Gorilla breath dwc, topping, lst and scrog

@Sid the sloth I'm so sorry I didn't know this I've been off the site so long I haven't heard anything, I hope Mark is doing as best as he can right now whatever the circumstances may be, he's a good guy, thanks for your advice I reckon that's the plan I'm going to go down aswell as I have no problems with my usual method

• Like 2

Given I have been out of growing for around a year and I really want to have a decent outcome I've decided to leave the dwc, topping, lst and scrog to a future date where I can have more time to get things right and am going to stick to my usual method of hempy buckets but this time instead of perlite in the res and fytocell on top, it'll be perlite in the res and coco on top, mainly because fytocell has become quite hard to source, greens hydroponics aren't selling any just now and I can only find it on ebay but not sure if I trust the quality so I'm going to go to my local hydro shop today and pick up some supplies, plan is to use A N sensi grow and bloom coco ph perfect nutes with some root stim through veg and perhaps a bottle of cal mag as I've heard coco likes to hold onto these nutrients, I will still be doing some lst and possibly topping aswell but I plan to keep it a fairly simple straightforward grow, I only have 4 beans but I'm confident in 100% germination from hso, they will be soaked in root it plugs with a mild root stim solution and kept in a heated prop untill ready to transplant into coco pots

Back from the grow shop now, picked up some perlite, canna coco professional plus, A N sensi coco grow ph perfect, root it mild nutrition for seeds and seedlings, I have soaked the root it plugs in some root it solution (5ml per litre) and have them soaking in a heated propagator untill the water gets to a luke warm temp, I will then put the seeds into the cubes and leave in the propagator untill the are ready for potting up

That's it under way now, propagator is running nicely, I got the tent set up and filled the pots in prep for the seedlings ( I will be starting them in smaller pots but I like to be prepared) I'm doing hempy bucket style with 14l buckets and the hole is about 2inches from the bottom, I have perlite in the bottom upto the hole, a 1 inch layer of fytocell to help with wicking and then a mix of canna professional plus coco, fytocell and perlite upto the top, also considering doing a 24hour lights on veg for this grow to keep temps more stable through the winter, not much else to show now I'm afraid, once they start popping and are in their pots I'll update and post their progress

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi guys sorry this has been a pretty shit grow journal tbh, truth be told I don't have the app to resize pics just now and the past few months I lost my dog and then my grandpa so this grow has just been a pretty straightforward left to do it's thing while I keep the pots wet kind of thing, my original plan has deviated way off but in all honesty the plants haven't bothered at all, they're all doing really well and 2 weeks into flower now, the only thing I've done is remove some fan leaves to open up bud sites and that's it, I'll try and get some photos up soon and fill in the gaps from seed to know once I get the chance, looking forward to harvest this one that's for sure, definitely a very forgiving strain, my temps are soo low aswell, 15c lights on and as low as 7c lights off but they are not showing any negative signs of this so it's a big thumbs up from me

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

This is them now going great and I reckon about half way through flower, again apologies for the lack of detail but the pictures will let you see how they turn out, no training at all here just left to do the thinglarge.DSC_2504_copy_592x1052.jpglarge.DSC_2503_copy_592x1052.jpglarge.DSC_2502_copy_592x1052.jpg

• Like 2

Done some heavy leaf defoliation last night to expose more bud sites and also removed the small lower down growth  hoping this will be the last serious leaf removal in flower as I don't want to to stress them too much but they look so mush better to put weight on now

• 1 month later...

Well that's this strain come to the end of the road, out of the 4 plants three have a darker green and purple colouration and the other one is a brighter green with lighter tones, again apologies for the lack of details this time round but I can confirm this as a very easy and forgiving strain to grow out and done very well even with very low temperatures, I reckon the temps also helped the darker colours allthough the flower did stretch into about 10 - 12 weeks so a bit longer than I expected but again the temps are more than likely the cause of this, I brought done 1 plant tonight and have weighed up weight after trimming and I have 353g which I work out to be around 88g dry or around 3oz, I'm happy with this and there isn't too much popcorn either, especially as I never done any training on this, just a straight forward let it do its thing grow, I'll let you know the other yeilds as I cut them and obviously the most important part the smoke report which I fully expect to be up there with the rest of humboldt seeds strains