Which Press

edwardio

8 hours ago, Faetheshire said:

Was speaking to Roger at Dabpress this morning about Items not available through European warehouse, looks like they are going to start listing more products on the big river uk site. Did say though it would not be for a few months, might be better to wait and see what appears on there. As for press recommendation, I have got 10t driptech press from Dabpress and have to say for the money you will not find better quality imo. 

I was emailing Steve at dabpress, I might not wait since the driptech is in stock in the EU warehouse but I'll be watching big River now. Nice one 

:bong:

Obie 

15 hours ago, Oldbear said:

I was emailing Steve at dabpress, I might not wait since the driptech is in stock in the EU warehouse but I'll be watching big River now. Nice one 

:bong:

Obie 

Go for it mate, with no import duties and the pound relatively high against the dollar it’s a win win. Happy days 

• 1 month later...

Welcome to the internet 

When people say that, they are usually referring to an online retailer called Amazon 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 3/25/2020 at 0:17 PM, NuVista said:

What about the RosinBomb Rocket?

That seems like a good allround kit for the price

I've been using the small Rosinbomb Rocket press for a while with no problems. It is compact and easy to store and transport, has reasonable sized plates, warms up quick and so far has been very reliable

I notice they are around £500 now, sure I paid around £350 a couple of years ago. Found it more hassle than worth at first, and it caned my weed - but since giving up baccy, working out how to get best returns and buying an Enail I realised concentrates are the future :) (for me).

The Rocket press is criticized for lack of power, around 1500lb/700kg - but I return 20% from decent bud, 10-15% from shit bud - 100-120C / 90-120secs. I give it a heavy prepress using a section of pipe, 2 round headed bolts and a hammer - it makes nice little round 5g pucks that I place inside a section of nylon mesh - I buy the long cylinder mesh socks and cut them into 5-6cm lengths and fold the ends over each side of and totally enclosing the puck, before holding it inside a folded sheet of rosin-paper - use decent, thick paper, not greaseproof stuff from the supermarket, you can reuse the decent paper, the shit paper just rips too easy.

710 Dude :)

• Like 1

I've been researching rosin presses too. For my first machine, I've got my eye on the following machines:

Devil Press DS2000

I've only seen one video of the Devil Press DS2000 and it's from the manufacturer.  It's a bit pricey but from a UK company means it should be good in terms of customer support and don't have to ship it internationally.  Has anyone heard of this machine or used it?

Graveda 5 ton press

Have heard a few people taking about the Graveda machines but to be honest I don't really know much about the company.

Dab Press 6 Ton Personal

Out of the presses I've been looking at, the Dab Press machines get the most praise.  In terms of build quality and performance they are getting great reviews.  So this is my number 1 choice.  Only issue is that the EU warehouse is months away from re-stocking.

• Like 1

The £260 Graveda 5t is half the price of the Dabpress, free 2-3 day shipping, German made and in stock - I'm so tempted!!!!!!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, QuintinQuick said:

The £260 Graveda 5t is half the price of the Dabpress, free 2-3 day shipping, German made and in stock - I'm so tempted!!!!!!

Yes, it looks like a nice machine. 

They also have a 10 ton press:

https://graveda.de/shop/en/rosin-presses/57/graveda-10-ton-rosin-press-with-a-hydraulic-cylinder-heating-plates-12-x-6-cm

:smokin:

Edited by Spaced Invader
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Spaced Invader said:

I've been researching rosin presses too. For my first machine, I've got my eye on the following machines:

Devil Press DS2000

https://www.devilpress.co.uk/product/devil-press-ds-2000-11-5cm-x-12cm-manual-rosin-press-machine

I've only seen one video of the Devil Press DS2000 and it's from the manufacturer.  It's a bit pricey but from a UK company means it should be good in terms of customer support and don't have to ship it internationally.  Has anyone heard of this machine or used it?

Graveda 5 ton press

https://graveda.de/shop/en/rosin-presses/81/graveda-5-ton-rosin-press-with-a-hydraulic-cylinder-heating-plates-12-x-6-cm?c=34

Have heard a few people taking about the Graveda machines but to be honest I don't really know much about the company.

Dab Press 6 Ton Personal

https://www.dabpress.com/products/personal-hydraulic-rosin-press-kit?variant=19756509921353

Out of the presses I've been looking at, the Dab Press machines get the most praise.  In terms of build quality and performance they are getting great reviews.  So this is my number 1 choice.  Only issue is that the EU warehouse is months away from re-stocking.

Edited by Spaced Invader
Added links. Sorry for repost. Not sure what happened.
  • Like 1