Critical 2.0 + 1800w!

Leafneck

Thanks tric :skin_up:trying out some smaller pots on my Wilma with this one but instead of using standard 18 litre squares I'm trying fabrics or air pots at 12 litres. 

• Like 4

@Leafneck it must be down to the temps mate it's the only thing that's different to my setup and mine seem to be thriving in there new environment 

until next time peace out 

• Like 4

Criticals are doing well. Going to call this the end of week 1 veg. 

I like to class my 1st day of veg when she goes from jiffy to pot so she can stretch her legs. 

large.IMG_20191201_194913_compress52.jpglarge.IMG_20191201_194919_compress35.jpg

I had to buy a 2ft tube heater to use along side my 1ft tube heater which was perfect for the lights out period in the summer months but the 2ft is definetly need now winter is here. 

Temps have been 20 lights on

And 16-17 lights out. 

Not alot I can do about that but they seem happy enough. 

They get the flower room end of next week so under a 250w hps bulb and topping can commence. 

I have been feeding 

2ml plant start And 1ml root stim per litre of 18 degree water pH to 5.9

150ml every 24 hours. 

Also using the evolution Foliation spray when I go check on the girls, they love that stuff. 

Untill next time, take care 

• Like 6

Cheers bud, hopefully be potting up to finals in 10 days. Still undecided on the 15 litre fabrics or 12.5 litre air pots :unsure:

• Like 4

@Leafneck

Highly recommend air pots. Jiffy plug -> 1 litre air pot -> 9 litre air pot

Killer roots!

Fabric pots are good too but prefer air pots. Water them slowly and evenly :)

edit: looking great at week 1 veg. Keep it up!

Edited by Nature
  • Like 5

@Nature I'm replacing a 18 litre standard square pot so a 12.5 litre airpot should be more than equal?

Also I usually feed on a single 4mm drip line to the centre of pot, will a t peice  coming from that single 4mm line to create 2 x 4mm drip line be sufficient? I could use dripper stakes too if they are any good? 

I'm on a automatic feeding system so multiple feeds can be given as often as needed, how many times over a 24 hour period on average with air pots?

Cheers dude. 

• Like 5

Plants are looking good, especially considering the low temps mate :yep: 

I'm a full air-pot convert, can't recommend them enough. Reckon you'll be grand with two 4mm open lines (use air pots and you can slot them through the holes!). I found that even with my pump turned all the way down my flow rate was a bit high with the open lines so I've opted for shorter, more frequent feedings (4 feeds of 2.5 mins) - the plants have exploded into growth. I've checked regularly and the pots seem to be nice and evenly saturated. 

I'm using 4 x 9l airpots per 1.2m² - as long as you have ability to program multiple feeds I'd go with @Nature's advice and use these as finals rather than the 12.5 litres. 

Keep up the good work man 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Leafneck said:

I'm replacing a 18 litre standard square pot so a 12.5 litre airpot should be more than equal?

Perfect mate :yep:

You'll be using less medium and getting way more productivity from the air-pots  ;)

Win-Win  :headbang:

Nice steady veg growth, just what we want to see  ;)

Looking good in here  :cheers:

All the best :bong:

Mark..

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Barry Quest said:

I'm using 4 x 9l airpots per 1.2m²

This is spot on. 4 9l airports cover a 1.2m² area perfectly. Upscale that as much as you wish

12l pots will work too but a little oversized for coco in my opinion, not necessary unless you plan to grow absolute monsters. 

One 4mm line split into two lines with a T-peice is definitely enough to cover a 9l pot if you water slowly, the coco absorbs it like a sponge and keeps the whole medium saturated. Even just one 4mm line does the job if you water slowly enough. Water too fast and you'll get too much run off/waste.

Would water once per day in early veg (once roots are established) then up to twice per day in late veg/flower once they are drinking more. Two hours after lights on and two hours before lights off works well. Can do 3 waters per day if you wish but not necessary. Could do 3 times per day if watering smaller amounts each time. Prefer to give them a decent watering so that you get 10-20% run off, to help flush any salt buildup. You will get salt buildup towards the end of flower unless flushing enough water through.

Hope that helps :)

• Like 5

I'm going for critical 2.0s and they are monsters anyway so I think what I will do is use 4 x 9l and 4 x 12.5 litre air pots for comparison. I have 2m height but I loose abit of that due to Wilma res, then pot height then light distance from top of plants so I like the plant to get to about 1m after stretch.. I've just wrote that while telling myself 10 times just stick to 9 litres lollol

I'm excited to get this grow well under way, please carry on dropping by through out and giving me any pointers on this grow. I'm happy to learning. 

1 last question, do you feel the need to out tights around the pot as a bug barrier? 

I had spring tails in my pots in the cookies grow and didn't even know lol

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Leafneck said:

I've just wrote that while telling myself 10 times just stick to 9 litres lollol

1 last question, do you feel the need to out tights around the pot as a bug barrier?

Honestly 9l air pots are more than enough with coco. 12l is not necessary in your situation but wouldn't cause any problems either if you can control plant height well. Find that a 9l pot will fill with roots without too much veg time needed which is nice, helps to keep plant height from getting out of control too.

Air pots and coco really helps the roots make use of that space efficiently so you can grow huge plants in smaller pots in my opinion, as the roots are getting fresh nutrients and oxygen daily. No need for big pots unless you're only doing 1 or 2 plants per 1.2m space

Never used or felt the need to use tights as bug protection, wouldn't worry about anything getting in the holes! Spring tails are common in coco from my experience and never caused a problem for me. If you get nasty bugs then it was not due to the air pots, it was your environment and other factors to blame. They will infest your room regardless of your pot type or if you did/didn't have tights around the pots.

• Like 2

Thanks for your time and your detailed replies! 

I think Im won over by the air pots over the fabrics for this grow, I will get a digital timer for the feeding as appose to the 15 minute segment one Ive been using as it gives greater control over every second.. I'll have to have a play around with the feeding incase my drip lines push the water out a little quickly I may have to do more frequent feeds for shorter times.. I'll soon find out I suppose. 

I was reading a few people use the tights as bug barriers and it also helps the water not escape the holes or something lol

Forgive the 100 questions, thanks for your help 

• Like 3

@Leafneck

Digital timer is definitely needed to properly dial in your watering schedule. They are cheap enough to buy. Measure how much water comes out your line in 1 minute and then use that measurement to dial in how many minutes required per watering. See how many minutes it takes to fill a 1 litre water bottle or measuring jug for example.

Water will not be pouring out the air pot holes if you are using coco and watering slowly with feed lines. This only really happens in soil when the soil dries out too much. Been there, done that, fuck using soil and air pots, it can get messy real fast!

• Like 4