Auto Grow: Dinafem Critical+ 2.0

Serpent

As some of you might have seen I’m currently doing an auto grow so this will run alongside the main diary for you Dinafem fans :)

Mid-April two Dinafem Critical+ 2.0 seeds were soaked in water for 24 hours, then placed into small pots with seedling compost and put into a propagator. Two days later, the Critical+ had cracked and were reaching for the sky, so were placed into my MicroBox under a 23w CFL on 24 hours a day. I also had a lone MobyDick auto, it must have been 6/7 year old but sadly after a few extra days it didn’t crack.

large.Autos-Day2-03.jpg

On day 6, a second 23w CFL was added to the MicroBox and the wet/dry feeding cycle started.

large.Autos-Day6-04.jpg

large.Autos-Day6-05.jpg

On day 8, the pots had dried out enough so I started with some supplements…

• 0.5ml per litre Plant Magic Bio-Silicon
  • 0.25ml per litre Aptus Start Booster

large.Autos-Day8-02.jpg

Day 11 everything was going OK, they were maybe a little leggy, so I got them as close to the light as I dared.

large.Autos-Day11-05.jpg

large.Autos-Day11-06.jpg

large.Autos-Day11-07.jpg

Day 15 was pot up day into 7L finals, they could have been potted up a day or two earlier, but it is what it is :) They were then placed into my tent, ballast was set to 250w and 18/6. I also added some seaweed extract into the feed so they each got around 1.25L of the following…

• 1ml per litre Plant Magic Catalyst

large.Autos-Day15-05.jpg

large.Autos-Day15-06.jpg

large.Autos-Day15-07.jpg

large.Autos-Day15-11.jpg

By day 23, they’d got a bit of a spurt on so I started on some LST and flicked the ballast to 400w. I also added some CalMag to the feed, more as a prevention than a cure and they each got around 2L of…

• 1ml per litre Plant Magic Catalyst
  • 0.5ml per litre Plant Magic Magne-Cal

large.Autos-Day23-02.jpg

large.Autos-Day23-03.jpg

large.Autos-Day23-04.jpg

large.Autos-Day23-05.jpg

large.Autos-Day23-06.jpg

large.Autos-Day23-07.jpg

Yesterday was day 29 things are ticking along nicely and pre-flowers are now showing :thumsup: I’ve been continuing with some LST as they’ve had a bit of a stretch and the ballast is still set to 400w, but will be flicked to 600w in the next day or so. Feed is also still the same, but I plan to stop the Start Booster next feed.

large.Autos-Day29-06.jpg

large.Autos-Day29-07.jpg

large.Autos-Day29-08.jpg

large.Autos-Day29-09.jpg

That’s all for now and keep it green :smokin:

• Like 10

@Serpent I do love a diary in a day type format :yep:

I know this is not completed but it's half way there, fully documented and looking on track  :bong:

@Sargares We don't tend to see you doing autos mate, is this your first auto grow or have you grown autos before?

Your roughly at the half way point. Flowers are forming so the real fun is about to begin  :yep:

All the best  :bong:

Mark..

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

@Serpent I do love a diary in a day type format :yep:

I know this is not completed but it's half way there, fully documented and looking on track  :bong:

Cheers @Dinafem-Mark and I guess with autos it's easier to document them by days :yep:

And was the quote below for me?

12 hours ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

@Sargares We don't tend to see you doing autos mate, is this your first auto grow or have you grown autos before?

Your roughly at the half way point. Flowers are forming so the real fun is about to begin  :yep:

Mark..

• Like 2

@SerpentGood to see you in the Dinafem forum dude, as usual the diary and plants are looking awesome, good luck with finishing off these Dinafem Autos dude.

• Like 2

Hi @Serpent

a cracking start as usual. Dinafem autos have a good reputation in the forum and i ll give them a try in the Winter,along with the seeds i won in the Sweet seeds comp or alone after that grow.

