Cheap and cheerful CMH

Dodgee

Cheers Dodgee,

Also wanted to get some growing specs up (bearing in mind this is in open air, no reflector yet):

I had 1-2 day-old seedlings stretching at about 13 inches from bulb - currently moved to 11 inches away, stretching seems to have stopped (I am comparing to previous grows, 1cm away from 23W CFL, as per in my sig)

I had Mothers and rooted cuts at 6 inches from open bulb, no problems (except super fast growth and less than 24 hours wet/dry cycle lol), just 4" RVK and passive intake, no extra air circulation as of yet.

I'm expecting some impressive growth off this thing, and all for less than 50 quid, including one of each colour bulb. There may be a diary coming... I'd like to test out the difference between the bulbs and share it. It'll only be Auto's of course - you'd have to use clones and run it 12/12 to really see the difference, but it might still be fun.

Sub

• Like 2

• 3 years later...

Great hands, fair play fellas. 

I bought a light online , well thought I was getting a 150w unit but it turned out to be the casing, wires , but no ballast or ignitor . An empty downlight is all it is. After looking for ballasts online and other units it's probably handier to go with what I had seen first , a 150w CMH floodlight, or an actual 150w grow light for near 100 quid. It'll mean dumping something I just bought but buying a ballast would make it an extra job, and I'd save only twenty quid by not buying the all in one unit.