Nervous

@Ranec Thanks! 

Aha yeah I overthought it at first. Currently using a 5L bucket with holes in lined with an old 220 micron bag containing the coco and bioponic mix. Currently trying to think of a better method because the constant trickling sound is doing my head in. 

My previous attempts have shown that it doesn't like drippers or misters... although I haven't tried them with the new nutes. 

Soon as the plants get a bit bigger and I have something more glamorous than a bucket on the go I'll get on the photos! 

• Like 1

GBL bioponics experiment MKI: FAILURE

So conversely to what I have experienced previously, the biofilter reached a decent level of efficiency in 1 week as opposed to the usual 4 ish. Ended up burning the plants (it's not quite as hard to do in BP as in soil). I'm going to restart the test with a smaller biofilter and a weaker level of nutrients.  

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

hi it's one of the very few topics mentioning Biothrive line. in my country they are called Terra Aquatica with very similar npk values.

im tired of hand watering organic nutes for many plants and found out blumats for automated watering. then i searched for an organic nutrient line to use with it. what most people do is to get biotabs line and prepare the lightmix soil initially set up the blumats and run the reservoir with plai water alon with hand watering some compost teas and pk booster couple of times in flowering. 

but it seems hard to manage as the organic nutes are slow release and i grow autos. T.A pro organic line looks amazing and they say its completely water soluable and okay to use even with gravity fed drip systems as long as the water is recirculated through a biofilter. my question is if its possible to run blumats in light mix soil and the nutes in reservoir without biofilter and recirculating. Doesnt the biolife create itself in the medium? why do i need a biofilter since i do have medium?

would it work?

hi it's one of the very few topics mentioning Biothrive line. in my country they are called Terra Aquatica with very similar npk values.

im tired of hand watering organic nutes for many plants and found out blumats for automated watering. then i searched for an organic nutrient line to use with it. what most people do is to get biotabs line and prepare the lightmix soil initially set up the blumats and run the reservoir with plai water alon with hand watering some compost teas and pk booster couple of times in flowering. 

but it seems hard to manage as the organic nutes are slow release and i grow autos. T.A pro organic line looks amazing and they say its completely water soluable and okay to use even with gravity fed drip systems as long as the water is recirculated through a biofilter. my question is if its possible to run blumats in light mix soil and the nutes in reservoir without biofilter and recirculating. Doesnt the biolife create itself in the medium? why do i need a biofilter since i do have medium?

would it work?

would it work?