The Padawan

Hello everyone and welcome to my first attempt at some of Dinafems genetics. Ive done a few grows in the bubblers now and I think I'm getting the swing of them. I just keep it simple as I can.

Thanks to @Dinafem-Mark for sorting me out with the beans. He recommended a list of strains for me to choose from and i settled on....

large.IMG_20190415_132830.jpg

Setup

120x60x160 tent in the loft

600watt mh for veg Dual spec bulb for flower

5inch extractor with rhino pro filter

19l Oxypots x 3

Hailea 600l/hr air pump

Clip on fans x 2

Nutes

Silver bullets roots

Shogun silicone

Vitalink Calmag

Shogun Samurai Hydro Grow and Bloom

I soaked some root it cubes in tap water then gave them a gentle squeeze so they are damp but not dripping. Then In went the seeds. one of each.

large.IMG_20190415_132911.jpglarge.IMG_20190415_133358.jpglarge.IMG_20190415_134231.jpg

I pick off a bit of the underneath and cover up the hole on top. They are placed into a prop, wrapped in a t-shirt and placed on top of my wee veg cab in the bedroom.

large.IMG_0438.jpg

A few days later and the Sweet Deep Grapefruit was out of the blocks closely followed by the Bubba Kush

large.IMG_20190419_092657.jpglarge.IMG_20190419_092705.jpglarge.IMG_20190419_135020.jpglarge.IMG_20190420_200727.jpglarge.IMG_20190420_200739.jpg

Ive been going through a bit of a shit patch in my life and at this point it started to show in my growing. I somehow managed to kill the Bubba Kush. No worries ill pop another bean. It came out upside down lol I tried to turn it round but it didn't take at all. I then popped the final one and it came up. I also had popped another bean from another breader. I wanted to try 3 plants mainlined. I always seem to have a bit of free space in the middle when i run 2. Last grow i had a few clones in compost to fill the gap but i still think there was room for more.

I ended up keeping the 3 of them in my Veg cab whilst i waited for the tent to get freed up in the loft. I was hand feeding them with a spray bottle. Ive been real careless with the spray bottle and damaged some of the lower growth. They were starting to look a bit gnarly and not getting the love and attention they deserve

Bubba Kush front left SDG back left

large.IMG_20190612_192952.jpg

They were being fed root it first feed at 6ml/l

I moved them up into the loft last wednesday but they have to share the tent with my drying harvest in cardboard boxes as it absolutely stinks lol and I've nowhere else to dry it.

Bubba Kush

large.IMG_20190612_193156.jpglarge.IMG_20190612_193241.jpg

SDG

large.IMG_20190612_193215.jpg

I topped the SDG at the 4th node and striped everything below leaving me with 2 main shoots

large.IMG_20190617_183544.jpg

She was throwing out pistils flat out since being in the veg cab. Is this normal or something I've done wrong? Ive never noticed it before i don't think lol gotta lay off the shatter

Bubba Kush was topped at the 3rd node and everything below removed

large.IMG_20190617_183604.jpg

The 3rd plant from another breader I chopped clean in half!! Knob. I tried taping it back together but it didn't make it. The Cana Gods have decided this was meant to be Dinafem only in this house lol 

I will let them grow out a bit before i start training them. I have only done this method a few times but Ive been happy with how they turned out.

They are being fed EC 0.6 ph set to 5.9

Thats us all up to date with this grow. I hope I can do these seeds some justice so please feel free to help out along the way.

Dab anyone???

large.IMG_20190617_184448.jpg

• Like 6

@The Padawan hope your getting along a little better now m8. Two strains we don't see grown much on here of late but the Bubba Kush I have grown and its a really nice smoke, kept me calm and mind at rest so should do you good as I would think that's what your looking for.

Some really nice photos there love the close ups, are you still using the tubes etc?. Also another quick question reference the silver bullets how do you find it works over the summer months with your grow in the loft and if I recall your not running a chiller?, bound to get bloody warm nutrient. I don't run bubblers but have setup a uv sterliser for the res to keep the res clean as it will do bugger all for the roots and it comes on and off regular and seems to be keeping my constant drip plant in great shape if it continues the way it is, its a dam cheap way to keep things in check. The price of the silver bullets was what made me try some thing I don't see people trying ie the uv.

Hope all goes well with the grow and yourself, never far away it's just a pm if needed.

Toke...

Edited by tokenroll
early pistils are fine just make sure they aint heshe trannies, little ball connected with a little stem
  • Like 3

Nice to see 2 of our old strains Bubba Kush and Sweet Deep Grapefruit being grown DWC style  :yep:

1 hour ago, The Padawan said:

Hello everyone and welcome to my first attempt at some of Dinafems genetics

I can't belive this is your first Dinafem grow mate, you've picked 2 solid strain which I can't wait to see grown hydro style  :yep:

Of to a nice start and can't wait to see this grow, fingers crossed you can keep temps down through the summer months. How the weather is of late I don't see an issue  :yep:

Best of luck with your first Dinafem grow buddy  :yep:

Let's see what you can do!

