Will this work?

Naz007

I'm a newbie and been growing my first plant outside -  https://ibb.co/RgMd45V

It's getting cold and day light is changing here in the UK.

I'm keeping things very simple.

Was thinking of moving this baby inside, maybe on my windowsill or on my desk with these grow lights -  https://ibb.co/4TvK1v6

Will I need a small fan for air movement, right? or can I leave the window open?

Appreciate any advice, thanks. 

P.S.   It's around week 7, lemon haze, not autoflowering plant.. I believe it's still in the veg state and about to flower. It's been outside all along, but as there's not enough sun light these days, I'm worried something serious may happen.

Edited by Naz007
remove amazon link

You need to upload pics to the site mate

As for brining it inside, I don't think those lights will be worth the cost tbh

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Top Shotta said:

You can do this but there is a chance you could bring unwanted pests and problems from outdoors into your indoor grow

It's his first plant mate

• Like 1

If you can bring her in when the sun goes down and put her out when it comes up she will carry on and flower naturally, but she would need a dark space with no light. 

You could leave her outside to finish as normal, there are people who are still finishing late outdoor grows at the moment and that happens every year in the UK so don't worry to much about her being outside necessarily. 

Other than rot issues it's fine,so perhaps you can offer the best of both worlds by bringing her in and out of somewhere a little warmer overnight with a small oscillating fan to dry her of slowly. You can check your sun up and sun down times online and work around that regards timings. 

That light is useless for anything other than seedlings I'm afraid so if you bring her in that's on your shopping list to start. 

Unless your absolutly in the middle of nowhere do not bring her in without a proper space/small tent, extraction and carbon filter set up as she will stink the house right out especially a nice zesty haze.

If you bring her in just at night's you will soon realise the difference being indoors makes to percieved aromas from her and that will only get worse.

You'd be best to leave her in a small toilet/bathroom as they usually have household extraction that you can use but only if it's filtered because if not the system will basically suck up all the pungent weedy smells and pump it straight out the front/rear of your house for your neighbours to enjoy. 

All glazing has UV blocking properties so window sills or light through them unless open is not great to grow in for them and again you'll have smells wafting out of an open window further than you can imagine if she's a healthy girl. 

If your worried I'd bring her in at Sun down and store her in quiet dark corner, put her out at sun up and let nature do its thing as its not long to go for you or you can leave her where she is if safe to do so, but, as said above the second you warm her up ambiently or with a light indoors your  risk issues grow. 

Edited by 2Fat2EatThat
  • Like 1

In flower they only require 12 hours light and UK is on about 13 hours atm, the sun will give more benefit to the plant than them cheap china lights, even if it is tucked behind clouds. 

I hear ya on the weather front though and best bet would be bring it in somewhere overnight if it is just sat outside. 

3 hours ago, 2Fat2EatThat said:

"If you can bring her in when the sun goes down and put her out when it comes up she will carry on and flower naturally, but she would need a dark space with no light. 

You could leave her outside to finish as normal, there are people who are still finishing late outdoor grows at the moment and that happens every year in the UK so don't worry to much about her being outside necessarily. 

Other than rot issues it's fine,so perhaps you can offer the best of both worlds by bringing her in and out of somewhere a little warmer overnight with a small oscillating fan to dry her of slowly. You can check your sun up and sun down times online and work around that regards timings. 

That light is useless for anything other than seedlings I'm afraid so if you bring her in that's on your shopping list to start. 

Unless your absolutly in the middle of nowhere do not bring her in without a proper space/small tent, extraction and carbon filter set up as she will stink the house right out especially a nice zesty haze.

If you bring her in just at night's you will soon realise the difference being indoors makes to percieved aromas from her and that will only get worse.

You'd be best to leave her in a small toilet/bathroom as they usually have household extraction that you can use but only if it's filtered because if not the system will basically suck up all the pungent weedy smells and pump it straight out the front/rear of your house for your neighbours to enjoy. 

