The Padawan

51 minutes ago, Auto gorilla said:

@The Padawanlooking good so far :thumsup: I’ll be starting my first DWC grow soon in the oxypot XL i see you feeding them with ec of 0.6 do you have good water out of the tap or using RO water? 

Cheers man. Yes my tap water comes out at pretty much 0. Have you done hydro before? I'm on my 5th grow now with them an I love em. 

• Like 1

@The Padawan you’ve got nice clean water then my tap water is terrible comes out at around 0.7/0.8 I’ve just brought a ro unit which takes it to 0 but not sure if I should mix some tap water back in bring it up to 0.2 and then add Nutes from there. 

No this will be my first hydro grow moving from soil I’ve got a water chiller and everything I need just waiting to start got a holiday coming up so will wait until I’m back. 

Do you add calmag to your nute mix? 

• Like 2

@Auto gorilla I think you'll love them when you get going.

I've done a few plants in soil. Just small pots. So not much experience. I find the oxys easier to use/read. Just keep the pH in range and read how they react to whatever ec level your aiming for. If it's dropping over 24hrs they are feeding. Happy days. 

If the ec rises its too high. Knock it back with some water. 

I check twice a day.

Youll have no worries about temps either with the water chiller. Would be a welcomed edition in my loft at the minute. 

Yes man I add calmag. I make up my nutes like this

Water

Shogun silicone

Calmag to ec 0.4 

Shogun grow a&b to whatever ec level I require. Then set pH to 5.8

Good luck with them. If your doing a diary shout me in. 

Enjoy the holiday. I could do with one of those :bong:

• Like 3

@The Padawan fingers gets crossed it goes to plan, I got my chiller second hand there seems to be quite a few on various selling sites at reasonable prices. 

Thanks for the info I’ll be using AN PH perfect Nutes so shouldn’t have to mess with the ph at all,see if they act as there suppose to. I will be doing a dairy just need to find my old camera to be able to upload pictures along the way. 

Cheers bud will be keeping a eye on your dairy. :bong:

• Like 2

On 30/06/2019 at 1:54 PM, The Padawan said:

@stu914 a few frozen water bottles were called for. I've added an intake fan and have it blowing at the pots too.

:bong:

Good call mate ;)

As you know when hydro is done right it's great but it can be way less forgiving than a soil grow :yep:

By the sound of things your keeping on top of temps etc ;)

Looking good in here  :headbang:

All the best  :bong:

Mark..

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Auto gorilla said:

I’ve just brought a ro unit which takes it to 0 but not sure if I should mix some tap water back in bring it up to 0.2 and then add Nutes from there. 

You've gone to the trouble of removing the rubbish from your water why would you add it back in?

Start with your ro water buddy and add you feed to that :yep:

Mark..

• Like 2

@Dinafem-Mark very good point and I won’t be adding anything to the ro apart from feed spoke with AN today and they’ve said there is ample amounts of everything in there feeds :yep:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Auto gorilla said:

@Dinafem-Mark very good point and I won’t be adding anything to the ro apart from feed spoke with AN today and they’ve said there is ample amounts of everything in there feeds :yep:

Just makes sense to me mate. You've gone to the trouble to remove that rubbish, no point putting it back in and you don't know what that 200ppm is made up of. If you add the feed you know exactly what your feeding  :yep:

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 2

Its been 3 weeks today since i dipped their toes in the bubblers. They def don't hang about

large.IMG_20190703_183007.jpg

Sweet Deep Grapefruit

large.IMG_20190703_183024.jpg

large.IMG_20190703_183033.jpg

Now were sucking diesel!

I tied her down again to even her out and expose the new growth

large.IMG_20190703_185534.jpglarge.IMG_20190703_185511.jpg

21 days of root growth. There was minimal there to begin

large.IMG_20190703_185552.jpg

Bubba Kush

I honestly thought i had fucked this one up but she's looking lovely now. Fan leaves bigger than my hand

large.IMG_20190703_183014.jpg

I tied her down to even her out and expose the lower growth

large.IMG_20190703_184148.jpglarge.IMG_20190703_184234.jpg

I will be flipping them in the next few days. I think the Bubba Kush should be ok now and judging from past grows and another diary, the sweet deep grapefruit could be doing with it also.

Bit of a smell coming off them but nothing more than that vegging plant smell . I can't wait to get sniffing on some buds lol and pick out the scents

Temps are 28-33 lights on 20-23 lights off now the weather has cooled a bit.

EC 0.6

PH 5.8-6.2

Thanks for looking :bong:

• Like 6

@The Padawan looking great there really taking off now even with the high day time temps. What temp is your res reaching during the lights on? Roots look to be thriving whatever it is. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Auto gorilla said:

@The Padawan looking great there really taking off now even with the high day time temps. What temp is your res reaching during the lights on? Roots look to be thriving whatever it is. 

Cheers man. Round 24 was the highest I seen it. Ive the intake fan blowing directly at them an a few frozen water bottles when needed.

:bong:

• Like 2

On 03/07/2019 at 7:59 PM, The Padawan said:

They def don't hang about

They are really going for it now brother, crazy explosive growth in the bubblers  ;)

Keep the updates coming my friend :yep:

Mark..

• Like 1

Cheers @Dinafem-Mark

Ive just been up seeing to them and took a few pics for an update.

I flipped them into flower on friday the 5th. I will give them 2 weeks under the mh and stick with the grow nutes for now. Fed them 0.8ec ph 5.9

Looking dead on bar a few rusty spots on the Bubba Kush. I upped the calmag to 1ml/l

Temps in the tent 28/9 this evening. That'll drop another few degrees into the night. If it stays like this i reakon the 600 should be ok in there without the air cooled hood.

Bubba Kush

large.IMG_20190708_200941.jpg

I gave her another bit of lst and tried to tuck as many fans out of the way to expose the lower shoots. Any that don't make it i will use as cuttings

large.IMG_20190708_202108.jpg

Sweet Deep Grapefruit

This is certainly a vigorous strain. Her roots are nuts! Forgot to get a pic

large.IMG_20190708_200946.jpg

I just moved a few fans and super cropped two stems in the middle that were getting a bit excited lol 

large.IMG_20190708_202112.jpg

Group Shot

large.IMG_20190708_201024.jpglarge.IMG_20190708_200914.jpg

Exciting Times ahead :bong:

• Like 6

Now you've flipped that switch to bloom (12/12) things are about to get real interesting and fast ;)

That early training work is about to pay off,big time  ;)

Let the flowering fun begin  :headbang:

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 2

OHH yea @Dinafem-Mark 

Ive started building my new groom in the loft. Its gonna be sweet! Ill have a 1.2ms flower room and a 1.2x0.6 veg room. Nice new 550 quantum board from our site sponsor on the way. Just need to decide on extraction setup for the flower room. Im thinking about a set of phresh hyper fans. 10 inch extract and a 6inch intake all run off a controller. £520 ouch! But it should be money well spent if they keep the environment in check. I want to make sure its done right.

Maybe even christen it with a run of Dinafem clones from these two? If i get it built in time lol 

large.IMG_20190708_195729.jpg

:haveadab:

• Like 6