All the best  :bong:

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 1

@tokenroll Thanks man. Appreciate it. I haven't had the camera out in a while. I'll get back into it now I've the diary up and running. Keep me busy learning.

All photos so far have been taken on my wow way p30 pro lol. It's macro feature is impressive for a phone. It has a pro mode that I'm sure you'd have way more fun with than me. Shame its only worth about 2p now with all the spying talk :nono:

I run the silver bullets as I was always afraid of getting bud rot. Temps are always a battle in there. Fish tank heaters for the winter and frozen water bottles in the summer. So far I've not had any issues and last summer was like the Costa Del norn iron here. It was also my first grow. Touching 40 at one stage before I bought an air cooled shade. 

I've just ordered a 400watt mh bulb so I can dim it down during Veg. Also a new super hps son t for flowering. 

Never heard of a uv steriliser. I'll have to look that up. 

@Dinafem-Mark Thanks man. I hope I do these strains some justice in the bubblers. Hopefully the temps will be kind but I'll battle on regardless. 

• Like 2

My Parcel arrived today containing my new bulbs. I knew as soon as the postie handed it over it was fucked! 

large.IMG_20190621_191234.jpg

I also ordered a 400watt super hps sonT to get prepared for any warm days to come. They sent me a 600watt one and the 400watt mh is smashed to shit lol 

Fuck it I thought, ill go up and see the girls. Cheer me up a bit. I started training them yesterday so was anxious to see how see how they were getting on.

Sweet Deep Grapefruit

large.5d0d1f693d257_IMG_20190621_090039(1).jpglarge.IMG_20190621_090023.jpglarge.IMG_20190620_183119.jpg

She's coming into that T shape I'm trying to make. Ill let her grow out and top at the 3rd node each side. Nice healthy looking roots coming through now. Just over a week in the bubblers

Bubba Kush

large.IMG_20190620_183034.jpglarge.IMG_20190620_183027.jpglarge.IMG_20190620_183050.jpg

She's a lot more squat and compact than the SDG but bombing along all the same. Nice healthy looking roots forming. Prob more so than the SDG. 

Ohh I think ill adjust that tie a little bit I thought to myself. Snap!! :wallbash:

large.5d0d1f771ff7c_IMG_20190621_090736(1).jpglarge.5d0d1f6bcde34_IMG_20190621_090344(1).jpg

Its hanging on by a thread. I tried to get at it with some tape but its such an awkward place. The only thing supporting it is the fan leaf below. Not having much luck with the Bubba. All down to myself but at least if that main doesn't make it ill have half a plant to sample lol

Im gonna take cuttings from both of these so at least ill be able to give the bubba a better go next time if she turns out to be that little bit special.

Thanks for looking and have a nice weekend. Im going to see the red arrows perform tomorrow. :haveadab:

• Like 6

Enjoy the red arrows dude...:yahoo:

and we’ll enjoy ur diary... 

i will be watching sdg close as it’s on me list...:smokin:

• Like 2

I ment to say, it will be cool watching ur manifold’s taking shape and through their full cycle, from start to finish...:smokin:

• Like 2

Thanks @Amo it's not going to well for the Bubba Kush. The main I snapped didn't make it. So out of 3 I now have 1 and a half plants left lol. The SDG is coming along nicely though. I'll have to try and fill up the space with it.

Thanks for looking in. Airshow was awesome and we had a cracking day for it.  :bong:

• Like 2

On 21/06/2019 at 8:04 PM, The Padawan said:

My Parcel arrived today containing my new bulbs. I knew as soon as the postie handed it over it was fucked! 

large.IMG_20190621_191234.jpg

I also ordered a 400watt super hps sonT to get prepared for any warm days to come. They sent me a 600watt one and the 400watt mh is smashed to shit lol 

Fuck it I thought, ill go up and see the girls. Cheer me up a bit. I started training them yesterday so was anxious to see how see how they were getting on.

Sweet Deep Grapefruit

large.5d0d1f693d257_IMG_20190621_090039(1).jpglarge.IMG_20190621_090023.jpglarge.IMG_20190620_183119.jpg

She's coming into that T shape I'm trying to make. Ill let her grow out and top at the 3rd node each side. Nice healthy looking roots coming through now. Just over a week in the bubblers

Bubba Kush

large.IMG_20190620_183034.jpglarge.IMG_20190620_183027.jpglarge.IMG_20190620_183050.jpg

She's a lot more squat and compact than the SDG but bombing along all the same. Nice healthy looking roots forming. Prob more so than the SDG. 

