Nervous

water fall and seaweed to oxygenate the water in case of power outs? 

guess it would be a size thing too

i’ve seen it done with salad veg etc but nothing much bigger

just for shits and giggles really if you had the room :) 

43 minutes ago, FarmerPalmersNT said:

I've made a demo setup for this with tilapia for a local college. Worked well, but you do need to feed the fish first, which feeds the plants second. Not sure how well it'd do with canna. 

Love the idea of this for curiosity's sake but sounds like something that could go wrong quickly with little provocation? Presumably a few hours of power cut would be pretty dire. 

People have mixed results with it. A lot of different variables including the type and size of fish. 

Yeah BP is like having an extremely needy girlfriend.

18 minutes ago, twigs said:

water fall and seaweed to oxygenate the water in case of power outs? 

guess it would be a size thing too

i’ve seen it done with salad veg etc but nothing much bigger

just for shits and giggles really if you had the room :) 

Have you grown seaweed before? I wouldn't mind having a crack at it! 

Yeah salad is surprisingly versatile, most plants do not like aquatic environments. I drove past a 1000L IBC tank earlier - I think the experimenting bug has hit me again 

• Like 2

i’ve been seriously thinking about it as a business, for shell fish too! and it’s somthing that may pop up on the radar next year.. but it’s mrs twigs thing really, i’m just latching on for the plants sake lol

so we’ll see how her sea life career pans out first and maybe add to it, hopefully :stoned: 

change is constant.! 

Skin up time! :skin_up:

funny enough, lettuce i think, is the only thing that will grow with 100% sea water (on a slightly different note) 

Edited by twigs
  • Like 1

ive not seen an aquaponics (fish)  grow of cannabis get finished.

The most common  complaint being that the fish do not produce enough nutrient for the main stage of bloom, leaving plants looking pretty poor.

Never heard of bioponics if im honest, and would like to see a pic of your set up, if possible?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, badbillybob said:

ive not seen an aquaponics (fish)  grow of cannabis get finished.

The most common  complaint being that the fish do not produce enough nutrient for the main stage of bloom, leaving plants looking pretty poor.

Never heard of bioponics if im honest, and would like to see a pic of your set up, if possible?

I will get on this as soon as the space becomes habitable! 

Meanwhile, there are some examples on Youtube. David Epstein has some pretty good videos. 

great, luv breeder steve but seems like a long way to go; and people say no-till/living soil is long!

cant argue with true organic canna being the best by far though:thumsup:

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I've just found a brand of nutrients called Green Buzz Liquids. Seen a few grow diaries with good results after an initial search.  

Apparently... "Kept in an irrigation tank Organic Grow liquid keeps for at least 2 weeks without going bad (6 months if a biofilter is used)"

:woot: !!! If it's not total :soap: , my prayers have been answered. 

Organic coco/soil nutrient that works with biofilters. Doesn't even cost that much. 

There must be a catch... 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Nervous said:

I've just found a brand of nutrients called Green Buzz Liquids. Seen a few grow diaries with good results after an initial search.  

Apparently... "Kept in an irrigation tank Organic Grow liquid keeps for at least 2 weeks without going bad (6 months if a biofilter is used)"

:woot: !!! If it's not total :soap: , my prayers have been answered. 

Organic coco/soil nutrient that works with biofilters. Doesn't even cost that much. 

There must be a catch... 

Well, there is only one way to find out -get some and do a grow. 

why would you need to mix up enough to keep in  an irrigation tank in the first place? or am I missing something, I honestly don't know. 

I hope it works out for you, if you do a diary give a shout to us please mate.

Much as I love my hydro, I do love the taste of organically grown weed.

• Like 1

@badbillybob, might be a while before I can grow again but when the weather improves I'll certainly  have a crack at using it in the greenhouse. 

If you're using a biofilter, you constantly cycle your reservoir through it. It breaks down the organic feed so it's in s form that the plant can immediately use, allowing you to get similar positive effects on growth and yield from using organic nutes (that you would usually get from growing in coco with normal nutes). 

No worries. I'm so fucking excited to try this line I might just make a mini windowsill reservoir and biofilter and crack on with some cucumbers. 

Edited by Nervous
  • Like 2

4 days in, GBL has been feeding my sweet pepper seedlings and a cucumber. 

Using RO water, I have experienced next to no PH fluctuations since the initial mixing and the reservoir smells like fresh compost. 

:smug: this could be promising.  

• Like 1

Kudos bud :yep:

I was thinking about bioponics only the other day as it happens, mostly how to connect the digester to a res (piss easy once you stop overthinking things lol) and what would be the best hydro system to use with it..  :skin_up: