well, that's what I keep telling myself!)

The dabpress kits do look v compact but they are not in stock and life's too short to wait and see if they ever restock Europe.....

Good luck!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, M Pamplemousse said:

Not even German assembled.

Ahh, seemed too good to be true - the Graveda - and does look like the chinese ones available on Alibaba and other import sites.

Good luck with the build - would like to see some photos when complete.

I'm gunna be needing a new press when I have a decent amount of home grown to squash - will look into it more carefully and maybe go down the @Arthur Mix route, too.

Take it easy dude :) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, QuintinQuick said:

Ahh, seemed too good to be true - the Graveda - and does look like the chinese ones available on Alibaba and other import sites.

Good luck with the build - would like to see some photos when complete.

I'm gunna be needing a new press when I have a decent amount of home grown to squash - will look into it more carefully and maybe go down the @Arthur Mix route, too.

Take it easy dude :) 

Sound interestinng.  What is the @arthurmix route ?

I’ve had the Dabpress 6 ton personal (left in pic)

large.F1E8323E-FFFD-4364-A442-EA49264EA0ED.jpeg

Worked very well but was replaced by Sasquash M1 (right). Obviously completely different presses, but the Dabpress is a great press to get you started, especially for the price. Bought mine from China through their site but it was sent from their EU warehouse and arrived in just a few days.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, PureSmkr said:

I’ve had the Dabpress 6 ton personal (left in pic)

large.F1E8323E-FFFD-4364-A442-EA49264EA0ED.jpeg

Worked very well but was replaced by Sasquash M1 (right). Obviously completely different presses, but the Dabpress is a great press to get you started, especially for the price. Bought mine from China through their site but it was sent from their EU warehouse and arrived in just a few days.

Looks really good.  I think that's what I need.  A good solid starter press.

• 1 month later...
On 8/2/2020 at 9:16 PM, QuintinQuick said:

I've been using the small Rosinbomb Rocket press for a while with no problems. It is compact and easy to store and transport, has reasonable sized plates, warms up quick and so far has been very reliable

I notice they are around £500 now, sure I paid around £350 a couple of years ago. Found it more hassle than worth at first, and it caned my weed - but since giving up baccy, working out how to get best returns and buying an Enail I realised concentrates are the future :) (for me).

The Rocket press is criticized for lack of power, around 1500lb/700kg - but I return 20% from decent bud, 10-15% from shit bud - 100-120C / 90-120secs. I give it a heavy prepress using a section of pipe, 2 round headed bolts and a hammer - it makes nice little round 5g pucks that I place inside a section of nylon mesh - I buy the long cylinder mesh socks and cut them into 5-6cm lengths and fold the ends over each side of and totally enclosing the puck, before holding it inside a folded sheet of rosin-paper - use decent, thick paper, not greaseproof stuff from the supermarket, you can reuse the decent paper, the shit paper just rips too easy.

710 Dude :)

Revised highest temp - now 105'C and will go down to 75'C with very nice fresh bud :) 

• 1 month later...

Anyone try the dulytek 7ton.  Looks a good price and they have them in stock for the UK which is a plus. Look similar to the dabpress which I would love but can't find any about.

People seemed to have issues with some dulytech presses , from either non programmed pids or dodgy seals on hydraulics..dab press seems to be the best off the shelf at the moment .

• Like 2

@Arthur Mix Dabpress have been out of stock for months, and it appears that they're vague responding to emails in regards to restocking ETA. 

So given that, what are the current best options for UK available plug and play units? Or failing that - plates and a press? I ask because having looked at some from scratch DIY builds - it is probably a bit beyond what most people would feel comfortable doing/have tools for. 

E2A: sod it I'm going to create a thread

Edited by Nervous

You can get plates pre drilled From China websites. All the heaters pids and thermocouple good ones are in my how to build thread. The switches etc are still available although not from maplins Now. 
They are available elsewhere and wire the same way. I’m always happy to help if it’s using instructions I posted. Like the same process controller as I understand those ones better. 

• Like 1

@Arthur Mix I appreciate your threads about DIY builds but I'm specifically just after info about plug and play units - where I am presently I haven't even got basic tools and I think a lot of people like the idea of having warranty or a company to rely on as a safety net if things go tits up 

Edited by Nervous

Just so people know whatever parts you buy to diy have a warranty like the heaters, thermocouple and pids, that’s why I used a UK company for the the components . The plates not much can go wrong with them . People get worried but the parts are covered if you keep proof of purchase .

Looking at the pics above of the Sasquatch press is it a hydraulic bottle jack like most others? Why do these command such a high price? Hmmm

Also seen one called Mean Green Machines that look similar and cost a lot, they are off the shelf ready to go units but almost triple the price of dabpress.  

• Like 2

@lildaveham some just like to pay a premium for the same tech. You may remember the Sasquatch v1 that only had bottom plates heated and thermocouple was right next to heaters ? After people documented two heaters per plate and thermocouple opposite ends and not on top of heaters sasquatch suddenly changes the way he made his .. do people realise you can get the cheap pids used by most press makers for under £10 each ? Even the Sasquatch ones are pretty budget pids. Has anyone ever checked the programming of their units ? lol 

• Like 2