Cream of the Crop - November 2019

Joolz

Cream of the Crop - November 2019  

191 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Here it is! Our 187th Cream of the Crop competition in our quest to find the very best pictures posted at UK420 every month.

Voting closes at midnight 31st of December

Below is the short list chosen by the uk420 staff from last months nominations, for you our community members to vote on as the best or most interesting picture uploaded.

All the pictures short listed will get a permanent place in the Cream Of The Crop forum in Members Budshots.

There are a few more choices this month as so many great photos were nominated it seemed a shame to leave any out :)

The Prize's for this months outright winner is this awesome prize from Intense Nutrients

large.I.N-competition-600x150.jpg

For information about how to nominate your photos please click below

InTheSystem - Chocolate Mint OG
large.cmog-bud.jpg.f954325a964680d385d96

GreenVision - OGKZ
large_OGKZ.JPG.7816ee0eb8c74a35fbf9f063d

SubSpecies - Below: Is Green Gold Hash (left hash) compared to Affiedaze Hash (right hash)
large.5dc1d3509b513_Affiedaze(18).jpg.c2

Rampa Green - Smellyberry
large.845207CC-9CFF-4E6F-B318-510BD1F151

Dr feelgood - blueberry cookies wax extract
large.DSC00214.JPG.6d8fb0b41abafd82acbaa

OLaC - blunicorn

large.blunicorn.jpg.6517d22a7a0ae50f2acd

Exhale - Quick Critical+

large.20191119_211942-1593x1195.jpg.a37f

seb88 - Northern Lights

large.IMG_9534-3050x2207.JPG.a209e8606a1

Smokebelch - Seedism Milk 
large.P1260044.jpg.313837328d744bf6b0868

trichomehi - orange bud

large.crop1.JPG.a1af0db0a90368614c4f502a

Leafneck - Ocean grown cookies

large._DSC0366-01_compress69.jpg.325b601

@InTheSystem @GreenVision @SubSpecies @Rampa Green @Dr feelgood @OLaC @Exhale @seb88 @Smokebelch @trichomehi @Leafneck

• Like 13

First time Cream of the crop for me, thanks a lot for the nomination :)

Some great photos by everyone to be fair.. My vote has to go to @OLaC - Quality pic and colours residing in those trichomes mate.

• Like 5

Irie Bless who nominated my hash pic!! Thank you!! Really glad you like it, the buds are Affidaze by RGSC in the pic. Screen is 100 micron.

WOW iv just won last months Cream Of The Crop for Outdoor Blue Cheese too!! It's all happening :yinyang:

But please, don't let me win again though, not fair on the others :yinyang: But if  i do then i'll let the prize go to 2nd place, deal?

Respect UK420 Crew!!

SubS

:yinyang::bong::yinyang:

Edited by SubSpecies
  • Like 7

Every photo this month is a cracker. Well done to all, happy days :)

I have to go for OLaC, absolutely stunning photo. I would have that one on my wall.

• Like 4

Thanks so much for the nomination, well chuffed! Thanks for the kind words everyone who's commented on the pic, it's really appreciated. 

it's a focus stack of 20 images if I remember  at 4.5x magnification taken a few days before the chop on week 11 flower.

Edited by OLaC
  • Like 7

Wow some great pics. Olacs blunicorn is for sure the best pic here for me but in the systems is a very close second :yep:

• Like 3

@OLaC eveyday we see some amazing bud shots, but its not everyday we see such beautiful explicit detail as this. Clever photography, stacking you say? interesting technique, just lernt about it, thats how you got such clean clarity with your pic right? Good stuff & good luck bro!

Respect to all entries, sooo hard to choose!!Everyone at least deserves a big smoke!!

Well done everyone  :yinyang:

Edited by SubSpecies
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, SubSpecies said:

@OLaC eveyday we see some amazing bud shots, but its not everyday we see such beautiful explicit detail as this. Clever photography, stacking you say? interesting technique, just lernt about it, thats how you got such clean clarity with your pic right? Good stuff & good luck bro!

Respect to all entries, sooo hard to choose!!Everyone at least deserves a big smoke!!

Well done everyone  :yinyang:

Thanks mate, loving the crazy calyxus on your entry this month! Wild!

Focus Stacking is a bit of an elaborate technique but really useful when tackling the razor thin plane of focus your dealing with at those magnifications. The camera and lens are mounted on a focus rail.

You take a shot, move the camera and lens down the rail ever so slightly and take another shot and repeat until everything you want is in focus, then stack those shots in Photoshop or dedicated stacking software.

If anyone wants to try the technique (and has Photoshop) it doesn't have to be that elaborate.

If you have adequate light, put on your macro lens, set to burst mode, then try leaning forward slightly whilst pressing the shutter. 

It takes some practice but if I'm shooting macro in the field it's what I do as usually the subjects long gone before I can setup the rail and tripod lol. You only need 3-5 shots to make it work.

Import all photos to Photoshop  as layers then highlight them all.

Edit > align all images

Edit > stack images (choose focus stacking)

Then wait. (Can't take a while depending on amount of images, age of computer. Etc).

• Like 7

Nice, sounds great, and quite easy, will def give it try. Iv got a GTX1080Ti Ryzen watercooled PC... couple of seconds job should be done :yep: Thanks OLaC, peace brother  :yinyang: One Love :bong:

• Like 2