blue widow scrog

Budmaster66

Hi again guys I have finally got on with a grow diary after 2 failed attempts so here goes wish me luck

my seeds are blue widow (freebies) i soaked them in water over night last Friday 12th all 3 opened up over night then I placed them in wet paper towel in a small plastic tub with lid on and placed them on my TVs sound bar lol left them 48 hours then opened to tub to find all 3 had sprouted. So they were planted up into 0.7 litre pots with coco and placed under a t5 lights in a 3x2x3 proptent 

photos from today 5 days after been potted 

I'm currently building my grow room witch is 10x6 in my shed (build diary in grow room photos section) 

I already have purchased my equipment witch is as follows 

4 X 600w  Dimmable  ballasts and shades 

10" phresh hyper fan stealth (exhaust)

10" 250x660 60mm bed carboair Carbon filter 

6" phresh hyper fan stealth (inlet) 

10" & 6" phonic trap acoustic ducting 

gas enviro controller 

3 Oscillating fans 

4 mh power plant 600w bulbs (veg)

4 hps power plant 600w bulbs (flower) 

full coco canna coco feeds witch I will follow the feed chart to the letter 

my scrog screen will be 10ft X 3ft wide I will only have 3 plants under it so roughly 3x3 per plant witch I will veg for 6/7 weeks I'm guessing.

im new to scrog so only going on what I've read and watched  videos so any help tips and advice would be fantastic 

im thinking 30 litre pots will theses be big enough or too big ? 

I will update this diary at least once a week but will try and do more 

large.image.jpeglarge.image.jpeglarge.image.jpeglarge.image.jpeglarge.image.jpeg

Any help advice, tips, criticisms, opinions good or bad please comment as I say I haven't done scrog before I'm hoping for a starting yield of around 25oz from my first attempt fingers crossed 

thanks 

• Like 5

Just a quick update 2 of the 3 seedlings aren't growing or doing anything really I will give them another 2/3 days see what happens but think I will order some more seeds today just incase I need to start again I'm looking for a high yielding strain that's suited to scrog.

I was advised to go with critical jack and critical cheese in a previous post also thinking about critical +2.0 and moby dick ????

any other recommendation and any other info will be much appreciated 

thanks 

• Like 2

DAY 7  

Lights 18/6

Temps 27 lights on 25 lights off 

Quick update 2 of the 3 seedlings are still growing very slow but growing I think.

I will give them a light feed tomorrow and see if that perks them up a bit 

large.image.jpeglarge.image.jpeglarge.image.jpeg

• Like 2

Day 10 

Lights - 18/6

Temps -  30 lights on 28 lights off

Nutrients - 2ml A&B 2ml rhizotoinic per 2 litres of water giving a E.C of 1.0 (base E.C is O.6) ph 5.8

Still really slow growth think it's down to the high temperature?  but I carnt do anything about it so I will plod on and hope the temperature cools down abit 

fingers crossed 

large.image.jpeg

• Like 2

Day 13 

Lights - 18/6

Temps 28 (lights on) 24 (lights off) 

Nutrients - 2ml A&B 2ml rhizotoinic per 2 litres of water 

EC - 1.0 (base ec is 0.6) 

PH - 5.8

Seedlings have started to grow abit now defiantly think the slow growth was down to the high temps as that's the only thing that has changed 

my new grow room is almost finished so I will be getting these in there in the next week or so when these baby's have grow another couple of inches 

large.image.jpeg

Peace out 

• Like 3

What size tent and what light are you using ? 

You using any rads or heaters?

I'm buying my veg cab in the week .

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Leafneck said:

What size tent and what light are you using ? 

You using any rads or heaters?

I'm buying my veg cab in the week .

Hi again lol

my tent is 3ft wide 3 ft high 2ft deep my light is a 2 ft 4 tube t5 unsure of the make it had it that long.

And no I don't need to use any rads or heaters not at this time of year anyway if it gets that cold in colder months I just bring it into the house and put it in a spare room with a blanket thrown over it. It fits in our under stairs cupboard just nice lol 

I also have my lights come on at 6pm until 12pm so the lights are off between dinner time and tea time warmest part of the day 

my tent is a green box and was only about £30 ish 3/4 years ago and it's still like new zips, pull cords working like the day I got it, just to give you an idea of how big it is I have had 30 cuttings in it in 0.7 litre square pots and there was still room for a small  oscillating fan 

any more questions please ask 

I will look and find the name of the t5 and get back to you asap

Edited by Budmaster66
  • Like 2

Perfect bro , I'm keeping mine in the garage so going to throw a 2ft tube heater in there to keep the chill off, maybe an additional tube heater when it gets abit colder.. hardly use electric.

I'll buy a 4 2ft t5 then , looks great ! How often you change the bulbs ? 

Great little chat we have had today bro Haha,  all the best 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Leafneck said:

Perfect bro , I'm keeping mine in the garage so going to throw a 2ft tube heater in there to keep the chill off, maybe an additional tube heater when it gets abit colder.. hardly use electric.

I'll buy a 4 2ft t5 then , looks great ! How often you change the bulbs ? 

Great little chat we have had today bro Haha,  all the best 

There still on the original bulbs. I did also buy a heat mat with a digital thermostat but hardly ever used it the light seems to give off a fair amount of heat in the small area.

nice speaking to you good luck with the end of your grow speak soon.

peace out 

• Like 2

Hey bud, looking good so far :yep:

One thing I wish I'd thought a little more about before starting my scrog was plant positioning and the fact you can't move them once they're set in the net - I think if I'd positioned the plant differently I'd have got a better (and easier to manage) coverage, plus I'm in nft so tipping the tray to empty it whilst the canopy above is fixed was a little hair-raising to begin with :shock:lol

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ranec said:

Hey bud, looking good so far :yep:

One thing I wish I'd thought a little more about before starting my scrog was plant positioning and the fact you can't move them once they're set in the net - I think if I'd positioned the plant differently I'd have got a better (and easier to manage) coverage, plus I'm in nft so tipping the tray to empty it whilst the canopy above is fixed was a little hair-raising to begin with :shock:lol

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment my 3 plants will be spaced out with roughly 2 feet between each pot and will only be 1 row deep.

am hoping I will have enough room to get under the screen to lollipop and trim them up once established 

do you think 30 litre pots will be big enough for 6/7 weeks veg plus 8/9 weeks of flower ? 

I bet bet it's abit awkward when it comes to res changes lol 

Thanks again 

• Like 1

Day 17

Lights - 18/6

PH - 5.8

Seedlings are starting to grow abit more now the hot weather has gone I will be moving these into the grow room this weekend.

large.image.jpeglarge.image.jpeglarge.image.jpeg

• Like 3

Day 20

Lights - 18/6

PH - 5.8

my 3 baby's are growing a lot quicker now and look healthy and green.  I will up the EC in the next feed upto 1.1 and hopefully get them in my grow room this week as some point. 

Sorry for the bad photo I must have knocked the camara in my prop tent and moved it lol 

large.image.jpeg

I will update again when they are in there new home 

peace out 

• Like 3