Just made RSO for first time

Jammo85

I have found out the IPA gives nasty horrible chemical smell,when using ethanol it smell miles less just in the end you can smell the actual oil-sweety smell,not bad at all comparable to vaping bud

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, joba said:

you sure 10? isn't it for when you making from a pound of weed? I never use water but did at the beginning 2-3 drop

what solvent have you used? try to make these extractions on shitty days when everyone is inside and windows shut,not on the hottest day of the year mate,stay safe

+ if using IPA that horrible chemical smell it gives people might assume you cooking all sorts ......

Ahhhh fuck !! That’s another mistake I made, I wasn’t using a pound of weed that’s for sure!! 

I ended up with 14.8 grams last night before decarb if that’s any guidance? I used all the small buds, all the leaves bucket was half full of shit mostly, I’d say maybe just over a OZ of buds. Then shite. 

Yes mate I used IPA fuck what a smell !!! 

Would the more expensive Ethanol smell less than that?

(I ended up using 5 litres last night, not to say someone who actually knew what they was doing would of used a fraction of that) 

i was lucky yesterday was shit here where I am, windy and cloudy, literally 20/30 miles up the road it was 33/34 

mad

Friday was the hottest day around by me, I spent that day cycling 101 miles....again another mistake ended badly. So future I know not to cycle big rides and make oil on great days!!  

• Like 2

Just now, joba said:

I have found out the IPA gives nasty horrible chemical smell,when using ethanol it smell miles less just in the end you can smell the actual oil-sweety smell,not bad at all comparable to vaping bud

Answered my question before I asked it lol thanks mate always one step ahead. 

Terrible smell with that ipa 

even today when I was getting rid of the waste you could still smell it more than the weed 

• Like 1

I never put mine in the over, i just keep it on the hot plate until it stops bubbling. Always used IPA too, and not had any issues, if you still have a ipa smell afterwards, you have done it wrong, mine always smells amazing 

Edited by Hazeworks
  • Like 1

@Hazeworks 

no alcohol smell left

just the stinking smell of the product, I’m not sure beautiful is the word I used lol. Stunk my bloody house out too. 

On day one now of the drops 

mixed 1gram with 9mls of MCT coconut oil 

• Like 4

the few drops of water evaporates at a higher temp than the alcohol, once the water is steaming all the alcohol should have evaporated away

• Like 1

I haven't tried it but you could try placing a carbon filter and fan next to your cooking. No ducting needed. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bubbleguppie said:

@Jammo85 are you useing rick grimes guied for this ?? I cant get any ipa down here just wondering what folks thoughts are to useing acetone tia

Do you mean Rick Simpson? lol Rick Grimes was in The Walking Dead.   :russian:  

*using

*guide

* 1 guppy, 2 guppies. 

I realise spelling basic words can be difficult if you have the IQ of a glass of water but please can you at least try? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hash72 said:

the few drops of water evaporates at a higher temp than the alcohol, once the water is steaming all the alcohol should have evaporated away

Ok thanks mate!! 

6 hours ago, ukscroger said:

I haven't tried it but you could try placing a carbon filter and fan next to your cooking. No ducting needed. 

Good idea I’m sure there’s some way of reducing smell. 

4 hours ago, bubbleguppie said:

@Jammo85 are you useing rick grimes guied for this ?? I cant get any ipa down here just wondering what folks thoughts are to useing acetone tia

Yeah sorry mate I’ve only done it once and with IPA so not sure on any other product to be honest, (I’m not sure with IPA either I’m fkin clueless hahaha) 

I haven't got any advice really @Jammo85 as I've never done RSO (I have done QWISO and reclaim oil with ISO) but I just wanted to say congrats on getting some final product! The fact that you've managed to go from seed all the way to medicine yourself deserves a round of :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Here's hoping it provides some relief.

• Like 2

thanks @iShouldCoCo really am happy at what I achieved although I think I stressed wayyyyy too much at times lol. Hopefully this next grow I can relax a bit 

fuck took drops yesterday in work and was off my head, how the boys didn’t notice. Wayyy too stoned. 

Day before I was taking a few drops at a time and didn’t notice much. Think I took 6 drops at most at any one time. Was fine.... 

so started yesterday with 5 drops which is less than the night before 

and nothing.....nothing.....then boom my head was fucked 

i didn’t touch them again yesterday lol 

I’ll start again ok lower dose. 

Maybe the empty stomach in work was the difference? 

Strange but I’m sure a lot of people would of paid good money for the state on my head yesterday lol 

2 hours ago, Jammo85 said:

thanks @iShouldCoCo really am happy at what I achieved although I think I stressed wayyyyy too much at times lol. Hopefully this next grow I can relax a bit 

fuck took drops yesterday in work and was off my head, how the boys didn’t notice. Wayyy too stoned. 

Day before I was taking a few drops at a time and didn’t notice much. Think I took 6 drops at most at any one time. Was fine.... 

so started yesterday with 5 drops which is less than the night before 

and nothing.....nothing.....then boom my head was fucked 

i didn’t touch them again yesterday lol 

I’ll start again ok lower dose. 

Maybe the empty stomach in work was the difference? 

Strange but I’m sure a lot of people would of paid good money for the state on my head yesterday lol 

Yeah, you'll have no tolerance at all, being a non-smoker! I think you'll need to start small and build up. Empty stomach will def be a factor, but I imagine you started snacking fairly soon after it kicked in!

I'm sure you'll get less stressed as each grow goes by and each challenge is dealt with.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

gee m8 i wouldnt take it at work , or drive . take it before bedtime ,  has your body got use to it yet . should be 5 days ,, i have made my oil to

potent took decarbox up to 250f for 27min s  i cant take any more than a sugar grain , what stains did u have ,,regards geogeo. 

• Like 1