Tent Finished

GreenVision

Hi all. Finally got the Bud Box Pro the way I want it, short of a little cable management. 

The Quantum Boards turned up today, wasn't as quick putting them up as I thought it may have been but besides some confusion over a game of pairs with some stickers on the drivers it was pretty straight forward.

large.e.JPG.906db20c2cc2744620c989663f86

I'm now lighting the tent with two 720w V2 kits from DIYLEDUK which arrived today, have spaced them out how I felt was best. Went about 220mm from edge of tent then spaced about 580mm between each heat sink down the length as the overlap isn't present at the edges and I centred them across the width. I'm hoping this'll give me about the best spread I get without a meter. That said its got to better than two HPS regardless of spacing.

I was going to use a magnetic boat level to get them level, but I don't think this will work as the floor might not be level anyway so I just measured from the ground up to each edge and adjusted all 4 ratchet ropes, all looked spot on afterwards.

large.a.JPG.c2cf37ba0c664a2227af9245e5dc

The new 10" Carbo and brand new fan are in with some RAM sono ducting, its much so quieter now.

large.b.JPG.85dd7944f7c03588532556d1b9dd

The RDWC has yet another clean as I had to get it out, no way was I going to attempt hanging those boards with it in the tent but I got time to set it back before I finished.

large.f.JPG.c4cec2a953d08f3440c9eec9c46b

I used a plum as it looked close, and the boards are about 10-15mm from being centred to the pots on the RDWC so that was a nice touch.

The only thing that still needs a little work is power and cable management. The leads I had with the HPS were huge so I could have the contactor outside the tent, but with the leads on the drivers being shorter I had to move the contactor inside, which also meant digging out the safety first extension lead.

medium.c.JPG.5fefcabe450e5fc37546fdacb79

It looks a little rough but it safe. The extension lead has an RCD and thermal cut out plus I cut the lead down to about 4M so when unwound it wasn't a nightmare trying to find spcae to lay out 20m of cable. I will get on this but I needed to the boards tested today. Eventually I will zip tie, straighten, position etc etc.

But first impressions on the QB's :eek: I am so used to the HID fire up that when I switched one on it I sort of panicked for split second, like you do when you hit a light switch in a dark room and the bulb blows.

Have to say thanks to @tokenroll for all the help with tech stuff. Also big thank you to @diyleduk for putting up with 600 PM's I have sent over the last few months, well impressed atm mate.

Just waiting for a few seeds to land that I wanted specifically for the first grow in the new tent and I'm away.

Hope everyone's good and smoking something frosty.

Take it easy all.

GV.

• Like 36

Killer set up mate can't wait to see you break in the new lights, a new era of growing for sure. 

• Like 3

@Green demon thanks mate, took me two years to finally get the QB's and the rest over the last year, took some time but well worth the wait.

• Like 8

@GreenVision looking really good in there and your photos show it all off just nice. Glad you got it all up and running without to much bother, certainly not the time to have a joint all the same lol. Now this has caused me some distress because now you have them wtf are we going to talk about for the next 2 years now lol. (hint red, and uv)hehe.

Happy growing and enjoy the reduced running costs.

Toke...

Edited by tokenroll
  • Like 5

Love it when people pay attention to the smaller details.

Rotating the pots a quarter turn once per week to help the outer edge out or no make any difference? Just curious.

I've a test grow going to learn the pitfalls, then will go for scope from diyleduk so interested in the progress of this setup.

• Like 2

great looking set up, clean and tidy.

its always good when we get new toys innit?

I hope the leds live up to your expectations.

ill be looking out for your next grow diary, good luck with them.

• Like 5

Nice! Looks to be a chunky investment. What's your space if you don't mind me asking?

Edited by SensiMille
;
  • Like 1

@Dodgee Yh in 8 weeks I'm hoping to have a net filled with OGK. Strangely I have NEVER run fem seeds directly in this system, always cuts so I'll be treading very lightly. 

Bricking it if I'm honest lol  

• Like 4

@tokenroll Oh there'll be more mate, sorry was you hoping for a rest from me lol 

I'll tone it down. But yh' the reds, I'm following your lead there dude, I have made the spacing there ready, just need to upgrade the contactor when the time comes. Hopefully you get some results from the next few grows. Hoping at the very least the extra reds help speed and maturity in the later stages.

This said I do think its something I'm going to invest in, I think given the general lower wattage / PAR given off by some of the smaller strips I cant see there being a negative by adding them, there is the extra consumption but from the figures i'm getting I'm still 25% or more lower than my two HPS with adding 4 deep red strips   :magic:

Looking at a meter for the socket now, will be interesting to see how much those HPS do actually draw, they can go to 1200w and I think it'll be eye watering how much the pair were actually using.

• Like 5

@w4lls Cheers for popping in mate. My first go with the Quantum Boards so yh' it'll be an interesting one. 

• Like 1

@lildaveham As I said to dodgee I'm actually a bit iffy' on it all. Quite a few things new in there so will be on me toes for the next few months no doubt about that lol 

• Like 3