Ohh I think ill adjust that tie a little bit I thought to myself. Snap!! :wallbash:

large.5d0d1f771ff7c_IMG_20190621_090736(1).jpglarge.5d0d1f6bcde34_IMG_20190621_090344(1).jpg

Its hanging on by a thread. I tried to get at it with some tape but its such an awkward place. The only thing supporting it is the fan leaf below. Not having much luck with the Bubba. All down to myself but at least if that main doesn't make it ill have half a plant to sample lol

Im gonna take cuttings from both of these so at least ill be able to give the bubba a better go next time if she turns out to be that little bit special.

Thanks for looking and have a nice weekend. Im going to see the red arrows perform tomorrow. :haveadab:

Looks like your having the same luck as me with the post :( sorry about that mate are they sending a replacement eye/bulb?

Been a bit aggressive with the training on the SDG, I'll keep my fingers crossed that that branch can be saved ;)

Crazy root growth on that bubba kush mate, loving the hydro life  :headbang:

Nice update my friend  :yep:

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 1

Cheers @Dinafem-Mark them roots love that fizzy water as my missus calls it.

Got the 400watt mh today all in one piece. Its brought the temps down along with a cheapo 4 inch intake I got. 

It's the bubba I snapped. And no it didn't make it.

large.IMG_20190624_194710-2286x2390.jpglarge.IMG_20190624_194737-2490x2666.jpg

But the growth on the remaining shoot is flourishing. I'll train it out and maybe a net over for support. 

I'll just have to grow the SDG bigger to fill the space :bong: maybe more tops

large.IMG_20190624_194804-2560x2219.jpglarge.IMG_20190624_194839-2741x2025.jpglarge.IMG_20190624_194911-2705x1721.jpg

All the best man

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, The Padawan said:

Got the 400watt mh today all in one piece. Its brought the temps down along with a cheapo 4 inch intake I got. 

Great news and just in time for summer lol

That's if we get one ;)

9 minutes ago, The Padawan said:

It's the bubba I snapped. And no it didn't make it

My mistake mate I thought it was the SDG  ;)

She'll bounce back and within a week or 2 that lost branch will not be noticeable :yep:

Mark..

• Like 1

Hows it going folks.

Its been a warm few days in the loft. That hot spell really pushed the temps up. Apart from drinking a bit more the girls are doing fine. They're in ireland so they'll fit right in in my house lol Had to arm myself with a few cold ciders before i went up to tend to them. The heat up there was hard work. I am starting to build a groom up there. I laid the floor over the last few days and must have lost about 2 stone in sweat. I set out a few lengths of wood to mock up a veg room and a flower room. Its looking real promising. Exciting times ahead.

Been real impressed with these genetics so far. Ive butchered one and the last few days they've been suffering heat stroke lol but they're motoring along stronger than ever.

Sweet Deep Grapefruit

I let her grow out and topped at the 3rd node. Then removed the 2nd node on each side. Leaving me with 8 main shoots.

large.IMG_20190624_194804.jpglarge.IMG_20190625_184537.jpglarge.IMG_20190625_184639.jpglarge.IMG_20190625_184654.jpg

Ive been letting her grow out and training her to keep her as low as i can.

This is how she's looking 16 days in the bubblers

large.IMG_20190628_183353.jpg

Bubba Kush

Now the one arm bandit. She's just been getting some gentle lst and fan leaf tucking. I let her recover for a while after i snapped the main shoot of her. I bent her over slightly and exposed the lowest shoots. She's now been topped at the 4th node

large.IMG_20190624_194710.jpglarge.IMG_20190626_181728.jpg

Again 16 days in the bubblers

large.IMG_20190628_183436.jpg

Nice white roots

large.IMG_20190626_183036.jpg

Both being fed 0.6 ec

Im gonna let them go for another 5-7 days and them ill flip them.

I left the plant that i killed running in her pot just to see would she ever come back. My god she did. Couldn't believe it. Im gonna let her go up until i flip. Then ill take cuttings from them all and get rid of her.

large.IMG_20190626_181857.jpg

So from left to right we have. How to kill a plant and bring it back to life. How not to mainline. And a perfect example (so far) of how to mainline. lol 

large.IMG_20190626_181846.jpg

Im really liking the camera on my phone. I reckon you could put her through its paces @tokenroll

large.IMG_20190628_190405.jpglarge.IMG_20190628_190727.jpglarge.IMG_20190628_190047.jpglarge.IMG_20190628_190022.jpg

Im away to squeeze this lovely wee nug. Have a good weekend :haveadab:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, The Padawan said:

Its been a warm few days in the loft

I bet it has, especially today, whew!!...anyways...they're looking grand but keep a close eye on the bucket temps mate, 

only takes a couple of degrees increase for problems to arise...:yep:

:oldtoker:

• Like 2

@The Padawanlooking good so far :thumsup: I’ll be starting my first DWC grow soon in the oxypot XL i see you feeding them with ec of 0.6 do you have good water out of the tap or using RO water? 

• Like 2