Roots in DWC??

Auto gorilla

@stu914 I thought they was abit droopy due to being in the darkness for 6hours just seemed normal but makes sense.  

0.4 EC is that low enough? I’m using RO water so base is 0. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Auto gorilla said:

I was just worried about the roots being in mid air and drying out between hand watering. 

Ah ha...here's a little trick to help prevent this...

Pot up into the final mesh pot with pebbles once there is a tap root showing from the rooting cube, then place it inside a solid plant pot of the same size.

This acts as a sleeve retaining moisture and blocking light (which would prevent the roots from coming through the mesh)

Remember to take off the solid pot before putting into dwc though...:yep:

• Like 4

@stu914 thanks for that I did take on board what you said from last time but thought I’d make a little diy box which was a black storage box with holes cut in the lid for the net pots and I was hand watering in that for a few days but just seems I didn’t do it long enough :(

• 3 years later...
On 9/24/2019 at 11:25 AM, stu914 said:

then place it inside a solid plant pot of the same size.

This acts as a sleeve retaining moisture and blocking light (which would prevent the roots from coming through the mesh)

Silly question:
Does solid plant pot must to have holes on the bottom for nutes to drain out or no?

I stumbled against same problem as OP and my little girl just not growing at all - 3 weeks past and she is so tiny. Also, my water temps +16C/+19.7C and air temps during lights ON +20C/21C and +17C/19.5C during lights OFF which is not contributing to a healthy grow either.  

Edited by CDF20
Grammar

26 minutes ago, stu914 said:

@CDF20

Yup, same size as the mesh pot, res temps at 16c is too low, try and pitch it around 20c have you a water heater in there?

Thanks for answering mate.

Nope I have no water heater BUT I have a heating mat with thermostat and will play a bit with settings to bring water temps up to +20C at least. 

Found @The Padawan (hope you well mate and just taking time off) growdiaries here and reading them all through as you together with badbillybob and zen-ken helped him a lot. I soaked 4 Glueberriez seeds by Old School Genetics and will choose the strongest between them. 

It is always a challenge to grow in loft 
:boxing: Ready for summer though as got A/C to keep temps low during the heatwave but winter is a bit PITA as I am not ready to keep heater on 24/7 and pay bills to these greedy FUCK.RS

Edited by CDF20
  • Like 1