All glazing has UV blocking properties so window sills or light through them unless open is not great to grow in for them and again you'll have smells wafting out of an open window further than you can imagine if she's a healthy girl. 

If your worried I'd bring her in at Sun down and store her in quiet dark corner, put her out at sun up and let nature do its thing as its not long to go for you or you can leave her where she is if safe to do so, but, as said above the second you warm her up ambiently or with a light indoors your  risk issues grow. "

Appreciate you taking the time out and providing some good information.

1) What would happen if the plant is kept outside 24/7 and the weather is rainy and cloudy mostly during the day? Also, if the temp drops below 10 degrees in the night, how does it affect the plant? Will it kill it? or will it simply slow down the growth? Let's says that this week, the day light hours are reducing and going to hit the 12/12 light cycle. Will my plant simply start the flowering stage at this point and not grow any bigger? 

2) Does flowing only depend the light cycle or also temp and humidty?

3) Regarding the smell, fortunately, I live in a detached house and the neigbours are about 15 meters away...I should be ok in that regard. I' m only growing one plant

4) How much of a difference would it make if I didn't bring her in during the night? If I brought here in as you said, would it grow bigger and produce more yields?

5) You said "small oscillating fan to dry her of slowly" - Is this for during the veg stage or should I also do it during flowering too? 

Good point you made about the glazing UV blocking properties...never thought of that. 

Thanks!

Edited by Naz007

5 hours ago, Naz007 said:

Appreciate you taking the time out and providing some good information.

1) What would happen if the plant is kept outside 24/7 and the weather is rainy and cloudy mostly during the day? Also, if the temp drops below 10 degrees in the night, how does it affect the plant? Will it kill it? or will it simply slow down the growth? Let's says that this week, the day light hours are reducing and going to hit the 12/12 light cycle. Will my plant simply start the flowering stage at this point and not grow any bigger? 

2) Does flowing only depend the light cycle or also temp and humidty?

3) Regarding the smell, fortunately, I live in a detached house and the neigbours are about 15 meters away...I should be ok in that regard. I' m only growing one plant

4) How much of a difference would it make if I didn't bring her in during the night? If I brought here in as you said, would it grow bigger and produce more yields?

5) You said "small oscillating fan to dry her of slowly" - Is this for during the veg stage or should I also do it during flowering too? 

Good point you made about the glazing UV blocking properties...never thought of that. 

Thanks!

9 hours ago, 2Fat2EatThat said:

If you can bring her in when the sun goes down and put her out when it comes up she will carry on and flower naturally, but she would need a dark space with no light. 

If your worried I'd bring her in at Sun down and store her in quiet dark corner, put her out at sun up and let nature do its thing as its not long to go for you or you can leave her where she is if safe to do so, but, as said above the second you warm her up ambiently or with a light indoors your  risk issues grow. 

Hi I've been growing my cheese outside since july., I'll be keeping her outside until mid -late October unless it gets really cold. Anyway September will get another burst of heat soon. And as soon as I can manage to upload pictures I'll show you my girl

43 minutes ago, intentseven said:

Hi I've been growing my cheese outside since july., I'll be keeping her outside until mid -late October unless it gets really cold. Anyway September will get another burst of heat soon. And as soon as I can manage to upload pictures I'll show you my girl

large.PicsArt_09-10-07_41_24.jpg

1 hour ago, Naz007 said:

She looks beautiful. How much do you think you can get out of that? 

I actually have no clue, but to be fair if I can manage an Oz I'll be over the moon

10 hours ago, intentseven said:

I actually have no clue, but to be fair if I can manage an Oz I'll be over the moon

yeh  me too! Is this your first plant ?

• Like 1

Give it a new bigger pot.

Pop it somewhere sunny, and cross your fingers.

Look at some mars hydro 600w as a starter and get a lil tent set up but start from seed or cutting don't take your outside plant to the indoor tent it's full of bugs n shit.. don't bother stressing yourself out buying a light that won't work.

• Like 2