Atb m8.

• Like 3

On 5/23/2019 at 11:20 AM, Smokebelch said:

@SerpentGood to see you in the Dinafem forum dude, as usual the diary and plants are looking awesome, good luck with finishing off these Dinafem Autos dude.

Cheers for popping your head in @Smokebelch :yep:

On 5/23/2019 at 0:14 PM, countrock said:

Hi @Serpent

a cracking start as usual. Dinafem autos have a good reputation in the forum and i ll give them a try in the Winter,along with the seeds i won in the Sweet seeds comp or alone after that grow.

Atb m8.

Thanks @countrock if memory serves me right I've only done MobyDick autos in the past, but was quite impressed so curious to see what autos will do under a 600w :smokin:

Edited by Serpent
  • Like 3

Nice one @Serpent.  I'm watching this one as I've got a Critical +2 Auto only a few days old at the moment running alongside my Sweet Seeds autos.  Chair positioned :yep:

• Like 4

On 21/05/2019 at 9:22 AM, Serpent said:

And was the quote below for me?

Yes it was mate :yep:

Mark...

• Like 1

On 5/25/2019 at 9:53 AM, JJJ said:

Nice one @Serpent.  I'm watching this one as I've got a Critical +2 Auto only a few days old at the moment running alongside my Sweet Seeds autos.  Chair positioned :yep:

Cheers for swinging by @JJJ and good luck with your Criticals :yep:

• Like 3

On 5/20/2019 at 9:06 PM, Dinafem-Mark said:

We don't tend to see you doing autos mate, is this your first auto grow or have you grown autos before?

On 5/28/2019 at 1:26 PM, Dinafem-Mark said:

Yes it was mate :yep:

Right, I think I've quoted that right @Dinafem-Mark :)

It's actually the opposite, I've grown shed loads of autos over the years, kinda stumbled on them by accident but seemed to get half decent results for my small set up at the time. I then started to get asked loads of questions, so wrote a guide which is pinned on the Auto section on UK420 :)

• Like 2

30/05/2019 – Day #40 [18/6 Light]

Sorry for a bit of a delay updating this diary, had a bit of personal shite to deal with and as I’ve just updated my main diary, here’s the 2 Critical Autos...

Everything going OK, they’re all now well into flower which pistols everywhere and trichs starting to develop. The ballast has been switched to 600w although with it temps have been a bit high so I’ve added an 80mm PC intake fan.

What with one thing and another going on in my life, they’ve been on more of a wet/dry/even dryer feeding cycle instead of a wet/dry cycle, luckily it doesn’t seemed to have bothered them too much and I should now be able to feed them properly. I’ve also introduced bloom to the feed, 1ml at first, and now 2ml, I’ve also stopped Startbooster and Catalyst so the feed is now…

• 2ml per litre Plant Magic Oldtimers Bloom
  • 1ml per litre Plant Magic Magne-Cal

And here’s some pics...

large.Autos-Day40-07.jpg

large.Autos-Day40-08.jpg

large.Autos-Day40-09.jpg

large.Autos-Day40-10.jpg

large.Autos-Day40-11.jpg

large.Autos-Day40-12.jpg

large.Autos-Day40-13.jpg

large.Autos-Day40-14.jpg

large.Autos-Day40-15.jpg

large.Autos-Day40-16.jpg

Thanks for swinging by and keep it green :smokin:

• Like 7

Hitting the day 40 Mark and your starting to get some lovely flower development mate ;)

Definitely going to have one hefty size central cola and some impressive side branches  :yep:

On 30/05/2019 at 0:37 PM, Serpent said:

It's actually the opposite, I've grown shed loads of autos over the years, kinda stumbled on them by accident but seemed to get half decent results for my small set up at the time. I then started to get asked loads of questions, so wrote a guide which is pinned on the Auto section on UK420 :)

I should have known that lol

Sorry mate ;)

Mark.. 

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 2