RGS Test Grow. Strawberry Diesel x Gelato 41.

GreenVision

Hi all. Really chuffed about this one. Feels like such an honour being able to test these. Panik has kindly agreed to let me test his Strawberry Diesel X Gelato 41, a cross for me sounds like a match made in heaven.

In case your not up to speed on these strains Strawberry Diesel really is a blinder, a Strawberry Cough cross I know and have grown, and its also the supposed Stud of the legend Bruce Banner #3. Then add Gelato 41 which I've been told is a little more Indica leaning than Gelato 33 and fruitier than other Gelato Genotypes... :wub:  when Panik mentioned this cross I almost fell of me chair.

So once again the seeds arrived quick and safe...

large.d.jpg.8d747fb214764baf471f11881226

They never got to see the inside of my fridge, they went straight into a light Seaweed soak. They took a good 48 hours for all the seeds to crack but crack they all did, 16 beans and all germinated perfect and are doing great. So atm as a test grow, germination was 100% spot on, and to add on this one the seeds were very well developed, sized, coloured and matured.

large.a.jpg.b815bc5be7c799b944ba4406dfbd

large.b.jpg.3f800a4025478a2a4e1b84579e27

large.c.jpg.38b9ab7b1a825f0636756e00e503

They're in diddy pots of my fav, Plant Magic soil, and I'm keeping them on a little Seaweed until the weekend when they will go onto Rhizotonic for a week. These are reg's so hopefully given the 50/50 avg ratio I should get some nice plants in this grow. They'll be vegged under CMH and I'm planning to flower them under a mix of HPS and CMH. 

Many thanks once again @panik  :yep:

Hope everyone is well, take it easy.

GV.

• Like 25

They sound delicious good luck with them, I’m sat here smoking 5 week cured lemon from my rgs test grow, smells of oranges and lemon, is panik going for a full fruit bowl lol

• Like 5

sounds a lovely cross just like an old mr whippy van strawberry ice cream with a diesel aftertaste as van drives off playing a tune lol 

best of luck with the grow m8 

• Like 7

Wish I had room for these, Panik offered but i'm fucking up everything I touch at the moment and did not want to scrape through another test run.

They are better off in your hands @GreenVision, I might see if Panik will sell me a pack instead of the trial run. At least I can take my time with them if I buy them.

I don't mind buying a pack of RGS testers seeing as everything else i've had from RGS has been spot on. :thumsup:

Good luck with these mate! I'll watch from the sidelines :yes:

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. I think its day 10 or 11 since they broke the surface. Doing really well. 

I've taken them off the Seaweed and started them on Rhizotonic, I will likely switch to basic feed after the next watering. 

large.a.jpg.7422844416414fb66ecb9588eacf

large.b.jpg.7bb96a0f9be47ce572a0ede14536

large.c.jpg.df1ccb4a091accfca4fe3d5b5e24

large.d.jpg.19a042d5c4ad3f9cea4ed1a1f8ae

large.e.jpg.535857ab4f1a004f2d96b08c48ce

large.f.jpg.2fba41482c426e9f5d53c53a05d3

They're nice and symmetrical, no mutating among leaves etc, all perfectly healthy atm. Really am looking forward to these.

Will be back soon. 

Take it easy all.

GV.

• Like 8

Hi. Going to call this day 16 from seeds germinating and being placed into soil, I think :huh:

Still looking really healthy, although one or two have shown the lack of light, or least being to far from the light. Where these were sharing with more mature plants for about a 5-7 days they were too far from the lights but I think I have got away with any real troubles.

large.a.JPG.866a35cd54a0a8b617545c6fa45e

large.b.JPG.9023e7b79a4836731fed96025cc9

large.c.JPG.f7bd3958d5b8b498aa3a0ca9892d

large.d.JPG.ee5ac76af3136e2a989c5c236e91

These are on to Shogun Samurai Terra now at about 50% the recommended. Seems to be doing OK the Shogun Nutrients atm, the Zkittzo are being fed full dose on this stuff as well and they look peachy. Supposed to be good stuff but only bloom will tell.

As shown in first picture these now as of today have a home of thy're own and have plenty of light with a 315w CDM and 300w basic LED panel over them. The plan as it stands is to take these up to my 10 litre pots and as soon as those roots show out the bottom they will go into bloom. 

Hope everyone's well. Will update again soon.

GV.

• Like 10

19 minutes ago, Andromedian said:

Lovely looking bunch of plants......very uniform

:yep:

Taa mate, they're being kind to me so far.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, GreenVision said:

Taa mate, they're being kind to me so far.

Ha ha nah mate....plants only look right, when you treat them right

That strain sounds proper tasty.....

I'm more of an outdoor Alien myself, but pulling up a chair for this one

Be lucky

• Like 3

Day 21. Still all looking good, getting fed full on now, and on that note these plants like some feed. Have a feeling it's the Strawberry Diesel genetics but they don't like being left hungry either way. 

I used a little SMC & neem at the weekend just to keep things bug free, but not seen a thing so far so its either working or I'm just lucky. But I'll take either.

large.a.JPG.a3542d7501919af60948305981c6

large.b.JPG.9fe3a8ce497bd2afab9f8f47f2a7

large.c.JPG.39df8992b22560d245861fccedc2

Growth has slowed a little and the roots are showing under the pots so I'll be potting these up in a day or two. 

Take it easy all.

GV.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Breezus said:

Looking good in here, I'm curious about that gelato flavour profile. I hope you reman borg free mate 

:yinyang:

Taa mate. The Gelato is the male so its a case of fingers crossed. Hopefully I get some variation in genotype and find something with a strong Gelato touch. I like both parents of this strain so whatever I get I think it'll be fine with me.

• Like 4